Acadia National Park Farmhouse Rental Photos and Description
4 Br Farmhouse On 29 Acres Of Mountain View, 2 Baths (Sleeps 8)
- 1 Bedroom with a California King size bed
- 1 Bedroom with a Queen bed
- 1 Bedroom with a Double bed
- 1 full Bathroom
- Fully finished/ furnished Sunroom with a twin bed
- Living Room with a queen size sleep sofa
- 1 Full Bathroom
- Fully stocked/ furnished kitchen w/ table and chairs
- Dining room with desk
- 1 Twin bed
- 1 full bathroom
- Free WiFi
- Laundromats are available in town
The kitchen is fully equipped with an electric stove and refrigerator, microwave, cooking utensils, dishes, etc. (and everything you need for a Maine Lobster boil). Everything is furnished including bed and bathroom linens (changed weekly). There is a TV-VCR combination, and a full bookshelf. We have internet (wired and wireless), and free domestic long distance on our land line.
A caretaker lives nearby, if you have questions or problems. Otherwise, you will find yourself in a peaceful field and woodlands setting, conveniently near Bar Harbor but away from the bustle of town.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About The Jernigan Family
We are the Jernigans. Our extended family has owned and operated Renwick House since 1978, along with several other family-owned rental properties. Grandpa and Grandma raised the family in Alexandria, VA, and we all currently reside in the Washington, DC area and the San Francisco, CA area.
The Jernigan Family purchased this farmhouse in 1978
Why The Jernigan Family chose Acadia National Park
Our family purchased the 29-acre property in 1978 from a Bar Harbor resident named George Renwick (hence the name 'Renwick House'). The house was built in the 1860's and sits on a beautiful piece of land conveniently near Bar Harbor but away from the bustle of town.
What makes this farmhouse unique
- 1/2 Mile walk to Acadia National Park (1 mile to Thunder Hole, 2 miles to Sand Beach)
- 4.5 Miles to downtown Bar Harbor
- Gorgeous sunsets over the back meadow