Do Not Recommend This Rental
The property is the cheapest in the area for a reason. Very poor quality. Before renting I would talk to Anchor Realty first to see if these issues were resolved. I will just list the issues we had.
- Debris was left in the garage (window screens, broken lumber, exposed nails/screws, old rolled up carpet); management was notified but was left unresolved.
- The garage was flooded throughout the week because of a broken air conditioner, though reported and viewed by property management, it was never fixed. We contained the flooding ourselves with towels and the old rolled up carpet that was left out.
- Garbage was found throughout the house (used water bottles, used paper towels, etc)
- The downstairs pull out couch cushions were shredded as if it were attacked by an animal. Dog perhaps?
- The radiators and vents downstairs were caked with dust
- There was a random hole in the ceiling downstairs that would leak. Source of leak unknown.
- Downstairs bathroom had patching on the wall, but was never painted over.
- Front yard outside shower had very little pressure.
- Outdoor patio screens were ripped or had large holes in them.
- All dining ware was dirty, we washed everything ourselves.
- Faulty lights in upstairs bathroom
- Shower window frame had wet rot. Spongey to the touch. (Source of the downstairs leak?)
I think that may be all. Again, I would call Anchor Reality Company. They apologized for the problems we had, but did nothing about them and did not offer any form of reimbursement.
Owner's Response: As the owner of this property, and several others in the neighborhood, I try to keep affordable housing in this lovely neighborhood that I have lived in for many years. I rely heavily on the feedback from my guests to know what's going on in these properties and what needs to be done. I found this review to be very helpful and have taken care of the items listed below. The garage has been cleaned out and the floor refinished. The broken AC unit, which was causing flooding in the garage, has been replaced with a new unit. The house is cleaned before each guest checks in. I do ask that if the house is not cleaned to a customer's satisfaction to let me know as soon as they arrive and I will send the cleaning company back over to clean the house to their satisfaction. I have not found the couch downstairs to be a problem. One side of the cushions shows more wear than the other side but I have not found it to be in the condition posted in this review. If need be, the couch can be renewed. When it comes to the maintenance of the property, patching holes, replacing parts etc., it can be difficult to take care of these items in such a short change over during our summer. We rely on the winter months to fix damage to the property that was done by guests that wasn't able to be taken care of during the summer months. I always welcome feedback from our guests to keep my properties affordable but in good condition. I have yet to replace the windows in the property. I hope to do that in early spring of 2015 which will make a huge improvement on the property. However, the window in the shower upstairs has been taken care of and replaced with a new window. Each year I do upgrades to my properties that are prioritized by my guests' reviews. Thank you for your comments and I hope you will return to see the changes and enjoy the upgrades that have been made.
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?