|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
Please note that there is a four day minimum stay and we generally prefer longer stays.
- large (~1,100sqft / 110sqm) 2 bedroom garden apartment in a luxury historic rehabbed Back Bay building
- luxury finishings including hardwood throughout, a granite/stainless kitchen and a granite/marble bathroom.
- garden level unit (partially below street level - see pictures)
- professionally cleaned between guests
- sorry, parking is not included
BATHROOM / BATH LINENS
- combo bath/shower with a high pressure rainfall shower head
- linen closet has at least 4 towels, 4 hand towels, 4 facecloths
- quality hairdryer
- shower has fancy shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion
- sink has liquid hand soap
- ample supply of toilet paper
- I try to provide some emergency supplies such as a travel toothbrush or razor in case you forget yours, though please don’t depend on this
BEDROOM / BED LINENS
- Main bedroom has a queen bed with a base, boxspring and high-end dual-pillow top mattress. There is also an optional queen size memory foam topper for those looking for extra plush.
- 2nd bedroom has a full/double size quality raised memory foam mattress.
- There is also the option of double-thick full size blow-up air mattress for additional paid guests
- 2 sets of queen sheets and 2 sets of full sheets
- front loading extra large washing machine
- front loading extra large dryer
- fold-down ironing board and an iron.
- high efficiency (HE) laundry detergent is provided
- Major appliances (all stainless steel): Stove/Oven combo, Microwave, Dishwasher, Fridge/Freeze/Ice Maker Combo
- Minor appliances and tools: 2-slice toaster, tea kettle, basic 12-cup coffee maker
- Prep knives, cooking utensils, pots, pans and food storage
- Enough large plates, small knives, bowls, water glasses, mugs, forks knives and spoons for at least 4 people though there are up to 8 of many of the items.
- Ample supply of paper towels
- Ample supply of various bagged teas and sweeteners
- Wide variety of dried spices for cooking
- Variety of “shared” condiments in the fridge, though they change regularly.
- dishwasher detergent, dish soap and hand soap are provided
Please be gentle with the appliances, they are mostly new.
- 50” 1080i Plasma TV with HD cable (including HBO, Digital Package and Sports Package) and Chromecast
- Sectional couch
- Cordless and hardline phone with unlimited free calls to the USA, unlimited incoming calls and limited free calls outside the USA.
- LCD computer monitor (VGA), USB Keyboard and USB Mouse to plug your laptop into
- Free high speed internet including plug in and wifi
- easy access to 24/7 trash room
The Back Bay is one of the two best known 'high-end' neighborhoods in Boston. Just writing that sounds pretentious, but it is otherwise hard to get across a feel for it. The place is a few blocks from Newbury St which is known for its boutiques and its cross street is Marlborough which has really pretty gas lamps and brownstones buildings for its length.
It's about a 5 minutes walk to the Hynes Convention Center T stop on the green line, a 2 minute walk to the #1 Bus line and a 5 minute walk to Kenmore Station with more buses. Though it is a reasonable walk to much you may want to do in Boston.
Commercial Real Estate & Tech professional in his late 30's with a wife and young daughter. Grew up in Massachusetts, undergrad at Cornell and MBA at MIT Sloan. Currently live in Boston and Providence, RI.
David Harelick purchased this condo in 1999
The Barnes Mansion #1 is one of the largest and best finished short-term rentals in Boston. It is in a professionally managed building with all the comforts of home.
Historic Back Bay building with a preserved historic exterior and certain interior features while being gut rehabbed into a truly modern interior.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 2014 - Dec 21 2014
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
The Barnes Mansion is a gut renovated historic building in the Back Bay. It is on the Garden Level, i.e., about 4 feet above the floor of the unit. The unit gets lots of sun though its 7 windows.
HOUSE RULES: NO SMOKING! NO PETS!
Note that we prefer payments via HomeAway/VBRO's payment system. However, if you need to pay by Amex, we can make an accommodation.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: