Jamestown (Conanicut Island) House Rental Photos and Description
House, 3 Bedrooms +2 Convertible bed(s), 1.5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
Parking available for up to 5 cars, 3 in driveway, 2 directly in front of the house on street. Large, Fenced yard. 5 minutes to scenic Newport, Directly over the Newport Bridge in historic Jamestown. Peaceful & Quiet Neighborhood! There is a strict limit to 8 persons on the premises due to the location of the home in a residential neighborhood. This home is perfect for families with children & small pets, looking for a quiet, relaxing setting. Enjoy Newport during the day & retreat to this home for rest & relaxation. Located in a 'No Outlet' neighborhood, with no noise & no traffic. Why stay in crowded Newport, when a tranquil vacation home is yours just 5 minutes away! Please check out rates & calendar for availability. Spacious Home, Clean & Comfortable. Easy on/off highway access. The only traffic, in & out are the families that live there. Very quiet, no noise from the highway or busy side of island. Perfect getaway! Newly, updated kitchen and bath, March 2012. Super Clean. Pet Friendly. Large yard for children to play.
Watch the sun set on the farmer's porch. Relax w/ family & friends on the large deck w/ private, fenced in yard. BBQ and enjoy roasting marshmallows with the outside chimenea. Enjoy walking, biking on quiet streets. Perfect area for children or pets to run! Store your RV or boat, right on site.
2nd Floor- Master bedroom includes queen sleigh bed w/ wall mounted HDTV & air conditioning. Large closet and bright, airy windows. Second large bedroom has queen bed, also with lots of windows & air conditioning. Smaller bedroom is great for children, 2 twin beds, built in wooden desk & high, slanted wooden ceiling. There is a full bathroom, newly remodeled as of March 2012 on the second floor. Fully stocked linen closet is in the hallway.
1st floor- On chilly nights, there is a woodstove in the parlor, just off the kitchen. This parlor is now furnished with a pull out full size sofa. There is also a half bath, just off the kitchen. Kitchen is fully stocked w/ utensils, pots, pans, dishes, etc. Dishwasher & microwave is also available. Dining room w/ large table, Living room w/ large, flatscreen HDTV and cable, DVD player. Sectional couch for comfort while enjoying a great movie.
Den/ Basement- Full, finished basement with couch, treadmill & sleeper sofa. Brand new front load Washer & dryer are onsite.
Brand new additions!! Pool table & air hockey table
Keywords: 3 bedroom colonial, Sleeps 8-10, front farmer's porch, large yard & deck. Paved driveway, quiet street, minutes to beach, shopping, restaurants
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- Long-term Renters Welcome
My husband & I are life long Rhode Island residents. My husband grew up in Jamestown and is a retired police officer. I am a physical therapist assistant, many years working with the injured elderly to help return them to independence. Late Summer, 2012 reopened a classic 'Worcester Car' Diner, in East Greenwich, RI. It was established in 1917 and we serve unique breakfast & lunch menus. It is called, Jigger's Hill & Harbour Diner. We love to travel, to clean, relaxing destinations and know you would enjoy our second home as your super clean, vacation rental!
Jamestown's most popular vacation time of year is SUMMER. Our rental is located on a quiet street, perfect location for scenic walking or bike riding. Within minutes from Jamestown's ' town ' area, with casual & fine dining . Enjoy ocean site seeing on this island, that is accessible by 2 bridges on each side.
1. Take a 5 min drive over the Pell Bridge to historic Newport. Lots of sightseeing, accessible by car or walking. Shop at Brick Market Place, tour the historic mansions on Bellevue Ave, visit the Tennis Hall of Fame, or soak up the sun on the exquisite beaches. Enjoy fresh seafood, a RI favorite at many local establishments.
2. Take the Jamestown Bridge over to Rt. 4, 25 min. to Providence for exclusive mall shopping or elegant dining on historic Federal Hill. Visit the Providence Children's Museum on rainy days or Roger Williams Zoo, just outside of Providence.
3. During the winter months, enjoy snow skiing at RI's own Yawgoo Ski Area, just 20 minutes from Jamestown.
4. October months, enjoy warm days & cooler nights ( perfect for the wood stove )
Fall foliage in RI can be seen wherever you go & it is beautiful!
5. Spring time in RI is very energizing! Enjoy 70 degree days with cooler nights while watching all of our beautiful spring flowers emerge all over the state.