Private country estate with both summer and winter sports close to Toronto
The house itself is a beautifully appointed, full of 'Canadiana' pine furniture and antiques. It has 4 bedrooms which include 2 master bedrooms, each with an ensuite bathroom. Sleeps 8 comfortably with 1 king, 1 queen and two sets of twin beds. There are 3 full bathrooms, each equipped with a shower and bathtub. The living area has a spacious, attractive living room centred around a wood-burning fireplace and a separate dining room which seats 10. There is a large, fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher. At the front of the house is a large screened in veranda which is wonderful all summer - it has a beautiful view overlooking the large trout pond and swimming pool with forest in the distance.
The house also has a satellite TV. tennis racquets, 2 bicycles, a croquet set, golf clubs, some board games and a gas fired barbecue.
There is a 2nd house on the property about 1/4 mile away .This house is smaller, has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is also available for rent from time to time.
The whole property consists of 85 acres of ponds, streams, forests and open spaces. It is in the Mulmur Hills, 65 miles north-west of Toronto and 15 miles north of Orangeville Ont and is completely secluded. This area is designated Niagara Escarpment land and accordingly has reduced development all around.
Not only is the property beautiful to live on, but it offers a host of outdoor activities on the property: swimming, tennis, hiking, fishing, cross country skiing, snow-shoeing and even skating.
Near the property are even more activities- hiking on the Bruce Trail, downhill skiing, ski-dooing, cross country skiing and snow-shoeing on groomed public trails.
On the property, it is not uncommon to see deer, wild turkeys, beaver, duck, geese and great blue herons- truly a northern Canadian experience.
What makes the property more attractive is that, although totally private , it is close to all kinds of shopping, fine and family dining and cultural and historic sites.
The property is located :
- 65 miles and 80 minutes from downtown Toronto, even less from Mississauga and Oakville and 1 hour from Pearson International Airport.
Amenities and activities nearby include:
- 1/2 mile from public cross-country skiing, snow-shoe & snow-mobile trails
- 2 miles from Shelburne for all the basic necessities such as food, gas and liquor.
- 2 miles from a good 18 hole public golf course
- 2 miles from a section of the well-known Bruce Trail for hiking and biking
- 10 miles from downhill skiing at Mansfield Ski Resort
- 15 miles from Orangeville, which provides a large variety of shopping at various Canadian retail chain and big box stores along with all types of restaurants, live theatre and a movie complex.
- 20 miles from the picturesque Ontario country town of Creemore with its antique stores, restaurants and shopping
- 30 miles from Collingwood and Georgian Bay with much more downhill skiing and water sports
- 30 miles from Canada's Wonderland, one of Canada's best amusement or theme parks for kids
- 90 minutes by car to the well-known Stratford Shakespearian Theatre which operates from May to Oct every year
- 2 hours to the Shaw Festival in picturesque Niagara-on-the-Lake, the nearby vineyards with excellent restaurants, as well as Canada's famous Niagara Falls.
A slide show of the house and property are available upon request.
Keywords: Beautifully furnished country house with private pool, tennis court and trout pond
I am in my mid sixties, live in Toronto and run my own business brokerage company.
This property has been in the family now for more than 40 years. There are 2 houses on the property which my sister and I share. The details listed here are for the larger of two houses on the property. The other smaller house is about 1/4 mile away, out of sight of the main house, has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is also available for rent.
I often rent the bigger house out for the entire winter for skiers
My father bought this property as a weekend place because of its beauty, the trout pond, its seclusion and the proximity to Toronto. This was the 2nd home for our family. We have gone on weekends all year round for years and there are many other Torontonians who weekend in this area.
It is wonderful in all seasons of the year for outdoor sports - see below and it is close to all amenities.
Necessities can be bought nearby and there are good dining spots very near by.
85 aces of ponds & forests all for your use. Your own tennis court, swimming pool and trout pond. Hiking in the summer and snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing in the winter on the property and just off the property.
The house is a spacious, well equipped and nicely furnished with 2 Master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms.
Downhill skiing nearby. The house is big enough to be shared by 8 people and so could be used for a reunion of family and friends. You could also use it as home -base for skiing venture in either Collingwood or Mansfield, a nearby ski resort.
This house and property would be great for a getaway,a honey-moon, a small wedding or a family reunion. You will have complete privacy yet you are close to many activities and attractions.
The property is within 20 minutes of Creemore, 30 minutes of Collingwood and 60 minutes of Toronto.