**Save $500 to $1000 per month when booking 30-60 days prior to arrival**
Retreat to a gentler, slower-paced era in this delightful tree-shrouded quintessential Carmel-by-the-Sea board-and-batten cottage. Evoking the spirit of the village of Carmel's original founding artist colony, this clean, airy two-bedroom cottage, located in a quiet neighborhood only blocks from the downtown, blends seashore-themed originality and whimsy with comfort and good taste.
Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d'oeuvres and a bottle of sparkling cider, passes from the famous Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey that recently underwent a $2 million renovation, Scheid Wine passes and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is at your disposal to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush spa bathrobes, slippers and over-sized towels, and beach gear.
Relax with a good book, and warm body and soul in front of a wood-burning brick fireplace in a cozy living room that features comfy furnishings, a vaulted ceiling with skylights, wooden floors topped with plush rugs and paned windows looking out to a fenced-in patio dotted with pots brimming with colorful flowers and native plants. Crisp beach tones of tan, white and robins-egg blue reminds you that the Pacific Ocean is just a stone's throw away and you most assuredly are on vacation.
Picture convivial meals with friends and loved ones around a rectangular French country oak table that can seat up to 10 in a dining area that overlooks the patio. Adjacent is a fully-equipped kitchen with granite counter tops, gas stove, dish washer, microwave and side-by-side refrigerator.
Take your morning coffee and croissant, put on your walking shoes and stroll into the village of Carmel to explore the myriad shops, galleries and world-class restaurants. If you're feeling ambitious, you can even continue all the way down Ocean Avenue to its ending at the pristine white beaches and sparkling azure waves that have enticed countless visitors from around the world to kick off their shoes and stroll along the water's edge. If you plan ahead, you can stop at Bruno's Market, a Carmel trademark, en route and pick up some wine, cheese, bread and fresh fruit for a casual picnic.
The larger master bedroom, with its plush warm carpeting and luxury-hotel-quality linens, features a white California king bed with Memory Foam topper that can be converted to two twins if desired. Colors are robin's-egg blue and sage green.
The second smaller bedroom has hardwood flooring topped with an area rug and a queen wicker bed. Additional sleeping arrangements are provided by a comfortable futon/chaise and a white deep sofa in the living room, offering total sleeping accommodations for up to five adults or four adults and two children. The bathroom, with its new granite counter top, is tiled throughout, including whimsical tiles of fish adorning the combination bath/shower.
Pets are welcome in this secure property, which is completely enclosed by a grape-stake fence. You can walk your dog in a charming vest-pocket park just around the corner. The paved driveway is long enough to accommodate a recreational vehicle; there is plenty of street parking as well. Evening cocktails can be enjoyed at a bistro table in the front patio. A grill is provided for outdoor cooking and entertaining. Outdoor access to washer and dryer.
A beautiful designers one-bedroom guest beach cottage behind the main house can also be rented to provide additional accommodations. (See HomeAway #375928 or VRBO #345625)
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
*1 month minimum rental requirement per city of Carmel. Winter and Spring may be rented for $3000-$3500 if staying 14- 21 days or less with an exclusive 30 day prorated contract.
*Rates are based on up to 4 guests (including infants & children). For 5-6 guests, add $200 per month.
* Non-refundable check out cleaning fee $350. Weekly cleaning available by request.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
*Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price. Must sign Pet Waiver and have Purchased Waiver Fee $75.
* Main and Guest Quarters may be rented separately or together. If rented together, separate contracts will be issued.
* Guest house, when rented with main house, is discounted to $2500; otherwise normal VRConnection rates apply. (See VRC#3264) and guest house cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent: non-refundable cleaning fee is $250. This includes a mid-stay cleaning.
* Rental rates for the main house by itself are based on up to 7 guests, including infants and children. Maximum occupancy for BOTH main house and guest cottage combined is 11, including infants and children. (In Main House, max of 6 adults and 1 child for total of 7; and Guest House max of 3 adults, and 1 child or 2 adults and 2 children for a total of 4).
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.