Olympia House Rental Photos and Description
House, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 2-6)
** More photos available on our blog! You can find the link to our blog by scrolling down to the calendar & rates section. **
Cross the one-lane bridge to Treasure Island and you're instantly on island time and ready to relax. Although you're still close to town (about a one and a half hour drive from Seattle, and 30+ minutes from both Bremerton and Tacoma), you'll feel a million miles away. This is the perfect destination for a family getaway, ladies weekend, or romantic retreat! We are pet-friendly and family-friendly.
You'll love the unobstructed, waterfront views which you see from the moment you enter the house. The main level of the house includes the living room with wood-burning fireplace, kitchen, dining area, master bedroom and full bath.
The lower level has its own living area complete with TV/DVD combo, couch with full size pullout bed, a private bedroom with two twin beds, a second full bathroom, and outdoor access. The set-up makes for a great stay for families with kids or couples as the 2 levels really provide for your own space!
Relax on the large deck with a drink and your loved ones while watching the sun set from your West-facing view. Play a board game after dinner with your family in front of the fire. Visit one of the state’s remaining Drive In Theatres, located about a 20 minute drive from the house. Go for a walk or run around the island (it loops around, and is about a mile and a half). Dig for clams and cook them outside over the fire pit - or roast marshmallows there. And don't forget to enjoy the waters of the Case Inlet -- boating, swimming, fishing, kayaking and more!
Looking to explore the area? Other things to do:
- GOLF: Lakeland Village, the course at Alderbrook Resort, Trophy Lake (18 holes), and championship courses Gold Mountain (36 holes) and McCormick Woods (18 holes are all within a 30 minute drive.
- HIKE: Checkout the Theler Wetlands in Belfair, or take a 3-mile hike to the Mt. Elinor Trailhead. There are countless trails in the Olympic National Forest.
- WATER ACTIVITIES: Rent a kayak in Allyn, go swimming, dig for clams, rent a fishing pole and gear from Hood Canal Adventures in Union, visit one of the many public access boat launches or beaches for a picnic, swim, or adventure on the beach.
- DAY TRIPS: Spend a relaxing afternoon driving along US Highway 101, checking out the Hood Canal. Make stops along the way to visit Hoodsport Winery, Potlatch State Park, or seafood markets and shops in Lilliwaup and Hoodsport. Visit the High Steel Bridge, 420 feet above the Skykomish River. Other day trips include visiting Port Townsend, Bainbridge Island, Bremerton, Olympia, and of course Seattle.
- MUSEUMS & GALLERIES: Mason County Historical Museum in Shelton, McReavy House in Union, Skokomish Tribal Center and Museum in Skokomish Nation, Harstine Island Gallery in Shelton.
- CHAINSAW CARVING: Don’t miss the George Kenny School of Chainsaw Carving in Allyn.
- FARMERS MARKET: Visit the Belfair, Shelton, and Harstine Island Farmers Markets.
- WINERIES: Hoodsport Winery, Walter Dacon Wines, Mosquito Fleet Winery, Nanstad Winery, and 2 tasting rooms/gift shops: Top of the Cork in Allyn, and Cameo Boutique in Union.
The house has everything you will need for a perfect, stress-free getaway - beach towels, linens, a small but well-equipped kitchen, iPod sound docks, charcoal BBQ, servingware for entertaining, board games, cable TV, wireless internet, and so much more. You'll love the special touches we've included from Pottery Barn furnishings to Henckel cutlery.
Traveling with a large group? The lower levels of our property are perfect for tents. Traveling with kids or pets? We recently installed a gate on the deck to keep little ones and pets from trying out the stairs. We know you'll love our beach house as much as we do!
Keywords: Waterfront, beach, cabin, cottage, Northwest, private, cozy, fire pit, fireplace, shells, sand, marina, family, relaxing, retreat
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
About The Owner
Originally purchased by our family of 4, we love creating more memories there as our family expands.
The Owner purchased this house in 2000
Why The Owner chose Olympia
We originally visited Treasure Island back in the 90's with some friends who have a house on the island. Our family fell in love with the charm of the island and the one lane bridge. When this house came up for sale, we bought it! Having lived in Seattle for many years, it was just the right distance to go for a quick weekend trip, or longer. It's the Northwest area at its best!
What makes this house unique
Being directly on the waterfront is the best, with easy access for all kinds of water related activities. We have spent many summer days digging for clams right in front of the house, and cooking them right there over the firepit. We love grilling on the charcoal BBQ in the summer, and cuddling up in front of the fireplace in the winter and playing board games.