This magnificently spacious and private villa was restored with beauty and comfort in mind for every detail. The luxurious climate-controlled rooms inside these ancient stone walls are filled with sunshine, antiques and modern ease.
The villa is located in a medieval, wine-producing village in the midst of mountains, beaches, ski resorts, vineyard and chateaux. This setting is idyllic for year round activities. This region is imbued with the essence of its intriguing history. Fans of the DiVinci Code will find a short drive into the Pyrenees will lead to the legendary Rennes le Chateau.
This land reflects its diverse cultural influences, including those of the Greek and Roman. The enigmatic Knight's Templar and Cathar Heretics hid their secrets here among the Greek and Roman ruins. From Le Jardin Des Sens in Montpellier to crepe vendors in the street, every culinary desire is conveniently located a short drive from the villa. Myriad restaurants, bars, night clubs and cultural centers are found among the shopping districts of Montpellier, Beziers and Narbonne.
This charmingly restored 17th century villa retains its exposed beams and ancient stone walls surrounding the immense, romantic fireplace. Tiled and hardwood floors adorned with oriental rugs create an ideal setting, which provides uncompromised modern convenience.
• Large French doors open to a Mediterranean garden, large private pool and fully-equipped summer kitchen.
• The stone hearth warms the elegant sitting room where an easy leather sofa and comfortable chairs rest on the hand-made Oriental carpet. The flat screen TV, DVD, CD, VHS and surround sound systems entertain or provide background music for dinners at the grand formal table or cozy meals around a Provincial table situated in the middle of the American style kitchen.
• The library in the loft is ideal for reading, reflecting or sipping an after dinner cognac.
• Each roomy bedroom is uniquely enchanting, including the children's room where special lighting creates a magical dream world.
• The modern bathrooms invite indulgences from bubble baths to full-body shower massages.
Accessories provided are a crib, linens, child's car seat, stroller, swing, play mat and bath tub for infants. Two bikes are provided along with a full spectrum of travel guides available in the library. Guided tours, extra bikes, cooking and cleaning services and massages based upon availability for hire. A GPS is provided with deposit.
Activities and location:
15 minutes drive from diverse beaches, in village of 3000, Nissan Lez Enserune, is situated in the midst of vineyards, great Roman and Cathar ruins and flanked by mountains from the West and the North. Close to myriad tourists attractions, but not crowded with tourists, the house is 3 minutes walk to the center of the village where one finds all commerce, bars, restaurants and a street market 3 times each week.
Beziers, a city of significant historical interests and a train station is 10 minutes drive and Roman Narbonne is 20 minutes drive. Barcelona, Spain is less than 3 hours drive. Breathtaking countryside, friendly villagers, amazing inexpensive wine and fresh produce to enhance the best cuisine is a brief walk from this private villa close to it all.
Boating excursions on the canal de Midi, Ceramics, Cycling, Diving, Golf, Gourmet dining, Gym, Hiking, Horse riding, Photography, Pottery, Bike rentals, Scuba Diving, Sea excursions, Shopping, Sightseeing, Swimming, Table tennis, Walking, Water sports, Wine tasting, Wine touring, Yoga
Keywords: luxury, international, private, retreat, exclusive
Property is located in a wine producing village. 20 minutes to the Mediterranean Sea. Vineyards , wine tasting.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.