|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
Let our light and airy 2-bedroom rancher be your Home Away from Home! This is not a basement suite. You will have the entire home and private yard to call your own! You will enjoy the huge master bedroom with ensuite Jacuzzi tub, and relax on the large, sunny backyard deck. Or perhaps you would like to lounge on the hammock in a shady spot and enjoy the garden flowers after a day on the beach or playing golf.
Settle in and enjoy life as a local in the picturesque village of Qualicum Beach. The village centre shops and library are within an easy 2 1/2 block walking distance. During July and August 2011 there will be a free shuttle bus service between Qualicum Beach town centre and the beach front. You will also be centrally located for easy day trips to explore other Vancouver Island destinations.
Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located!: Enjoy local sites, or venture out to explore beautiful Vancouver Island. Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located for day trips!
Within 10 minutes drive:
- Coombs Market – boutiques, bakery, restaurant and the famous Goats on the Roof!
- Parksville Beach (Sandcastle Competition, beach volleyball tournaments).
- Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park.
- Qualicum Cheeseworks.
Within 20 minutes:
- Englishman River Provincial Park.
- Rathtrevor Beach and Park.
- Cathedral Grove – old growth forest.
- Horn Lake Caves.
A short drive..: 30 minutes to:
- Nanaimo – shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas,
- Nanaimo Waterfront Park – enjoy spectacular views, fish and chips on the wharf. Take a ferry to nearby Protection Island for lunch at the pub, or to Newcastle Island Park for a day of picnicking and hiking and beautiful vistas.
- Port Alberni – walk on the pier, visit McLean historic mill; take a day trip on the ferry to Bamfield.
- Ferry to Denman and Hornby Islands. Hornby is famous for exquisite Tribune Bay Beach and numerous hiking trails. Explore Helliwell Park or climb Mount Jeffrey for excellent cliff side views.
- Enjoy the murals, shops, restaurants and live theatre in Chemainus – the Little Town that Could!
- Visit 5th St. in downtown Courtenay, Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf.
A little further down the road..: 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Visit historic downtown Ladysmith. Browse the shops. Then visit the lovely beach. If you have children, they will enjoy the excellent playground at the beach!- In Comox, visit Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf in Comox. Take in the mountain views.
- Continue on to Mt. Washington. Ski in winter. Great and scenic walks in summer! Paradise Meadows is wheel-chair and senior friendly – and breathtakingly beautiful!
1 ½ to 2 hours drive:
- Pacific Rim Park and miles of wind-swept beach at Long Beach.
- Wild Pacific Trail is a new and spectacular seaside trail from the lighthouse in Ucluelet.
- Whale watching tours in Tofino.
- Drive south to Victoria, Vancouver Island’s biggest city and BC’s capital. It is a very pretty and lively city. Visit bookstores, shops, restaurants, the Royal BC Museum and IMAX Theatre, Butchart Gardens and Beacon Hill Park.
- Wine tasting.
My wife and I and our 3year old daughter enjoyed the month of dec and into the new year here the property is very comfortable and allowed our small shorkie as well which is hard to find places that do allow pets in Qualicum , this beach is like my second home from Ontario sauble beach and this home was like living in the castle of Qualicum to me
Thank you kindly Linda, I hope you found the garage door opener ? Cheers
We had a peaceful and relaxing stay in beautiful Qualicum Beach. The house is cosy, clean and comfortable and has all the amenities of home. The backyard is sunny and private, a great place to enjoy your morning coffee or read in the afternoon. A short walk takes you to the stores and restaurants of downtown. We look forward to a return stay.
I had the pleasure of staying at this cozy property from October 2012 until December 2013. The House is very well maintained and offers all amenities such as W/D, Dishwasher, a fully equipped kitchen, a lovely patio, garden, huge Garage....
The beautiful Beach and many walking/hiking trails are very close by, the supermarket can easily be reached and there is no need to use your car, which I found highly convenient. Qualicum Beach overall is a great Place to stay/live, with lots of unique stores, cafes and restaurants (all in walking distance from the property!). Most of the Island's attraction (i.e. Cathedral Grove, Tofino, Victoria...) can be reached by car for day or weekend trips.
I can't say enough nice things about the owners Linda and Allison, they are simply amazing and super nice people.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at 817 Primrose in Qualicum Beach and I sure hope to return in the future.
What a great place to stay! The hosts were helpful in our planning with many recommendations of places to see and things to do. It was a great base to travel anywhere on the island! It was about 2 hours to Victoria (Butchart Gardens were breathtaking!). Two hours to the west coast where we went whale watching with Jamie's Whale watching tours. We didn't see any whales the first trip out, they gave us a voucher to go again and we saw a gray whale. It was thrilling to see a whale but even if we hadn't, the trip was beautiful and the tour guides friendly and knowledgable. There were great beaches to go shell hunting and tide pool viewing within 10 minutes, one beach we went to had THOUSANDS of sand dollars! The house was clean, had wonderful plush towels, beautiful wood floors, and a gas fireplace that really took off the chill on the damp days. The kitchen was more than adequate, with all the necessary utensils, pans, etc. Even a full spice rack! We especially loved the back yard, it had a great deck with a grill and tables and chairs, but the best part was that it felt so private with beautiful plants and flowers all around. We just got home and I'm ready to go back! Thank you Linda and Allison!
WE COULD NOT HAVE HAD A MORE GRACIOUS AND THOUGHTFUL OWNERS.
THE HOME WAS SPOTLESS AND SUPPLIED WITH LINENS ETC.
DELIGHTED WITH THE THOUGHTFULL ITEMS OVER AND ABOVE WHAT WAS EXPECTED.
WE WOULD DEFINITELY WANT TO STAY AGAIN ON OUR NEXT VISIT.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE AS WE FEEL THEY WOULD BE VERY PLEASED.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR STAY SO PLEASANT.
Expansive sandy beach, 5 golf courses nearby, quaint village, live theater, antiques, Sandcastle contest, Cathedral Grove, Rathtrevor Beach, Little Qualicum Falls, Englishman River Falls, Parksville beach, mini-golf, boutique shops, restaurants, hiking, 1 1/2 hrs to Long Beach, 2 hrs to Victoria, Gulf Islands, Horn Lake Caves, Saturday market, Old School House Art Center, Milner Gardens.
Other Activities: kayaking, spelunking, boutiques, live theatre, gardens, bird-watching
Golf: There are 5 golf course within minutes of your Qualicum Beach home. Memorial Golf course is my favorite - with its mountain and beach vistas, it is truly memorable.
Ski: Ski and hike at Mt. Washington. Great snow in winter (usually the most in BC!) and wonderful hiking in summer. An hour's drive from your home in Qualicum.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 1 2015 - Jun 27 2015
30 night minimum stay
Jun 28 2015 - Sep 5 2015
30 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||C$400|
Long term rentals are welcome. If rented long term, the rate remains at $1450 during the summer months.
Cash, cheque or credit card accepted. 50% at the time of booking to confirm the reservation. Balance is due 2 weeks before arrival date.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (CAD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.