Palenville Cottage Rental Photos and Description
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath (Sleeps 2)
Affordable and adorable, Green Cottage is a cozy vintage cottage located in Palenville, Greene County, New York - the heart of the Northern Catskills.
Cottage Amenities include:
- 800 sq. ft.
- 1.6 semi-secluded acres
- One bedroom with one queen bed
- Central Air Conditioning
- Wood burning stove insert in livingroom fireplace
- Full bath with extra long tub
- Large deck overlooking secluded backyard
- Covered entry and porch
- HiDef TV
- Cable with DVR
- DVD player
- Washer & Dryer
- Well-appointed galley kitchen
- Propane grill
- All linens and towels provided
- NOTE: There is no dishwasher.
Studio Amenities include:
- 120 sq ft outbuilding
- Mid-century getaway with daybed, desk, heat & WiFi
Vintage Travel Trailer
- ALSO, check out the photos to see our most recent addition: a 1953 West-Wood Vintage Travel Trailer, complete with bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. Use as an additional Guest House or a private getaway. Note: Available April through October, only.
Palenville offers easy access to the best of Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. Only 10-15 minutes from Catskill, Saugerties and Hunter; 20 minutes to Woodstock, KIngston & Hudson, Green Cottage will let you be in the woods without total seclusion. Enjoy the authentic country charm of Palenville, a small hamlet at the base of Kaaterskill Clove, with some of the best waterfalls and hiking trails found anywhere in the Catskills.
Green Cottage, an authentic mountain cottage built in 1930, is tastefully decorated in a mid-century, rustic style. It is a step back in time to simple summers and cozy winters, yet offers the technology conveniences we can't do without it. Plus, there's an extra bonus... even though Green Cottage has only one-bedroom, you'll love the fantastic 120 sq. ft. studio with desk, daybed, WiFi and faux wood stove for warmth and funky ambiance. Enjoy a little alone time while your partner practices the saxophone, meditates, or studies - whatever your pleasure.
- All Sundays are billed at the weekend rate.
- All Holidays weekends are at slightly higher rate.
- Holiday weekends are a three night minimum.
- Week-long blocks only (4 nights or 6 nights, depending on calendar) during JULY & AUGUST.
- PET FEE.
ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO CATS? - When not rented my husband and I stay at Green Cottage with our cat, Otis. If you are allergic to cats we will sadly be unable to accommodate you.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets considered
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Gail Dedrick
I am a nice person who works in New York City pushing pixels for a big law firm. My husband is a teacher of guitar, bass and keyboards. We hope you enjoy Green Cottage as much as we do.
Gail Dedrick purchased this cottage in 2004
Why Gail Dedrick chose Palenville
Green Cottage is a vintage, one-bedroom cottage plus studio outbuilding on 1.6 semi-secluded acres, in centrally located Palenville, Greene County -- the perfect getaway for one or two. Palenville, a quaint hamlet at the base of Kaaterskill Clove, offers easy access to the best of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. Fifteen minutes from Saugerties, Woodstock, Hunter and Hudson.
What makes this cottage unique
Semi-secluded on 1.6 acres it offers woodland views and a sense of privacy, yet is only minutes from the best of the Catskills and Hudson Valley including Woodstock, Catskill, Saugerties, Hunter and Hudson.