|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
One block from the Historic Sonoma Plaza this charming furnished two-bedroom, 2-bath cottage with all the modern conveniences is the perfect location to enjoy the best of Sonoma and wine country. Walking distance to Zagat rated restaurants, exquisite wine tasting, galleries, music, festivals and more. There is also a full kitchen including a washer/dryer as well as outdoor entertaining area. Anytime of year is the best time to visit Sonoma--don't miss the opportunity to stay in wine country's best kept secret! Short term and long term availability.
Keywords: Casa Chiquita, Casa, Sonoma, Plaza, Sonoma Plaza, Wine Tasting, Sonoma Square, Wine Country, Sonoma Valley,
We had never been to Sonoma but I knew I wanted to stay close to the plaza. I was so completely PLEASED with our stay at Casa Chiquita Cottage. The place was decorated very cute and the location is unbelievable! It is less than a block from the plaza and the best restaurants in town (The Girl and the Fig and El Dorado Kitchen). We also really enjoyed sitting on the front porch after our winery visits and before we went out for the evening.
There are two bedrooms in the cottage both with an private bathroom. One has an authentic claw foot bath tub and the other with a shower. The cabinets are fully loaded with all the supplies and dishes you would need.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Cottage and would come back again!
I have stayed at Casa Chiquita at least 5 times. I love it! I love the convenience to the square, beautiful roses, exquisite interior design, and the gracious host. It is rare to find a place where you feel right at home and pampered at the same time. I love to kick off my shoes and settle in for a lovely retreat.
My wife and I had an absolutely wonderful vacation at this beautiful cottage. The cottage is tastefully decorated and has everything we needed for our two week stay. Its proximity to the village square allowed us to walk to the restaurants, movie theatre, shops and tasting rooms . The owner was very helpful with information regarding the Sonoma Valley. The cottage has a fully equipped kitchen with all the modern conveniences. The bedrooms are cozy and comfortable. We plan on making this a regular Christmas visit.
My elderly parents rented this house for a month and a half....one problem after another...owner not attentive...hard to contact...never responded to problems...there was a heat wave in June 2013 that was unbearable and she had forgotten to turn on an outside switch for the air conditioner...never came around to check...promised a partial refund...never paid a refund...totally ignored us...needs major cleaning...mold on ceilings...dirty carpets...brought our own dishes and kitchen utensils...not safe for elderly people...no outside railing up and down stairs...outdated old stove unsafe and HOT at all times. I would not recommend staying here at all!
I've stayed at Casa Chiquita several timees over the last couple of years. I own my a home in Sonoma which is also a vacation rental and whenever i am unable to stay at my home i stay at Casa Chiquita. It is very quanit, comfortable and clean. It is perfect for two couples or a girls weekend. The proximity to the Sonoma Plaza is fantastic, you can walk to everything. Sally has always been accomodating and great to work with. I would highly recommend Casa Chiquita for your next visit to Sonoma!
On arrival the property had:
• Dirty dishes in the dishwasher, including silverware with dried dog food stuck to the utensils.
• Dry dog food in the silverware drawers.
• Wet, sour blankets in the washer/dryer which were never replaced.
• The burners on the stove did not work on the left side of the stove. The left side oven of the antique stove (the broiler) did not operate at all. (VRBO ad says: “There is also a full kitchen including a washer/dryer as well as outdoor entertaining area”). There was a stained/filthy broiler/grill pan in the oven.
• There were no mattress pads or blankets on the beds .The beds had stained bed covers, one spread was stained with we believe with human excretion. Old, stained pillows.
• Chair cushions and carpet in the living area with dog hair and dander.
• A leaking kitchen sink.
• A bathroom with urine behind the toilet.
• There were no cookware, including casserole/baking pans, pots and pans with lids, mixing bowls, strainer. No serving pieces and dishes, including a salad bowl. No cooking utensils, such as a whisk, wooden spoon, spatula, measuring cups, or tongs. Mismatched, glassware and place settings.
• No cleaning equipment, including kitchen towels, broom/dust pan, mop, ironing board with iron, or laundry basket, no available/empty waste and recycling cans, and the vacuum that was present was full of lint/fluff.
• Stains on the chair cushions in the dining area, and on the rug.
• The outdoor entertaining areas is a narrow gravel area between the building and a fence partially filled with two recycle bins. The BBQ was filthy, there are NO utensils in the Cottage to clean the BBQ or cook on the BBQ (VRBO ad says: “There is also a full kitchen including a washer/dryer as well as outdoor entertaining area”). The outdoor chairs are rotted. The area is totally unusable and totally misrepresented.
• The bathrooms on-suite have no doors -only curtains for privacy and are surely overstated as en-suite when they are simply bathrooms with either a shower or a tub and a curtain door.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 1 - Oct 31
4th of July Weekend
Jul 3 2014 - Jul 6 2014
Labor Day weekend
Aug 29 2014 - Sep 1 2014
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.