Aloha, We worked hard and long to find this fabulous piece of Heaven.We have truly turned it into a World from the past, Ranch living. Which is now the Tradewinds Ranch. We just cant keep this fabulous place to our self's. So we would love to share our Ranch living in Hawaii with you all.Its a 30 acre working ranch with Cattle,Sheep,Goats,Pigs,Ducks,Chickens and Horses and two donkey's Its very private here.
Keywords: Home away from home Hawaiian style,Ocean view walking distance to the beach.
Aloha were the Thielen,s Were truly animal lovers and were big go getter .We work hard every day and would not have it any other way ,We built this ranch from nothing and it sure turn out perfect.We Would love to see this Country run like it use to be like it should be just like its done way out here.
cheryl thielen purchased this farmhouse in 2010
We built it in 2010 it's a new home with all new everything.It's very private and all country living.The house sleeps up to #13 guest.You all have lots of room two Live,Laugh,Love,Eat,Drink And Be Marry.
This is long over due caused by illness upon my return. My many mahalos to you Cheryl for giving me a wonderful reunion with my family that will be historic in my grand-children memories for many years to come. I was so pound of my 93 year old mother being able to move around very well on the first floor was comfortable and ease. We all had a fantastic time with your layed back farm atmosphere and the great bonus of your pool. The house was incredible and much larger than the picture show. We had a house full, but didn't feel crowded at all. For being a great diamond in the rough with the blessing of such a special property I would hope to come back again and maybe for a wedding this next time! God be always with you, Bonnie Mitchell...
We took our whole family here for vacation. There were 11 of us, ranging in ages from 7-60. We all had a wonderful time in this amazing home. The home is spacious, clean, and comfortable. It is secluded yet we were able to drive to many attractions in less than an hour. Many were much closer. The beach is just a short walk away. The animals on the ranch were all friendly. Our kids loved them! The owners, Dave and Cheryl were the perfect hosts, and went above and beyond making sure everything was just right. None of us wanted to leave this paradise, and we all want to come back. It was such a blessing to hear all of our kids say that this was the best vacation that they ever had! Much Mahalos, Dave and Cheryl!
Great place, clean, quite, nice breeze from the tradewinds. Mountians right behind the house...beautiful setting. Clean uncrowded beaches nearby. The eggs were great that Cheryl provided. We went to the beach, visited Pearl Harbor, Diamondhead, a couple of hikes to waterfalls, tours on the Kualoa ranch. Stayed 10 days and it went by so fast. Used the house to come back and have dinner and unwind after a day of sight-seeing or exploring. Worked out perfectly and would do it again. Definately at this place! Cheryl and Dave have a great place here and they are wonderful people!!!
The ranch was great for our family, lots of space for the kids both inside and out. The animals were a bonus, getting to pet the horses and see the cows. We had eggs and coconuts as well. It was located about a mile from the beach and just a few miles from Laie, Polynesian cultural center, groceries and kid friendly north shore beaches. Plus about 10 miles from Sunset and other surfing. The master bed was comfortable and there are lots of beach toys, towels, coolers, snorkels and a kayak. Down side, there were some Mosquitos, and they have several roosters who compete with each other in the mornings. After a few days we learned to tune them out. All in all it was a great value for the price.
We were left alone. There are animals and we loved them all.
Nice to be able to relax away from ALL the hotels, people, noises. I like quiet and being left alone.
This place completely exceeded my expectations, and my expectations were pretty high. The home is tucked up into the forest. We were looking for a family friendly home away from the hustle and bustle of the stereotypical Honolulu / Waikiki / Oahu vacation, and that is exactly what we found. Located about a mile and a half from the main road, and behind 2 gates you will be staying in an home surrounded by papaya, mango, and coconut trees, and pastures with geese, horses, sheep, goats, and longhorn cattle. Cheryl welcomed us with a basket of delicious fresh fruit and free-range chicken eggs, all gathered from around the ranch. With 3 bedrooms, 3 decks, 2 full kitchens and 2 comfortable living rooms there is plenty of room to spread out and find a quiet space.
My top 2 reasons to stay here
1) you have a big family, and are looking to be over on the northeast coast to visit the sites such as Laie, Mormon Temple, PCC, etc. this is the place for you.
2) you want a comfortable peaceful get-away
For us this was a perfect location, but it isn't for everyone.
1) there are 2 steep staircases that must be navigated to get to the upstairs. If you have limited mobility you may find yourself stuck downstairs -- which isn't necessarily bad. There is a nice bedroom with a king-size bed, a full bath, a big TV with 2 comfortable couches, and a full kitchen.
2) You are a long way from the nicest beaches. 20 minutes from North Shore beaches like Sunset, 45 minutes from southeast beaches like Bellow, 1hr 10min from Hanauma Bay, etc. There are beaches nearby but may disappoint.
3) as some of the other reviews mentioned... there are critters in the house. Despite screens on windows and doors, the reality of living in rain forest is that keeping the bugs and geckos out is nearly impossible. During our week in the house we found a gecko, a large spider (3" garden variety), and a 3" centipede, plus other smaller flying and/or creeping bugs. We expected them and helped them find there way outdoors. Let me be perfectly clear, the house is clean, but it's location makes it likely that you will find an occasional unwelcome visitor. That said, there was one unwelcome visitor that we didn't see many of... Mosquitoes. We fully expected to have trouble with them, but it didn't materialize. Maybe we were just lucky, but over the course of the week I only saw a couple.
This was our first experience with VRBO, but likely won't be our last.
Thanks Cheryl, Mahalo
We are 45 min from Honolulu Airport.
Other Activities: .
Golf: Turtal bay has 2 courses.
Ski: Hawaii snow is only on the big island.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.