Roatan House Rental Photos and Description
Private, Beachfront House - 1 Bdrm+Loft Bdrm & 1.25 Baths (Best for a couple)
Secure, beachfront, guest house, has one bedroom with queen bed, bathroom with large shower, fully equipped kitchen, bar, living room with flat screen Cable TV, VCR and hundreds of movies, and large screened porch on the main level.
The loft has a full size bed and sink. The house is ideal for a couple, but can sleep four.
This is a small, clean, modern house next to a classic island home on over 2 ½ acres of private property. The property extends from the road to the beach in a quiet, safe area of Sandy Bay, at Spooky Channel in the Marine Reserve.
We recently furnished the house with modern and custom furniture, new linens, electronics, dishes, cutlery, kitchen appliances and BBQ.
We, the owners, live on-site in a classic island house and are available to provide information, arrange transportation and activities, borrow cooking ingredients/utensils and assist you any way we can to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible.
We personally pick you up at the airport, take you to the grocery store, then to the guest house. We provide information about the guest house, the area and island and answer any questions. We will bring you back to the airport at the end of your vacation and can print any tickets/boarding docs.
You are welcome to the fruit from any of our trees/bushes on-site. We have coconuts (year around), cashews, papayas, mangos, noni, bananas, plantains, and hot peppers (seasonally).
• Swimming, snorkeling and world class diving is easily accessible on the coral reef right out front.
• We are ideally located 10 minutes from West End, where you’ll find many dive centers, restaurants, beach bars, shopping, and small grocery stores and also 10 minutes from Coxen Hole, the major town on the island.
• Large, screened porch with seating, table, lighting.
• Air conditioning, ceiling fans, mobile fan, reading lights, alarm clock
• Fully equipped kitchen, modern appliances, water/water cooler
• Washing machine (w/detergent) and clothes line off the deck
• Free internet access on-site and cell phone (phone provided with 20-30 minutes , you buy extra, inexpensive minutes, for local and international calls.
• 2 person kayak, 2 mountain bikes, beach loungers/chairs, hammock, snorkel marker, floatation devices, beach front picnic facilities, horseshoes, volleyball included, (guitar and djembe drum available).
• On deck is a gas BBQ (charcoal BBQ and fire pit available).
• 32” flat screen TV with local cable. DVD player and DVD library with over 200 movies, speakers for mp3 hookup, radio.
To enjoy your stay, you must be OK with dogs. We have 2 dogs that are good with guests but do bark when unfamiliar people or dogs come around, but they provide great security.
Direct flights to Roatan are currently available from Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Toronto and Milan.
Keywords: villa, bungalow, beach, ocean, private, house, scuba, snorkeling, quiet
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
Al and I (Sandra) have been married 24 years. We recently retired from hectic careers in Western US and Canada. We love animals and are coordinators for three yearly pet clinics.
Sandra purchased this house in 2008
Why Sandra chose Roatan
We have been certified divers since 1993. We knew we wanted to live in the Caribbean and fell in love with Roatan in 1997. We found our dream property with an old island home on the beach in 2001. It is just our house and the guest house on our 2 1/2 acres from road to beach. No need to walk through other neighborhoods.
We recently decided to rent our guest house that was built in 2007, but finished/upgraded in 2011.
What makes this house unique
The beach is right out your front door. You can quietly relax in a hammock or lounge chairs on our private part of the beach. There is no local access through this property and rarely motor vehicles on the beach here. Snorkel or take the kayak out about 150 yards to Spooky Channel. Anthony's Key and Roatan Institute of Marine Science is just 1/4 mile away.