Our casita is located in the beautiful town of Todos Santos - close to Cabo and La Paz for ease of arrival/flights/etc., but far enough away to be totally different.
Todos Santos is at the southern part of Baja, in one of the safest areas of Mexico, and is over a thousand miles from the U.S. border!
The feeling here is laid-back and relaxed. You have everything you need to be comfortable right here at our casita, or you can find adventure in all directions if you want. Eat healthy food, breathe clean air, take in the beauty of the area, relax and create beautiful art if you like!
Amenities of the casita:
- Ocean view and within a half mile of the beach
- Gardens with banana trees, roses and beautiful flowering plants
- Full Kitchen with polished concrete counters, coffee maker, all utensils, gas stove, refrigerator, blender, bottled water dispenser
- Single bedroom with Queen pillow-top bed, two closets, desk, and shelves for additional items
- Single futon in living area makes into additional sleeping if needed
- Upstairs suite & terraza with double bed, bedside tables, and storage shelves with drawers for clothes and other items
- Gas BBQ for grilling fresh fish, lobster, steaks, or hamburgers, etc.
- Walk-in shower
- Handicap accessible shower and main house rooms
- Bed linens & towels provided (bring your own beach towels)
- Artist table in upstairs suite for painting or creating
- Sand yard and garden areas for beach feel
- Outdoor patios with tables and chairs
- Palm trees
- Privacy with fenced yard
- Safe neighborhood
Go to the beach to watch the whales and enjoy the sunset with margaritas, or hang out in a hammock under banana trees and passion fruit. The downtown area is fun, friendly, and vibrant at all hours of the day. You'll find lots of shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
Don't forget to pick up some fresh baked bread and locally grown vegetables and fruit for dinner at nearby grocery stores which also carry about anything you would need if you forgot something at home.
- Restaurants; Miguels, Chilakos, Cafelix, Hot Dog stands at night, El Zaguan, Shut-Up Franks, Los Adobes, Taco George's, and lots more.
- Art Galleries; Jill Logan, Gabo, N E Hayles, Charles Stewart, Catherine Wall, Arturo, Galeria Indigo, Galería de Todos Santos - Pat and Michael Cope, Galería Santa Fe and many more!
- Beaches for strolling and sunbathing; TS down from house, Cerritos, Las Palmas, Pescadero. La Pastora, La Poza
- Charming Mexican shops for purchasing gift items and souvenirs
- Hiking/mtn biking; in back of the house and surrounding area
- Surfing; Cerritos
- Swimming; Cerritos, Las Palmas
- Body surfing; Las Palmas, Cerritos
- Snorkeling; La Paz, Cabo
- Sport fishing; Cabo, Todos Santos, La Paz
- Kayaking; La Paz
- Purchase fresh fish from the fishermen at playa Punta Lobos
- Sea Turtle Volunteer Opportunities available in Todos Santos
- Adventure and Eco Tours in Todos Santos
- Music, dancing at various restaurants around town
- Dharma talks and Insight Meditation with Robert K. Hall, M.D. meets Sundays 10-11:30 a.m. at La A.R.C.A. downtown Todos Santos on Calle Topete and Pilar. Everyone is welcome.
Keywords: todos santos rental, casita, bungalo, artist retreat, ocean view rental, inexpensive house rental mexico, low cost rental, mexico beach rental, baja rental house, baja vacation rental, artist studio, baja getaway
Our stay was fun and relaxed. We loved the privacy and security of the property, including the open patio upstairs with the amazing ocean views. A margarita at sunset looking out at the ocean is pretty hard to beat!
Lindy and I are both artists and have worked to bring our Todos Santos casita to a comfortable place. We live in the southwest of the US, but love coming to TS to relax and create. We both mountain bike, hike, swim & snorkel dive, avid music lovers, go to art galleries, and make art ourselves. Lindy is an acrylic fine artist, and I am a Raku pottery artist. We have two well-traveled border collies who have traveled here many times.
Todos Santos is a comfortable, non-commercialized artistic place which is close to travel to, but apart from the tourist throngs of Cabo. You'll find as we did, that TS has lots of history with old buildings & beautiful art galleries, some tourist stuff too but overwhelmingly a beautiful town with local families and lots of charm.
Over the years, we've enjoyed finding restaurants where you are treated like family, stores with locally grown produce, live music, or getting out on a night to watch the local baseball team play in the lighted stadium. Evenings are lively here too, where you can go get an amazing bacon wrapped hot dog in the evening, hanging out with the locals having late night social hour around the hotdog stand.
It seems that tourist expansion has only slightly occurred in TS. Although you will find the Hotel California, and newer small boutique hotels, it remains mostly unchanged with emphasis on preserving the historical buildings and old world charm.
There are lots of good deals to be found here too, just like in the old days, which feels a lot better than the gringo pricing you find in many overdeveloped tourist traps.
Scenery - the ocean views just never get old. The house is in a neighborhood of larger homes and is on a large lot with gardens of bananas, passion fruit, mango, orange, lime, coconut, and various palms and flowering plants.
Great food. Slowing down here lets you appreciate the fresh tortillas (made daily about a block away), the fresh local produce, the amazing baked breads and desserts, coffee with real cream, and of course the beautiful weather. Perfect for creating, adventuring, or just reading a great book in a hammock under the banana trees and passion fruit arbor.
Security - steel doors with keyed deadbolts, gated and fenced property with off street parking. Secure fenced yard with cactus and greenery bordering the property which keep it private and safe. We've never had a break-in or things stolen which were left outside.
Location - within walking distance to two grocery stores, and about a mile and a half from downtown shops and galleries.
Amenities - gardens, ocean views, gas barbeque, full kitchen (including blender), penthouse with glass french doors & private terraza for the ultimate sunset viewing and happy hours.
The people here are very friendly and helpful. You will find a little spanish brings out big smiles and warmth so don't be shy in at least trying - no matter how bad it might come out, you'll be greeted with a sincere desire to help you.
Sunset watching available from several patios.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2014 - Nov 19 2014
7 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest|
|Property Damage Protection||$49.00|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.