Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located!: Enjoy local sites, or venture out to explore beautiful Vancouver Island. Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located for day trips!
Within 10 minutes drive:
- Coombs Market – boutiques, bakery, restaurant and the famous Goats on the Roof!
- Parksville Beach (Sandcastle Competition, beach volleyball tournaments).
- Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park.
- Qualicum Cheeseworks.
Within 20 minutes:
- Englishman River Provincial Park.
- Rathtrevor Beach and Park.
- Cathedral Grove – old growth forest.
- Horn Lake Caves.
A short drive..: 30 minutes to:
- Nanaimo – shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas,
- Nanaimo Waterfront Park – enjoy spectacular views, fish and chips on the wharf. Take a ferry to nearby Protection Island for lunch at the pub, or to Newcastle Island Park for a day of picnicking and hiking and beautiful vistas.
- Port Alberni – walk on the pier, visit McLean historic mill; take a day trip on the ferry to Bamfield.
- Ferry to Denman and Hornby Islands. Hornby is famous for exquisite Tribune Bay Beach and numerous hiking trails. Explore Helliwell Park or climb Mount Jeffrey for excellent cliff side views.
- Enjoy the murals, shops, restaurants and live theatre in Chemainus – the Little Town that Could!
- Visit 5th St. in downtown Courtenay, Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf.
A little further down the road..: 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Visit historic downtown Ladysmith. Browse the shops. Then visit the lovely beach. If you have children, they will enjoy the excellent playground at the beach!- In Comox, visit Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf in Comox. Take in the mountain views.
- Continue on to Mt. Washington. Ski in winter. Great and scenic walks in summer! Paradise Meadows is wheel-chair and senior friendly – and breathtakingly beautiful!
1 ½ to 2 hours drive:
- Pacific Rim Park and miles of wind-swept beach at Long Beach.
- Wild Pacific Trail is a new and spectacular seaside trail from the lighthouse in Ucluelet.
- Whale watching tours in Tofino.
- Drive south to Victoria, Vancouver Island’s biggest city and BC’s capital. It is a very pretty and lively city. Visit bookstores, shops, restaurants, the Royal BC Museum and IMAX Theatre, Butchart Gardens and Beacon Hill Park.
- Wine tasting.