Wilson House Rental Photos and Description
Private, secluded only 15 minutes to town. For house and cabin: 7BR, 5.5 baths
This is a great house in a magical location: perfect for hikers in the fall, skiers or snowshoes in the winter, and vacationers anytime of year. Ideal for family reunions, we have bedding for over 20 people, 3 laundry rooms, 5.5 bathrooms and plenty of entertainment space. There is a cozy cabin on the property which is available for extra privacy for an additional fee. It includes 2 of the 7 bedrooms.
We bought this home for our two families (and 5 young sons, ages 11 - 17) to enjoy all that the great outdoors have to offer. We moved to Jackson after college, returned to the East Coast to raise our families, and have been visiting Jackson every year since 1992.
For over 5 years we searched the area for the perfect vacation home: spacious (with at least 4 bedrooms, high ceilings), first class kitchen & amenities, a large garage, close to Jackson but not too close, bordering national forest with at least 5 acres and beautiful views. We scored! Our two families are excited, and we know you will be, too!
In 2012, we finished the decor of the house, cabin, and decks, completed the movie theater, study, and installed a new, larger fire pit. When you arrive, you will be greeted by a great house, our comprehensive house book and welcome package, and hopefully great weather. Most of that is on us. What you do with it is on you.
Our families look forward to having you stay.
Keywords: house, lodge, chalet, hunting retreat, manor, get away
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- limited accessibility
Both families live on the East Coast (Pennsylvania, Virginia). We have been friends and dated since college. We travel to Jackson every year to visit other friends.
At home, our boys keep us busy with sports. When we stay at the house, our kids love to play paintball, shoot BB guns, explore the woods, hike up the mountain behind us, fish on the Snake (2 miles away). In the evening, our kids play pool or retire to the basement theater (8 foot screen) to watch movies or play video games.
Beginning in 2005, we looked all over western Wyoming and Eastern Idaho for potential homes.
It became clear that we wanted proximity to Jackson, but also privacy. We also wanted immediate access to national forest. And since we were not going to live at the house during the year, we needed the house to be in great shape. We also wanted neighbors who shared the same values. And we are big family people. We love having extended family of over 20 people stay with us, and never feel cramped.
The community we found was perfect, so we asked our real estate agent to focus on houses in this community.
Some of the highlights:
* We are just south of downtown Wilson, and a 15 mile drive to Jackson. They call this area Wet Bank South;
* Wilson is very quaint (general store, hardware store, several restaurants (including Nora's, Calico's, Q Roadhouse, Stage Coach).
* We are 2 miles from the Snake River, great for fishing.
* We are on top of a plateau (elevation approximately 7,200 feet), so we have gorgeous views of the Jackson Hole valley and stunning views of the stars at night;
* We have our well for water (delicious);
* Cell phone reception is adequate and we offer free wifi, a land line and satellite television
* We border on 2 sides to Teton National Forest. We are on the edge of over 300,000 acres of public land;
* The land is teeming with animals of all species. We hear Elk bugling, have a family of Moose living in the back of our property, hear coyote and wolf, see signs of bear and mountain lion, and have several mule deer graze our property most mornings; We have three hummingbirds that greet us and are lucky enough to have several great gray owls perching in our trees sometimes - pretty cool!
* We have miles of numerous trails into the forest radiating from our house. We hike them in the summer and use them for for cross country skiing and snow shoes in the winter. Due West is a 45 minute hike, up a small mountain, that gives views of the whole valley and the magnificent Tetons.
* Our road is plowed all winter-long, and there are guard rails on the sides of the road. In fact the neighborhood plow is parked on our property at the top of the hill so we are plowed out first thing every morning.