Granby Ranch and its ski area, SolVista are the best kept secrets in Colorado. 'Family friendly' is the theme and reality here. Nestled in a beautiful valley away from all traffic, you are centrally located between Winter Park and Grand Lake at the Sol Vista Ski Area.
Our location provides easy access to fantastic mountain activities. This Kicking Horse Lodge is truly in the middle of it all. This is an idyllic setting with every major mountain sport and outdoor activity available here or found nearby. Golf, mountain bike, hike, fish and raft in the summer - downhill and cross-country ski, tube, snowshoe and snowboard in the winter. You will be just steps from the Kicking Horse ski lift and the 'Home Again' ski run that takes you back to your condo. This is the perfect place for adults and kids to fully enjoy the great outdoors without the hassle of a large, crowded, impersonal ski area.
'The economical and fun way to escape for a weekend… or a week.'
This is the condo everyone says has the best view of all the Kicking Horse Lodges. Built just a few years ago, this lodge is maintained in beautiful condition. We've just added a new Sleep Number bed, comfy oversized wrap around couch with sleeper and an electric grill on the deck. Both ends of the lodge are walls of windows, so this is a very bright, warm and cheery environment with a relaxing gas fireplace to top off the cozy ambiance.
This lodge is a beauty and a bargain, offering:
• 2 private bedrooms plus a loft and 2 full baths – sleeps 6-8
• Southern sun exposure – tons of natural light
• “Sleep Number” queen bed in master bedroom and a jetted tub in adjoining master bath
• Twin beds in the 2nd floor bedroom, 1 sofa sleeper in loft, 1 full sleeper in the oversized sofa in living area - plenty of space for a large family or a vacation with friends
• Fully appointed kitchen and adjoining dining area offer all the comforts of home
• Efficient washer and dryer conveniently located in the condo
• Inviting hot tub – large, professionally maintained, in-ground – just a few steps from your door
• Enchanting gas fireplace with glass on three sides seperates the living and dining areas
• Comcast cable with two TVs - 42' big screen, high definition flat panel TV in living area and a second TV in upstairs (kids) bedroom
• WiFi - high-speed, secured, wireless internet in the condo
• Beautifully decorated, comfortable, quiet and filled with light
• Enjoy your coffee and the spectacular mountain views on the private deck/balcony
• Use the barbecue grill and balcony café table & chairs to cook and dine al fresco
Sol Vista is known for its family fun and friendly staff who can assist you at the beautiful base lodge where you can rent winter and summer sports equipment, drop in for a latte at the coffee bar, lunch in the cafeteria and enjoy a family dinner or drinks with friends at the highly rated Seven Trails Grille.
Granby Ranch also provides:
• Free Shuttles - take the free SolVista shuttle around Granby Ranch or catch the free Winter Park shuttle to ski the Winter Park resort and visit downtonw Winter Park.
• Golf & Fishing - just around the corner from the condo you will find Headwaters Golf Course for the golfer and miles of private fly-fishing for the fisherman or fisherwoman. Even a private fly fishing guide/instructor is available.
Grand Lake and Winter Park are each only 20 minutes away offering unique shopping and dining experiences. Rocky Mountain National Park is just outside of Grand Lake with unmatched 'moose' and wildlife watching. You can also head to one of the three big area lakes for boating and fishing for lake trout, browns and rainbows.
And Granby Ranch is only about 1.5 to 2 hours (100 mi.) from Denver with no tunnel traffic... it doesn't get much better than this!
Keywords: Two Bedroom, Condominium, Ski, Loft, Sleeps 8,
Our two sons learned to be excellant skiers, fisherman and outdoorsman who developed a love of the mountains thanks to our Kicking Horse Lodge. We purchased it when it was being built and have owned it for over 10 years. Since our sons are older now, we want to share it with other families who can enjoy it and the surrounding activies just as we have over the years.
The Owner purchased this condo in 2001
We live in the Denver area and this is the most convenient drive and location of any of the ski area mountain properties. It is just a 2 hour drive from our front door to the lodge and even on winter weekends, we miss most of the ski traffic because we exit I-70 at Empire bypassing the Eisenhower tunnel bottle-neck.
The Granby Ranch area really does have it all, but without the crowding and high costs of other more heavily advertized mountain areas.
Everything was absolutely perfect. Just wish we could have stayed longer!
This beautiful Condo is the perfect place for any summer or winter Colorado outdoor activity you may want - just 20 miles from Fraser / Winter Park, and 22 miles from Grand Lake. It has its own ski lift and sledding hill if you prefer to stay in Sol Vista. It is very family oriented with easy access in and out. The condo has all the comforts of home, is beautifully decorated, and is reasonable priced. Our family had a great time and will defiantly be back!