Healdsburg House Rental Photos and Description
House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 2-6)
You could be in Tuscany atop this private 10 acre, modern sanctuary, but you are nestled in the heart of Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County, 20 minutes from the town square of Healdsburg, 1 1/2 hours from San Francisco.
Arriving at the property, you drive up the hill and take in the striking architecture not visible from the road. The slot window in the front door only hints at the dramatic interior – rich materials, color and art. Inside you'll find the breathtaking, all encompassing views from every space – vineyards that wrap the hills, mountains in the distance, hawks that hover in the updrafts of the valley below. No need to go to Italy for this experience.
Designed by San Francisco architect Jonathan Pearlman, the design offers a “warm modern” ambiance. Specifically framed views of the vineyards, mountains and natural landscape expand the indoor/outdoor living experience. This home is well appointed for your extended visit.
- Floor-to-ceiling glass windows and walls, with retractable panels to extend indoor/outdoor living between the living, dinning and kitchen spaces
- Fully equipped kitchen, including all integrated Miele appliances
- Main House - 1st floor guest bedroom w/ queen bed & bath w/ shower; 2nd floor master bedroom w/ king bed & bath w/ separate shower and Japanese soaking tub
- Pool House - A pool house offers a private bedroom suite w/ queen bed & bath w/ shower, overlooking the pool
- 46” HDTV, with DirecTV; DVD Bluray player; Bose surround system (indoors/outdoors) w/ IPod docking station
- Modern lighting and plumbing fixtures, and hardware
- Exquisite Finishes: slate, concrete, Calacotta marble, Italian ceramic and glass tiles, warm woods and steel create interesting textural combinations
- Modern Art Collection: abstract pieces that will inspire you
- 10’ X 48’ salt-water, heated black-bottom, glass-tiled pool/spa; outdoor shower (in-season heating included: usually May 15 - October 15; off-season heating usually October 16 - May 14 is optional w/ daily surcharge; actual weather dictates the season)
- Extensive patios surround the pool/spa and a 2nd story deck with floating, clear-glass panels overlook the vineyards - perfect for morning coffee or evening cocktails
If you can pull yourself away from the sanctuary of our hilltop, the town square of Healdsburg is filled with great restaurants, art galleries, shopping and entertainment. 80 wineries reside within the Dry Creek Valley, with additional wineries nearby in either the Alexander Valley or Russian River Valley. When you find your favorite libation(s), purchase and return home to settle in. And if you’re here in the Fall, don’t miss Tamara, the tomato lady, and her stand on Westside Road; her choice varietals will please the pallet too!
Our home is a wonderful retreat, best suited for sharing among individual friends and/or couples.
Keywords: modern, contemporary, Healdsburg, Hotel Healdsburg, Sonoma, wine country, H2 Hotel
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
One Sunday afternoon, my partner and I were at the West Portal movie theater in San Francisco and I was pouring through the “Real Estate Times” rag during previews when I saw a picture of THAT view; I said to Jonathan that if the “real view” was anything like the picture, that’s a sweet property.
The next weekend, I visited friends in Sonoma County and I drove up to the property just in time for the sunrise; it was a quiet, tearful moment, one that I will never forget. The very next day, I asked Jonathan to return with me, and 2 months later, we owned the property! This was November 2002.
As an architect (Jonathan) and designer (Alan), our design process took a few years to settle upon a “final” master plan. I believe we nabbed the last construction loan available at the time, and embarked on our build-out in September '09, completing our home in September '10. I also lead the endeavor as the owner/general contractor.
We have been very clear from the onset of pursuing the project, specifically, that we create a sanctuary for whomever we had the pleasure to share our home with. It is with a heartfelt invitation that we hope you have an experience, privately or collectively, that nurtures and sustains your spirit; welcome.
Alan & Jonathan
Location, Location, Location!!!
Whether you find yourself on the town square, or within the surrounding landscapes of our region, you will feel inspired. Healdsburg is an intimate community, whose warmth is expressed through it's citizens and the fine resturants, art galleries, coffee shops, galleries, one-of-a-kind shops and of course, wineries.
As for our specific property, the privacy and views are unparalled. During the day, indoor/oudoor living will connect you to nature, and nurture your spirit; night time will deliver an intimate close-up of the stars, moon and planets.