**Savings apply when booking within 7 days of arrival**
Just steps to the ocean! This custom European style home will make you feel like you are on the Mediterranean. Fantastic white water views of Monterey Bay, sailboats, sea life and the mountains beyond! This unique 1,850 square foot, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 deck home has all the feeling and comforts you could want from a luxury home. All of this and yet so close to the ocean, aquarium, cannery row and world famous restaurants.
This tile-roofed beauty is ideally located in an upscale neighborhood, steps to Monterey Bay, minutes from downtown Pacific Grove, Cannery Row, the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium and no more than 10 minutes to Monterey or 15 minutes to Carmel and Pebble Beach. At its doorstep is a popular walking and bike path along the bay's shoreline extending from Cannery Row to the jewel-like Lovers Point, past the famed succulent carpet of pink blooms, and around the point with its trademark lighthouse, and all the way to Spanish Bay and the world famous Pebble Beach.
From the moment you set foot on the property, you will feel that you have stepped into another world. A charming old wooden gate welcomes you through to a brick pathway lined with ferns and trumpet vines which lead you to the front door. You will enter a vaulted foyer with a magnificent turn of the century art nouveau stained glass chandelier, a hand carved Moroccan mirror and an intricately carved antique wood chest from India.
A hallway leads you from the entry to two bedrooms and a full bath. The first bedroom, with its garden view, has a king bed and a large walk-in closet. The second bedroom has an ocean view and a queen bed. Both bedrooms feature rustic wrought-iron chandeliers, Parisian shutters as headboards, luxury mattresses and linens, as well as Louis XVI style armchairs. The bathroom is tiled in terracotta and features a large step-down shower that can be partially filled for a shallow bath. The first floor also features a spacious laundry room with a front-loading washer and dryer.
When you climb the stairs from the entry way you will enter a spacious living room with elegant old world charm. Wood- beamed vaulted ceiling, a gas fireplace with massive carved and gilded wooden mirror over the mantle, a rich chocolate colored velvet couch, leather and tapestry side chairs, an antique library table and a leather-covered mahogany coffee table. The only touch to modernity is a large flat screen television. But if natural views are of more interest, the bay window looks out to the handsome neighboring homes, Monterey cypresses and the ocean beyond.
The master bedroom on the second floor has an air of opulence created by the wood beamed ceiling, bronze Moroccan chandelier, king size bed, large walk-in closet and a magnificent view of white water breaking against the rocks below. The large terracotta tiled bathroom with its walk-in shower, his-and-her sinks and a separate commode complete this luxurious suite.
This is a home where relaxation is a part of every room. Even the kitchen and dining room feature tranquilizing views of white-capped waves across Monterey Bay to the mountains in the far distance and encompassing an expanse of sky. Throw open any window and you can breathe in the fresh ocean air and take in the soothing sounds of lapping waves, chirping birds and the occasional barking of a bay seal.
The joy of cooking takes on new meaning in the fully-equipped, gleaming white ceramic-tiled open kitchen where you can watch the ever changing light and cloud show over the water and even catch sight of an occasional whale or a pod of dolphins. Cooks will delight in the carefully conceived layout which includes a four burner Wolf gas stove, side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. A long counter top divides the cooking and dining areas which allows the cook to serve hungry appetites without missing any of the fun and gorgeous ocean views.
In the adjacent dining area, a long wooden antique table seats up to eight beneath a European wrought-iron chandelier. Here, eating takes on a heightened dimension with the daylight views of passing fishing boats, gamboling seals and gulls gliding on the currents of sea air. As the light wains on the horizon, the hues constantly change and then fade away as the moonlight begins to sparkle over the water.
And after a serene, luxurious sleep you may rise to see the soft pastel lights of morning emerge as you loll about enjoying your morning coffee on either of the two spacious balconies off the dining area.
The home also includes a two car, non-attached garage and a driveway for 2 additional cars. There is ample on-street parking. In addition to the myriad of outstanding restaurants in the nearby communities of Pacific Grove, Monterey and Carmel, there is the convenience of neighborhood markets, farmer' markets and other amenities just minutes away.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $250 for 1-4 guests, $275 5-6 guests including infants and children $300 7 guests including infants and children.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on up to 6 guests, including infants and children. No more than 6 adults allowed.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a two story residence. There is a bedroom and bath available downstairs if difficulty climbing stairs, but main living areas (kitchen, dining, living room) and ocean views are upstairs.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval.
* Ask about Last-Minute Specials!! ...depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.