WELCOME TO KANODIA LODGE! Come and ENJOY our beautiful Big Bear cabin! Situated in a quiet Sugarloaf neighborhood in Big Bear City, 9 houses from the National Forest and incredible hiking trails, this 2 bedroom / 2 bath home is all you could hope for in a mountain vacation rental.
If this cabin is booked please visit our other cabins #419389 (one house off the lake at Metcalf Bay) or 619437 (walking distance to Snow Summit).
Large, open living spaces, abundant sunlight, warm colors and beautiful furnishings make this home the ideal place for a fun-filled, relaxing vacation in the Big Bear Valley. Gorgeous surroundings and views, wildlife and a quiet peaceful community make this cabin the perfect choice.
* FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: The kitchen is stocked with every amenity and can be used to serve up beautiful entertaining meals. Gas cook top, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, dishwasher, huge preparation counter with bar stools and more make this an ideal cook's paradise, ... or you can eat out in the many fabulous restaurants in the area! Huge skylight provides beautiful natural lighting.
* DINING ROOM: The formal dining area contains a beautiful table that expands to seat eight for those special meals with friends and family.
* GREAT ROOM: The spacious great room has a large, comfortable leather sofa and two incredible Lazy Boy recliners. Entertainment is provided by a brand new 32” High Definition LCD TV (cable included), DVD/VCR combo unit & iHome. A gorgeous rock fireplace with log mantle completes the warm, comfortable ambiance. Wireless high speed internet is available at no charge.
* COVERED FRONT PORCH: There is a large, rustic covered front porch, perfect for reading, enjoying a glass of wine, or just kicking back to enjoy the peace and quiet of the forest. There’s nothing like sitting on the covered front porch during a rain storm and enjoying the sounds of nature while staying warm and cozy!
* BACK PORCH: The back deck offers the perfect place to barbecue, watch the stars, eat breakfast, sit and read a book or enjoy your favorite beverage. You will be amazed by the quiet of the forest and the wind whispering through the trees. Stairs lead down from the back porch so you can take a walk and watch birds and squirrels playing.
* BEDROOM 1 / GUEST BEDROOM: The guest bedroom is equipped with a queen bed (down pillow top & comforter), night stands, a beautiful pine bunk bed and cabin style decorations. A dresser is located in the large mirrored closet. There is also a TV with cable, Nintendo and tons of games for the kids.
* GUEST BATHROOM: The guest bathroom is well appointed with a bathtub/shower combination, glass doors, pine cabinets and beautiful artwork.
* BEDROOM 2 / MASTER BEDROOM: The master bedroom is equipped with a queen bed (down pillow top & comforter), large dresser, night stands, reclining chair, artwork and large mirrored closet. The master bath is en suite and has a bathtub/shower combination with glass doors, pine cabinets and artwork.
* LAUNDRY AREA: A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience along with basic supplies.
* GARAGE: The one car garage is attached and accessible from the covered front porch. This is a HUGE convenience when it snows or rains. Ample driveway space is also available to park up to two additional vehicles.
* FUN FOR EVERYONE: While the children enjoy puzzles, music, movies and Lincoln Logs, sip your favorite beverage while playing retro-Nintendo or watching shooting stars from the back deck.
If you inquire about the cabin via email be sure to leave a voicemail also at 714-745-9112.
Keywords: Log cabin, cozy, private, family, clean, romantic, relaxing, bright, rustic, cabin, home, house, 2 bedroom, plasma HDTV, free wireless internet, big bear cabin, big bear cabin rental,big bear home rental, big bear house rental, big bear rental cabin, hiking, sledding
We're a family from Orange County, CA who fell in love with Big Bear and decided to buy this cabin. After sharing it with friends and family we converted it to a rental so others could enjoy all that Big Bear has to offer. We pride ourselves on offering a well maintained, clean, relaxing place for guests to unwind and reconnect with loved ones. Enjoy your time at Kanodia Lodge and where ever you wander in the Big Bear Valley. It truly is a special destination!
Laura Alvarado purchased this cabin in 2002
Big Bear is a magical destination. So close to everything yet a world away from the hustle & bustle of every day life. Spending time in the mountains is so rejuvenating. Crystal blue skies, crisp clean air & tons of outdoor activities make Big Bear the place to go!
Quiet, serene, private, first class, clean, all the comforts of home. The location of our cabin is perfect. Close to town but far enough away to enjoy pure peace only time in the mountains can offer. Guests often arrive, fall in love with the cabin and never leave during their vacation! The most incredible sledding hill is a 1 minute walk away, there's a park & skate park just down the street ... and even a general store for your basic shopping needs. If you're truly looking to get away from it all, you've found the perfect place!
Hello Laura! Thanks for a wonderful stay. We loved the bright, cheerful sunlight streaming in every day. You have a fantastic home in the woods. Next time we would like to visit during mountain biking season – great trails all around. Our favorite spot in town for lunch/dinner is Murrey’s Irish Tavern – outstanding food and extremely casual. Kids under 21 out by 8 pm – great spot!! Thanks Laura for a super cool holiday from the Miami clan.
We just returned from Big Bear and very much enjoyed our stay at Laura's Cabin. Laura was super speedy and efficient to reply to all our questions and we had a few since we traveled with two little kids. The cabin is more like a home than a rental property; which makes it such a perfect choice. I could not think of an item the house does not already have in stock, so we cooked up a storm and enjoyed the fire place. Location is ideal, the slopes and lake are pretty close and the area around the cabin are lovely. I would recommend the cabin to everybody and we will return for sure.
This property is amazing!!! Truly a home away from home. Not only is the cabin immaculate and fully stocked, but it is spacious and homey. We stayed with 4 adults and 4 small children 5 and under and there was plenty of room. Everything we needed was included. Laura is so kind and helpful and always responded promptly and with courtesy. It is close to the Snow Play area, ski slopes, hiking grocery store, lake, etc. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone looking for a quaint, clean cabin home. We will definitely make it an annual trip!
My wife and I decided to take our 3 year old son to the snow for the first time this Christmas and found this lovely cabin on VRBO. The owner Laura was so helpful, informative and responded promptly to all our inquiries. When we arrived the cabin was so clean(much to our OCD delight) and all of her instructions made our stay smooth and stress-free. We had a wonderful time BBQing our dinner, playing games by the fire, and reading bed time stories on the bunk beds! We can't wait to return next winter and we would reccomend to our friends and family! Thank you so much for the wonderful memories!
This was a lovely cabin. My Family, I and friends enjoyed ourselves very much here. It really brought that "Cabin wildlife experience" ! I definately will be coming back to another date here soon!
Thank You Laura
you were so generous and very prompt w/ every text or email!!!
Honestly, we couldn't have asked for a more lovely, clean, well-stocked home away from home in Big Bear. We ate almost every meal in and the kitchen had everything we needed. Sledding was a short walk up the street (she even had sleds for us to use in the garage) and building snowmen in the front yard was a highlight for my kids. Beds were comfortable, fireplace was warm & cozy, bathrooms were clean! Laura was an absolute dream to work with from coordinating dates to check-in/out and was prompt in returning the security deposit. We will most definitely be back!
THIS IS OUR 3RD YEAR GOING , I CAN'T BRAG ENOUGH ABOUT WONDERFUL PEACEFUL CLEAN AND RELAXING IT IS WE DONT' GO ANYWHERE ELSE EXCEPT FOR THIS CABIN , THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE BUT DOESNT COMPARE TO THIS ONE. WE LOOK FORWARD EVERY YEAR NOW TO COMING. YOU HAVE TO SEE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING IS THERE FOR YOU , LAURA IS SO SWEET AND WELCOMING I FEEL LIKE I'VE KNOWN HER FOREVER .
ITS GREAT FOR FAMILY THE KIDS HAD A LOT OF FUN . EVERYTHING IS SO ORGANIZED AND STRUCTURED I WOULDNT GO ANYWHERE ELSE WHEN GOING TO BIG BEAR . THANK YOU LAURA AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MANY MORE TO COME .
Big Bear is nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains and is defined by its rustic traditions, rich history, and pristine views. Host to two of Southern California's largest ski resorts, Big Bear provides four seasons of abundant recreational opportunities. Each month there are seasonal activities for the entire family. Be sure to check the local websites for updates throughout the year.
Whether you're looking for a romantic weekend away, a family vacation or a weekend filled with wilderness adventure, Kanodia Lodge is your Big Bear destination! Time truly slows down in the mountains and each season offers unique activities you can't find elsewhere. Once you visit Kanodia Lodge in Big Bear you'll be back again and again.
Big Bear Lake offers world-class snowboarding, skiing, hiking, biking, boating, fishing and entertainment for everyone. Please refer to links for information on activities for all seasons.