Qualicum Beach House Rental Photos and Description
2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 4
Let our light and airy 2-bedroom rancher be your Home Away from Home! This is not a basement suite. You will have the entire home and private yard to call your own! You will enjoy the huge master bedroom with ensuite Jacuzzi tub, and relax on the large, sunny backyard deck. Or perhaps you would like to lounge on the hammock in a shady spot and enjoy the garden flowers after a day on the beach or playing golf.
Settle in and enjoy life as a local in the picturesque village of Qualicum Beach. The village centre shops and library are within an easy 2 1/2 block walking distance. During July and August 2011 there will be a free shuttle bus service between Qualicum Beach town centre and the beach front. You will also be centrally located for easy day trips to explore other Vancouver Island destinations.
Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located!: Enjoy local sites, or venture out to explore beautiful Vancouver Island. Your Qualicum Beach home is centrally located for day trips!
Within 10 minutes drive:
- Coombs Market – boutiques, bakery, restaurant and the famous Goats on the Roof!
- Parksville Beach (Sandcastle Competition, beach volleyball tournaments).
- Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park.
- Qualicum Cheeseworks.
Within 20 minutes:
- Englishman River Provincial Park.
- Rathtrevor Beach and Park.
- Cathedral Grove – old growth forest.
- Horn Lake Caves.
A short drive..: 30 minutes to:
- Nanaimo – shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas,
- Nanaimo Waterfront Park – enjoy spectacular views, fish and chips on the wharf. Take a ferry to nearby Protection Island for lunch at the pub, or to Newcastle Island Park for a day of picnicking and hiking and beautiful vistas.
- Port Alberni – walk on the pier, visit McLean historic mill; take a day trip on the ferry to Bamfield.
- Ferry to Denman and Hornby Islands. Hornby is famous for exquisite Tribune Bay Beach and numerous hiking trails. Explore Helliwell Park or climb Mount Jeffrey for excellent cliff side views.
- Enjoy the murals, shops, restaurants and live theatre in Chemainus – the Little Town that Could!
- Visit 5th St. in downtown Courtenay, Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf.
A little further down the road..: 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Visit historic downtown Ladysmith. Browse the shops. Then visit the lovely beach. If you have children, they will enjoy the excellent playground at the beach!- In Comox, visit Filberg Gardens, or enjoy the beach or wharf in Comox. Take in the mountain views.
- Continue on to Mt. Washington. Ski in winter. Great and scenic walks in summer! Paradise Meadows is wheel-chair and senior friendly – and breathtakingly beautiful!
1 ½ to 2 hours drive:
- Pacific Rim Park and miles of wind-swept beach at Long Beach.
- Wild Pacific Trail is a new and spectacular seaside trail from the lighthouse in Ucluelet.
- Whale watching tours in Tofino.
- Drive south to Victoria, Vancouver Island’s biggest city and BC’s capital. It is a very pretty and lively city. Visit bookstores, shops, restaurants, the Royal BC Museum and IMAX Theatre, Butchart Gardens and Beacon Hill Park.
- Wine tasting.
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- pets not allowed