|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The only building in a small penninsula, it is like having an island of your own in a 4 acres property. The house has a private swimming pool, 2 dining tables/areas (outdoors and on the terrace) a garden, 2 terrace living rooms and one interior living room. Private patios, gardens, palm forest, freshwater creek, 2 ocean fronts (1 sandy seasonal and 1 rock cliff) and the most amazing views framed by 1945 beautiful architecture. Free wi fi. The house's previous owner was Dolores del Rio, Hollywood star, partner of Orson Wells. Stunning architecture by awarded architect Enrique del Moral. It is conveniently situated 10 minutes away from the active acapulco bay near the yacht club, la quebrada and the peaceful pie de la cuesta and Coyuca lagoon.
LA CAÑADA HAS 7 BEDROOMS IN TOTAL:
In the main area:
* 3 double bedrooms with private bathroom and private terrace each room.
* 2 double bedrooms with 1 shared bathroom and a common terrace for both.
In the back area:
* 2 double bedrooms with private bathrooms each but one shared terrace for both. (generally used for children and nannies)
* butler / chofer
(cook and masseuse can be hired)
services such as massage, manicure, pedicure, hair stylist, live musicians, etc. available at the house if desired for reasonable prices. For example, the extraordinary masseuse can come to the house and the massage is only 40 usd.
I am an art critic, curator and collector. Studied my Master's degree on Contemporary Art in London at Sotheby's Institute. Work in the art world, currently based in Mexico City
Vanesa Fernandez purchased this villa in 1970
I am mostly interested in beauty and historical values of really important art pieces and architecture, such as this property. The reason for renting it is because it is a holiday home, so it can be rented the resto of the time.
There is no other property like it in the country. It has been featured in Purple Magazine in France, Wallpaper Magazine in London, and Celeste Magazine in Mexico, amongst many other architecture books and magazines.
The beauty and story of the house
The house belonged to dolores del rio, the mexican hollywood actress that left her acting carreer to become the partner of orson wells. She was with him when he filmed citizen cane. It is an historic house, the first modern architectural work in mexico, built in acapulco in 1945, by renowned mexican architect enrique del moral (best known for his unam building, universidad autonoma de méxico). 'el gringo' del moral, as he was called, was very influential mostly in the way he incorporated vernacular architecture into modern buildings. So nature: the rainforest and ocean around, are beautifully incorportated into the house architecture in its terraces. As this house is considered one of his matespieces, the house is featured in most books on mexican architecture, as well as contemporary international magazines such as wallpaper, purple magazine and celeste magazines, amongst others.
What the house offers:
The house has a private swimming pool, 2 dining rooms (outdoors and on the terrace) a garden, a palmtree forest, a freshwater creeek, 2 beaches (1 sandy and 1 rock cliff) and the most amazing views framed by beautiful architecture. It has free wifi and a sound system with speakers to hear music. Most guests hardly ever leave the property grounds and enjoy spending their holidays inside the property grounds. If you are the stay-in kind, there is no better place than this on earth. Groceries, food, etc. Is arranged by the butler of the house.
Unparalleled attraction: location
The house is the only building in a penninsula, so it is almost like living in an island of your own. But it is wonderfully located in the original 1940s residential acapulco area where, for instance, the elvis presley films were made. It is conveniently right between the bay of acapulco and pie de la cuesta only 10 to 15 minutes drive to either beach.
1) acapulco bay: offers all kinds of sea related attractions such as skiing, fishing, and diving, that can be booked from the house. It also offers very good restaurants, famous bars and fantastic nightlife.
2) pie de la cuesta: is more relaxed from heavy tourism, yet very pintoresque. It is pet friendly, has very little tourists, and few hotels. Pie de la cuesta offers an enormous sandy beach with waves for surfers, as well as a lagoon. You can water ski at the lagoon and have wonderful food in the small design hotels owned by europeans mostly.
3) transportation: there is an air conditioned van for 12 people available in the house with a driver. The tariffs for rides in the van run from 10 usd to 80 usd depending on the distance.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|Notes||traveles have to pay 50% deposit in advance, and 50% on arrival|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: