Mission Hills House Rental Photos and Description
House, 8 Bedrooms, 5 Baths, (Sleeps 16)
Have your family get together or work business retreat at our house. Our big house is located on top of a hill in the Mission Hills neighborhood of San Diego. We are a few blocks away from the Old Town State Park and Presidio State Park. We are less than 10 minutes by car to the downtown San Diego Gaslamp area, the USS Midway, Petco Park where the San Diego Padres baseball team plays, Balboa Park, Sea World, Qualcomm Stadium where the Chargers play, Mission Beach, Ocean Beach and Coronado Beach. We are about 15 minutes from Tijuana, Mexico. The San Diego trolley in Old Town State Park is within walking distance of our home.
Our house is over 3,600 square feet with a large backyard with a patio, lawn and children's playgound area with swings and sandbox.
We love to rent to families visiting the San Diego area who want to take advantage of our house's location to many of the major tourist attractions in San Diego with the convenience of getting together with their family at a house and not at a hotel. Our house and backyard are one of the biggest in the neighborhood however we do not allow large events such as weddings or receptions at the house. It is not fair to our nice neighbors.
We like to limit the maximum occupancy of our house to 12 adults and 6 children but children under 6 years old would not count toward the maximum occupancy of 16. Please call us if you would like to discuss our max occupancy limit.
The lay out of the house is as follows:
- Our living room area has twelve foot high arched ceilings with a fireplace, flat screen TV above it, leather sofa sectional.
- The dining room has a table that is big enough to seat 14.
- The kitchen has all major appliances including a dishwasher, Jenn Air wall oven, Jenn Air wall microwave, Jenn Air stove top with over 60 sq feet of corian countertop. Coffeemaker, toaster oven, toaster and blender provided.
- The master bedroom downstairs has a king size bed with its own bathroom, with a shower stall and small bath tub. There is a TV in this room.
- The second bedroom downstairs has a king size bed.
- The downstairs bedroom off of the living room has a bunk bed with a full mattress on the bottom and a twin mattress on the top. This room also has a desk area with two ethernet connections for your computer. There is wireless throughout the house also.
- These 2 bedrooms share a hallway bathroom that has a shower and a one person Jacuzzi tub. The downstairs has hardwood floors throughout.
- You will take our carpeted stairs up to the second floor where we have 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The second floor of the house is fully carpeted. There is a washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway.
- The master bedroom upstairs has a king size bed with its own bathroom, shower stall and 2 person Jacuzzi Spa Tub. It also has its own balcony and a 42 inch flat screen TV.
- The second bedroom upstairs has a queen bed and a TV. This bedroom shares a full bathroom with the 3rd bedroom that has a full size bed and a sliding glass door that leads to a balcony with slight views of the ocean.
- The 4th bedroom has a queen bed and you step down 4 steps to the 5th bedroom which has a king bed with a high vaulted ceiling. There is a 27 inch TV in this room. These two rooms share a full bathroom.
Besides the playground and swing set in our backyard for the kids we have bikes, scooters and soccer balls, footballs and baseballs for them to play with. The backyard is fully fenced. We also have beach chairs, umbrellas and coolers at the house that you can use if you are planning to go to the beach which is a few miles away.
Keywords: 8 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms family house located in a quiet San Diego neighborhood near the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, beaches, USS Midway, Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium and Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego. Close to La Jolla and Coronado. Legoland is 30 minutes up the road.
- children welcome
- smoking allowed
- pets considered
About Robert Bayer
We are a family of 6 that lived in this house for close to 10 years. We loved the house and the neighborhood, however, we had to move to another house in the San Diego area to take advantage of that area's special needs school for our daughter.
Robert Bayer purchased this house in 2000
Why Robert Bayer chose Mission Hills
The property is situated in one of the oldest neighborhoods in San Diego. We originally moved to this house because we enjoyed the convenience of the neighborhood being close to the downtown area. Balboa Park and the beaches. We loved the feel of the neighborhood and the unique Spanish, Craftsman and Contempory architecture.
What makes this house unique
We have kept the original hardware floors and kept the high arched living room ceiling. Being on top of a hill we continually feel the warm ocean beeezes so we do not need to use our central air conditioning very often. Our backyard area is bigger than most in this neighborhood so we landscaped it so there would be plenty of room for our kids to play and enjoy.