|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
This is a great house in a magical location: perfect for hikers in the fall, skiers or snowshoes in the winter, and vacationers anytime of year. Ideal for family reunions, we have bedding for over 20 people, 3 laundry rooms, 5.5 bathrooms and plenty of entertainment space. There is a cozy cabin on the property which is available for extra privacy for an additional fee. It includes 2 of the 7 bedrooms.
We bought this home for our two families (and 5 young sons, ages 11 - 17) to enjoy all that the great outdoors have to offer. We moved to Jackson after college, returned to the East Coast to raise our families, and have been visiting Jackson every year since 1992.
For over 5 years we searched the area for the perfect vacation home: spacious (with at least 4 bedrooms, high ceilings), first class kitchen & amenities, a large garage, close to Jackson but not too close, bordering national forest with at least 5 acres and beautiful views. We scored! Our two families are excited, and we know you will be, too!
In 2012, we finished the decor of the house, cabin, and decks, completed the movie theater, study, and installed a new, larger fire pit. When you arrive, you will be greeted by a great house, our comprehensive house book and welcome package, and hopefully great weather. Most of that is on us. What you do with it is on you.
Our families look forward to having you stay.
Keywords: house, lodge, chalet, hunting retreat, manor, get away
Both families live on the East Coast (Pennsylvania, Virginia). We have been friends and dated since college. We travel to Jackson every year to visit other friends.
At home, our boys keep us busy with sports. When we stay at the house, our kids love to play paintball, shoot BB guns, explore the woods, hike up the mountain behind us, fish on the Snake (2 miles away). In the evening, our kids play pool or retire to the basement theater (8 foot screen) to watch movies or play video games.
Chelsea Anderson purchased this house in 2011
Beginning in 2005, we looked all over western Wyoming and Eastern Idaho for potential homes.
It became clear that we wanted proximity to Jackson, but also privacy. We also wanted immediate access to national forest. And since we were not going to live at the house during the year, we needed the house to be in great shape. We also wanted neighbors who shared the same values. And we are big family people. We love having extended family of over 20 people stay with us, and never feel cramped.
The community we found was perfect, so we asked our real estate agent to focus on houses in this community.
Some of the highlights:
* We are just south of downtown Wilson, and a 15 mile drive to Jackson. They call this area Wet Bank South;
* Wilson is very quaint (general store, hardware store, several restaurants (including Nora's, Calico's, Q Roadhouse, Stage Coach).
* We are 2 miles from the Snake River, great for fishing.
* We are on top of a plateau (elevation approximately 7,200 feet), so we have gorgeous views of the Jackson Hole valley and stunning views of the stars at night;
* We have our well for water (delicious);
* Cell phone reception is adequate and we offer free wifi, a land line and satellite television
* We border on 2 sides to Teton National Forest. We are on the edge of over 300,000 acres of public land;
* The land is teeming with animals of all species. We hear Elk bugling, have a family of Moose living in the back of our property, hear coyote and wolf, see signs of bear and mountain lion, and have several mule deer graze our property most mornings; We have three hummingbirds that greet us and are lucky enough to have several great gray owls perching in our trees sometimes - pretty cool!
* We have miles of numerous trails into the forest radiating from our house. We hike them in the summer and use them for for cross country skiing and snow shoes in the winter. Due West is a 45 minute hike, up a small mountain, that gives views of the whole valley and the magnificent Tetons.
* Our road is plowed all winter-long, and there are guard rails on the sides of the road. In fact the neighborhood plow is parked on our property at the top of the hill so we are plowed out first thing every morning.
To help us celebrate our upcoming 55th wedding anniversary our two sons, one daughter, their spouses and my wife and I stayed at Elk Ridge Resort for a week of touring, playing games, watching movies, spotting deer in the yard and visiting. The accommodations were excellent and the owner was great to work with - quick to respond to questions. The house has a modern kitchen, a "theater room" and is well kept. I highly recommend this property.
Our Ski Racing Academy has been staying in this beautiful house for over a week while racing in Snow King. I'm sure that the success of our Team was based on the fantastic housing set up we had. We watched the Olympics in the TV room and that was priceless. Everything was like as advertise and even better. The Owners are super nice and really accommodating and flexible. We come back for sure.
In October 2013 we had a wonderful family reunion, the house far exceeded our expectations, the views were great, the owl and moose family visited us everyday. There were great hikes right behind the house. Owner was awesome and great to work with. Loved it, can't wait to go back !!!
This property was the perfect setting for our 5-day get-away with a group of 17 adults. The house and the surrounding property are absolutely beautiful - incredible views, lots of wildlife, plenty of space to play (or just relax). Plenty of bedroom space, the kitchen was well-equipped to handle cooking for a group our size, nice big dining room table that almost fit everybody, a great yard for tossing the frisbee, easy access to downtown Jackson and Grand Teton N.P.
The owners are easy to get in touch with, and very helpful and hospitable.
We hope to come back again next year!
We leased this property in September of 2012 as a pre-hunt staging area where we could make last minute preparations and begin to acclimate to the altitude before our hunt began. There were ten guys in our group and we could not have picked a better place! There was plenty of room for everyone and their gear and easy access to hiking trails for those of us that wanted to get our lungs ready. We prepared most of our meals here and truly enjoyed the size and ease of use that the kitchen and grill presented. We also made day trips to Jackson and Yellowstone with no problem. This is a beautiful home in a perfect location. Even though we were a group of all guys I can definitely say that any of our wives would have been very happy here as well. The owners are very easy to work with and I would highly recommend leasing this property.
This place was the perfect spot to experience all there is to experience in Jackson Hole. Plenty of room for our big family and lots of fun things to do. The movie theater was a big hit and the sound was incredible. The kitchen was well equipped and nicely sized. The fire pit was used frequently to cook s’mores.
We brought horses to the property one day and it was awesome to be able to ride them right off and into the woods that surround this place.
We saw deer come right up to the property many times.
Using this place as 'basecamp', we enjoyed whitewater rafting, riding the tram at Teton Village, Bar J, Yellowstone, the rodeo, shopping, the Jackson Hole Shootout, and hiking around Jenny Lake. It truly was an awesome family reunion. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The kids loved being outdoors and being at this place certainly made that easy.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 2015 - Oct 2 2015
30 night minimum stay
Oct 3 2015 - Apr 30 2016
30 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
|Cleaning fee minimum||$400|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
Private cabin available for an additional fee. Please email for more information.
Please call us to arrange your vacation.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.