|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Our Caribbean Villa is an upgraded, two-story, two-lanai villa on the top two floors of the premier building on one of the premier beaches overlooking St. Johns, British Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, and Grass Cay. Your stay in our Caribbean Villa will truly capture the island spirit, trade winds, and beauty of the Caribbean. Our Villa has been personally decorated in a Caribbean-décor, and a list of the many features of our Villa and its location are noted below.
-Upgrade Two-Story Top-Floor Villa with two lanai.
-One of the two premier beaches on St. Thomas.
-Premier building on Sapphire Beach.
-Premier view of St. Johns, British Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Grass Cay, sailboats, charter boats, ferries, jet skis, parasailing, cruise ships, and more.
-30 feet from the Caribbean water.
-Close to gorgeous private pool on 'wedding' point with unparalleled view of St. Johns and British Virgin Islands.
-Upgraded décor in Caribbean ambience including lithographs such as from renowned local artist, Jonna White.
-Cathedral wood ceiling on second floor.
Excellent privacy yet open air to bring in the Caribbean Trade Winds. (However, AC with separate controls on both levels.)
-Close (less than 1 mile) to Red Hook for ferries, numerous restaurants, shopping, chartering, and boating.
• A Million dollar view that even the Ritz Carlton cannot compete with and both from main floor and master bedroom floor.
• The best trade winds, especially when it is hotter in the summer months, and typically one can sleep with sliding glass doors with fans on, windows in master bath open, and no mosquitoes and you hear the waves. (Note: if no wind, then close the doors and use the AC, because there can be bugs.)
• Best privacy because beach-walkers and sight-seers cannot look into you Villa.
• Rennovated Villa with multiple Caribbean decorations, pictures including art work from local well-known artist, Jonna White.
• All brand new sliding glass doors on both levels in 2011. (That is important, and be gentle).
• Caribbean décor
• Two stories
• Two lanais
• Two full baths
• Million dollar views from both lanais
• Cathedral ceiling on second floor with Caribbean Tiki-like beams. No cave-like experience.
• One of the most extensive bedding options of any Villa and for which suites cannot compete (see separate bedding section below.)
• Stocked dishes, plates, utensils for at least 6 people
• Small dinette table (but recommend eating on the lanais)
• Drink Mixer
• Hair dryer
• TV with DVD downstairs
• Move DVDs and games, which is always dependent on prior guests.
• Sony CD player
• TV upstairs
• Ceiling fan downstairs and upstairs
• Brand new 2012 Bassett couch with pull out double sleeper sofa.
• Brand new 2012 Bassett love seat with pull out twin sleeper sofa. (Note, both cannot be deployed at the same time.)
• Dress on main level for those sleeping on main level
• Brand new 2012 Hillsdale day bed upstairs with pull out separate trundle bed. This is in addition to King size bed.
• Beach toys, but please note, although this is well stocked each year, this depends on the courtesy of our prior guests returning the beach toys.
• Lanai furniture.
• Main level
o Two wicker chairs on lower lanai with dining table and four chairs by Built-to-Last from North Carolina, which are brand new in January 2013.
• Masterbedroom level
o Two lounge sunning chairs, but please do not take to the beach.
o Two new Dolphin Watch Chairs by Built-to-Last from North Carolina, which are brand new in January 2013.
• King bed upstairs
• Hillsdale day bed with extra thick mattress (very comfortable) with pull out separate trundle bed, which also has xtra thick mattress.
• Two small mattress behind the trundle bed for children
• Two self inflating electric air mattress in King bed foot locker (one twin and one double. Can also be used on the pull out sleeper sofas down stairs.
• Brand new 2012 Bassett couch with pull out double sleeper sofa on main level.
• Brand new 2012 Bassett love seat with pull out twin sleeper sofa (both cannot be deployed at the same time).
Keywords: Caribbean Villa
I am Douglas Van Nostrand, the owner of Villa E303, and I purchased my Villa in 2005. I have been a physician for 35 years, and I am presently the Director of the Division of Nuclear Medicine at Washington Hospital Center, Program Director of the Nuclear Medicine Residency Program, and Professor of Medicine at Georgetown University Hospital Center. I have been active in patient care, education, and research of thyroid cancer publishing over several hundred abstracts, articles, and chapters and have authored, edited, and published 8 books. I presently live on the Magothy River of the Chesapeake Bay in Pasadena, Maryland and vacation in Sapphire Beach, St. Thomas.
The Owner purchased this condo in 2005
How did we chose my vacation Villa in this location? My wife and I have traveled throughout the Caribbean to many of the islands for 20+ years, and while traveling, we have been looking for the perfect location for our vacation villa. This was the island. This was the resort. This was the beach, and this was the Villa. St. Thomas is one of the easiest islands to travel to, and it is a United States territory with U.S. laws and justice. It is indeed one of the most beautiful islands with all the beauty of the Caribbean while also having one of the best duty free shopping areas as well as all the benefits and amenities of home such as K-Mart and Home Depot. It also has medical care in Red Hook as well as the Roy Schneider Hospital in Charlotte Amalie. It is also one of the friendliest islands, and absolutely the best 'stepping-off' point for visiting many other islands including St. Johns, St. Croix, Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and many more. Finally, St. Thomas has wonderful weather and warm water throughout the year, which is far superior to Florida, which may sometimes have cold days in winter and very sultry hot days in summer. Sapphire Beach is, in our opinion, the best beach on the island exceeding Magens Bay, and it is indeed THE best beach on the island where you can stay and be only 20 feet away from the Caribbean Sea with great swimming, snorkeling, and views of St. Johns, Tortola, and Jost Van Dyke. In regard to our Villa, we selected E Building because of the most magnificent views, the wonderful trade winds, and the privacy. It cannot be beaten any where--including the Ritz. Finally, because all the Villas and Suites are individually owned, it is also a very friendly resort. We now have here many many friends, who are not just owners but also guests who come back year after year at the same time. It is wonderful. This has truly been an unexpected benefit.
Some of the unique benefits we enjoy at Sapphire Beach include:
- being just 20ft from the water. We don't have to walk far to the sandy beach and water
- we have some of the best snorkeling in St. Thomas right at Sapphire
- the Marina is just a few steps away from our villa if we want to go on snorkeling/diving excursions to the BVI's or St Johns
- the waterfront pool is just steps away where we can swim and relax on the deck sunning and enjoying the tropical breezes
- dive shop on the premises for all our snorkeling needs
would like to thank our recent guests from Italy for their review. Heretofore, I have not responded to reviews and allowed them to speak for themselves, but I plan to respond to more reviews in the future.
I have visited Italy many timmes, and for me it is one of the prettiest countries that we have visted, and we have visited many countries. However, I am honored that a family from Italy came to St. Thomas, Sapphire Beach and our Villa. St. Thomas, Sapphire Beach, and our Villa are truly beautiful with the Caribbean greenery on most of the island, palm trees, cystral blue green water, white sands, wonderful trade winds, many activities for everyone as well as peace and quit with literally a million dollar view of St. Johns and British Tortola. So, for our European cousins, I recommend exploring the United States Virgin Islands. Thanks for staying with us, and I hope you join over 50% of our other guest, who repeat guests.
Snorkeling excursions, day sail excusions, sunset sailboat cruises, dive trips, excursions to British Tortola and Virgin Gorda, jet ski rentals, sport fishing charters in marina immediately adjacent to Building E.
Must see and do: (1) See and shop Charlottee Amalie
(2) See and shop Red Hook, (3) See Mountain Top, (4) take ferry (foot or car ferry) to St. John Virgin Island, and (5) see owner's guest packet of many more things to see, do, and don't do.
Please note: Other than Banana Cabana for breakfast or lunch between Building B and C, no restaurants are located on Sapphire Beach. However, there is a restuarant on adjacent property with extensive restaurants in Redhook, which is 0.7 miles away.
Grapevine Restaurant in Sapphire Village ~2 minute walk. (At the time of this writing, Grapevine Restaurant will deliver pizza and full menu to condo unit).
At check in, recommend checking for present free shuttles to various restaurants, which varies from month to month and year to year.
Too numerous to count restaurants in Red Hook (approximately 0.75 miles away) from Sapphire Beach Resort.) (Taxi’s almost always available at Sapphire Beach Lobby with inexpensive
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 20 2014 - Apr 11 2015
4 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
The rates listed are my so-called "Rack-rates" for a 4 night stay. However, please contact me by e-mail or call for potentially significant discounts throughout the year. I can offer discounts for stays of 5 days or longer, specific weeks that are less likely to book (e.g. non festival weeks), for reduced number of guests (i.e. 2 or 3 guests), and last minute cancellations. Contact me.
Contact me, Van, for full information regarding payment. My deposit is 25% of total reservation due on booking your reservation, but this is fully refundable up to 45 days prior to arrival. The balance is due 45 days prior to arrival. Ask for my 21+ page packet that gives further information and has been developed by my prior guests and me.
I do not require a damage protection deposit.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.