Bruce Peninsula House Rental Photos and Description
3 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, 1 half bathroom, sleeps 6
This 1450 square foot gracious historic country home is surrounded by 1 acre of lawns and gardens with adjacent use of 150 feet of shoreline on Colpoy's Bay/Georgian Bay's crystal clear water.
This turn of the century 3-bedroom house has an eat-in kitchen, open living room and dining room areas; it features a hot tub,cedar decking, and a large wrap-a-round pillared porch providing panoramic vistas of the Niagara Escarpment, the water and islands of beautiful Georgian Bay. It has a large grassy front lawn and a broad open backyard looking back on the Escarpment. The screened-in waterfront gazebo offers a tranquil location for taking in the view while enjoying a glass of wine, the stars and the milky way!
Main Floor : The centrepiece of the living room is a large brick, airtight wood-burning fireplace. Two leather couches provide comfortable viewing of the television with satellite hook-up, DVD,VCR and a CD player, provided for your use.
Adjacent to the living room is the dining area with a large window providing breathtaking views of Colpoy's Bay over the front lawns. The dining room sits 6 people comfortably.
Separate from the living room is a tastefully decorated kitchen, fully equipped with fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and plenty of cupboards and counter space. Also there is a breakfast bar area with 2 stools.
Outside Surroundings: The open wrap-around porch offers multiple vistas with the Niagara escarpment to the rear and the blue waters of Georgian Bay to the front. A waterside screened-in gazebo provides comfort for evening enjoyment and sits on a cedar deck complete with adirondack chairs. A perfect spot from which to dip your toes in the crystal clear waters of the bay, enjoy a glass of wine or take in a beautiful evening sunset.
PROXIMITY TO POINTS OF INTEREST: • Boat/Kayak Rentals : Suntrail Outfitters (Hepworth) 17 km
• Bruce Trail: 1 km
• Conservation Areas: Bruce Caves 3 km, Skinners Bluff Lookout 8 km
• Cross-Country Skiing: Sauble Trails 25 km, Sawmill Trails 13 km, Colpoys Trail 10 km, Rankin Trails 25 km
• Fine Dining: Wiarton 5 km, Owen Sound 33 km
• Fishing: Chanty Chinook Classic Salmon Derby Port Elgin 52 km, Fly-fishing Saugeen River 51 km, Trout & Salmon Lake Huron, Downrigging in Colpoy’s Bay 10 km
• Golf Course: Wiarton 5 km, Cobble Beach Golf Course 20 km
• Horse Back Riding: Purple Valley 16 km
• Hospital: Wiarton: 5 km
• Mountain Bike Trails: Bruce Peninsula Mountain Bike Adventure Park 15 km
• National Park: Tobermory 76 km, Bruce Peninsula National Park (Grotto is located here) 65 km
• Owen Sound: Shopping malls 33km
• Sand Beach: Wiarton 5 km, Sauble Beach (2nd longest freshwater beach in the world) 25 km
• Snowmobiling: District 9 Club Trails 3 km
• Snowshoeing: The Grotto 65 km, Lindsay Tract 55 km
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only