Silver Spring House Rental Photos and Description
Just Bring Clothes To Stay Comfortably In This Fully-Equipped Home
Come for work, study and/or to be a tourist at this conveniently located home. This is a fully furnished home near the Washington DC border with Maryland. Downtown Silver Spring, Takoma Park and two Redline Metro stations are one-mile away. This home has two levels featuring a suite on the lower level with a separate entrance, full bath and kitchenette. Both levels are fully furnished, including equipped kitchens, linens and robust wifi. The street is family oriented and quiet but it has the conveniences of an urban location.
This home is perfect for short- and long-term stays. The space and location is well suited for Internships, fellowships, professional assignments, training, office retreats, sabbaticals and family vacations.
• 3 private bedrooms and all linens
• each bedroom sleeps 2 people--5 beds
• each room also includes a closet, bureau and desk
• central A/C throughout; gas forced-air heat and cooking
• free wifi with a VERY STRONG connection
• washer/dryer, iron/ironing board, hair dryer
• main level features: kitchen, dining/living room with fireplace and hardwood floors, 2 bedrooms, full bath
• main kitchen is fully equipped including dishwasher, coffee pot, microwave, rice-cooker, quality cookware and more
• lower level features: 500sf-3rd bedroom with separate entrance, full bath and equipped kitchenette
• off-street parking for 2 cars
• covered front and back porches and large yard with gas grill
• half block to bus stop
• 1-mile to Takoma (DC) or Silver Spring (Maryland) Metro stations on the Redline
• thorough cleaning and linen laundering prior to your arrival
• half block to bus stop
• within a mile to downtown Silver Spring attractions (restaurants, shops, theatres, markets, cultural events)
• free parking
• ask about free loaner bikes
• free metro shuttle with your luggage.
The house is convenient to Washington, DC business center, Capitol Hill and tourist attractions. It is walking distance to stores, restaurants and a lively entertainment district (including the AFI Silver Theatre and The Filmore live music venue) in downtown Silver Spring and the eclectic shops of Takoma Park--all are within or near one mile away. There are also beautiful hiking/biking trails along Sligo Creek nearby.
For business travelers, a list below includes a few of the many organizations within walking distance or a short bus ride of the house. It is also a short metro ride to organizations in DC.
American Film Institute Silver Theatre (location of AIRP course)
American Nurses Association
NOAA—National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Social and Scientific Systems
The Fillmore Silver Spring
Three-month, six-month and 1-year terms are available at a lower monthly rate. Please inquire.
Please note: each level is also offered separately. Contact us for more information and/or to confirm availability.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
We have a home-based creative services business and 2 young-adult children. Our son is in college and our daughter is works in television and film.
We have lived in the dc metro area for 30 years. Before moving to silver spring we lived in various neighborhoods around the city. We consider ourselves progressive urbanites and enjoy dc and all it has to offer. Ask us for recreational, cultural and entertainment activities. We live next door to this listing and are available to help our guests with any needs that arise.
We enjoy sailing, hiking, skiing and biking. We often have extra bikes around for our guests to borrow.
We're avid travelers and enjoy insights on other cultures and sharing travel adventures. In addition to traveling throughout the us, in recent years we've been to Europe and central and south America.
We hope you find our profile information and reviews helpful. Now it's your turn! We have enjoyed the acquaintances we've made through hosting travelers in our rental property. Please give us the courtesy of sharing profile information about yourself and any adults traveling with you before booking.
This home is convenient for a variety of travel purposes with friends, colleagues or family. We've hosted students from japan with internships around the dc area; medical residents from the U.S. and abroad; a board retreat for an international non-profit.
The home has 1800 sq ft with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. All bedrooms can sleep 1 or 2 and have desks, bureaus and large closets. The 3rd bedroom or lower-level suite is a large, 500sf private space with separate entrance, full bath and kitchenette. It is furnished with 2 twin beds and 2 large desks.
Everything needed for work and fun is easily accessible and the home is quite comfortable and manageable. It is uniquely situated near DC, the U.S. capital. Just steps away are lively entertainment options and a tranquil, meandering walk/jog/bike trails.