Great local resource for events, parking, restaurants, shopping,
Beaches in front yard and along NH coastline
Isles of Shoals – You can see these islands through front windows! Isles of Shoals Steamship Authority run harbor tours.
Odiorne Point State Park and Seacoast Science Center - (570 Ocean Boulevard, Rye)
Strawberry Banke - Come explore four centuries of American history through the eyes of the people who lived in one of New Hampshire's oldest waterfront neighborhoods.
- Prescott Park Arts Festival celebrates its 38th anniversary of presenting music, art, theater and dance on the banks of the Piscataqua River.
Smuttynose Brewing Company – (225 Heritage Ave, Portsmouth) Tours and Tastings.
Throwback Breweries – (121 Lafayette Road, Unit 3, North Hampton) Throwback handcrafts farm fresh, artisanal beer from local ingredients.
Sea Haag Rum Distillery – (135 Lafayette Road, Unit 9 North Hampton)
PLACES TO EAT
• Rye General Store – Take out or counter seats.
• Serenity Café - breakfast sandwiches and wraps. (Rye Circle which you will hit north on 1A.)
• The Friendly Toast – (113 Congress Street, Portsmouth.) For a more expansive sit- down breakfast.
• The Golden Egg – (960 Sagamore Avenue, Portsmouth.
Lunch and Dinner
• For sandwiches to-go: Serenity Cafe and Joe's Meat Shoppe in North Hampton (229 Atlantic Avenue, North Hampton)
• Petey's (on beach road) - Casual Seafood.
• The Carriage House – (1A/Ocean Blvd.) Make a reservation in the Summer time.
• Go north, into Portsmouth for many options. Visit the outdoor decks at Ferry Landing, Riverhouse and Martingale Wharf, etc.
• Visit The Portsmouth Brewery on Market Street.
• You will find there are lots of fine dining, boutiques, coffee shops and galleries in downtown Portsmouth.
• The Beach Plum – (17 Ocean Blvd./Route 1A.) Picnic tables and good to-go food.
• Joe's Meat Shoppe – (229 Atlantic Avenue, N Hampton.)
• Seaport Fish - Rye.
• Saunders Fish Market – Portsmouth.
Bakery, Wine and Cheese
• Ceres Street Bakery - (Downtown Portsmouth) cash only .
• South Street & Vine – (South end of Portsmouth). Great value wines.
• NH State Liquor Store – (next door in same plaza to Ronaldo’s).
• Rite Aid – (72 Lafayette Road, North Hampton) across the street from Ronaldo’s.