REFURBISHED 1800's ANTIQUE CARRIAGE HOUSE
(BRAND NEW LISTING FOR 2011)
* Bright, clean & airy antique home with modern amenities.
* Ideal vacation rental for cyclists, couples and families seeking a relaxing retreat in an Old Cape setting.
Set on over 2 acres of sunny gardens and quiet woodlands, this converted Victorian Carriage House offers a peaceful escape within 100 meters of the Cape Cod Rail Trail and less than 1 mile from beautiful Bayside beaches.
Built in the 1800's as a wheelright's carriage shop, the original antique barn has been expanded over the last century and lovingly converted into a charming 3-bedroom cottage with modern conveniences. Hidden down a white-shell driveway and loaded with character, this clean, classic Cape cottage is outfitted with new beds, antiques and original artwork collected by the owners over time.
The Carriage House provides a peaceful, relaxing retreat nestled among quiet woodlands and a sprawling grass field. The sunny side lawn is perfect for kids as well as an afternoon croquet match, a pick-up game of soccer or just stretching out in the sun. The old landscape benefits from mature plantings, including wildflowers, hydrangeas, fruit trees and a giant, old chestnut tree which guards the front lawn.
Filled with natural light through original antique windows, the Carriage House comfortably sleeps up to 6 guests. There is free Wi-Fi internet access as well as air-conditioning. A portable crib and booster seat / high chair can also be provided upon request.
* The Master Bedroom is located on the ground floor and has a queen bed, walk-in closet, chest of drawers and writing desk.
* Two additional Guest Bedrooms are located upstairs -- one with a queen bed and a children's room with 2 twin beds.
* The house benefits from two full Bathrooms including showers (one on each floor).
* The Living Room is filled with natural sunlight through paned glass windows on all 4 walls. With antique wood floors, there is a comfortable couch and wing-back chairs where you can stretch out after a long day at the beach or on the bike bath. The living room also has a brand new flat screen TV with cable.
* The Kitchen has a fridge, stove, large sink, a new microwave, coffee machine and cooking equipment (including Le Creuset cookware).
* The adjacent Dining Room features a hand-painted farmhouse table with seating for 6 people.
* The Laundry Room features a washer, dryer and additional storage.
* Out the back door is a private garden with outdoor furniture and a new gas grill.
* The Carriage House is located approximately 1 mile from Brewster's beautiful, Bayside sandy beaches -- including Paine's Creek, Breakwater Beach, Crosby Landing and Robbin's Hill.
* Just up the road is Main Street (also known as the Old King's Highway in the National Register of Historic Places). The road winds its way through some of the oldest villages in America with many antique shops, resturants and colonial homes.
* The Carriage House is also conveniently located within 100 meters of the Cape Cod Rail Trail which stretches over 20 miles along the length of the Cape from Dennis up to Wellfleet. The bike path offers the genuine Cape Cod experience as it wanders through quaint villages, sandy beaches, pine forests, and cranberry bogs. In addition to cycling and in-line skating, the trail has a wide shoulder to accommodate horseback riding, walkers, and runners.
From the Carriage House you can walk to lunch or dinner, or ride your bike to the beach at Sheep Pond for a swim. Walk up the path to the Stony Brook School in 15 minutes where you can cheer on the Brewster Whitecaps in the Cape Cod Baseball League. You can also reserve one of the new public tennis courts at the Stony Brook School.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS & SHOPS:
The bike path provides easy access to several shops and restaurants within walking distance. Just up the road is a shop to rent bicycles and kayaks. Restaurants and a local fish market are also close by (including the Local Flavor sandwich shop, the Ardeo's mediterranean restaurant, El Guapo's mexican grill and the Breakwater Fish Market). Fresh produce and a butcher are with a 3-minute walk at Ferretti's Market . The Satucket Farm Stand and the Brewster General Store are both within a 2min drive.
NEED MORE ROOM OR A POOL?
* Our family has an additional antique rental property across the street with 5 additional bedrooms as well as a secluded in-ground swimming pool. You can find it by searching for Property #392441 on VRBO:
VRBO Property #392441: 'Beautifully Restored Historic 5-Bed Home with Secluded Pool'
* On a combined basis, these two properties offer 8 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 16 people.
* Our vacation homes are ideal for family reunions or large groups.
* Please email us for more information.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any inquiries. We are happy to answer your questions and provide local insights on our favorite places around Brewster and the Cape.
Our family is excited to share this special antique home with you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Keywords: Cape Cod, Antique, Carriage House, 3 Bedroom, Bike Path, Beaches, Quiet, Peaceful, Charming, Cycling, Tennis, Baseball, Cycling, Swimming, Walking, Skating, Horseback Riding
This is an amazing "find"- a beautiful, spotless, warm and welcoming Cape Cod cottage. You know you're on the Cape when you step out of your car onto the sea shell covered driveway, and smell the salt air. The cottage is charming! All the rooms,downstairs and up, have been tastefully designed with comfortable and stylish furniture and lovely artwork. You enter into the adorable kitchen, equipped with country table and chairs, and colorful dish ware. That leads into a very spacious and sunny living room. The house is surrounded by a wonderful yard, with shade trees, lawn furniture, and flowers. Brewster is a terrific location- the Cape Cod Rail Trail (bike path) is just down the road as well as a well equipped convenience store. "Must sees" nearby include the Sesuit Harbor Cafe, Brewster General Store, and Truro Vineyards. We have been here twice and can't wait to return!!!! Just love it! Thank you!!
This was our fourth year staying a the Carriage House and it was just perfect. The house has come to feel like our second home (and I wish it was). The house continues to be superbly maintained and very tastefully decorated. The owners have thought of everything in terms of stocking the house with things you might need while visiting the Cape. From linens, towels, beach towels, a travel-crib, high chairs, toys for kids to play with on the beach....everything is provided at the house. I cannot say enough good things about the house. Thank you for making our annual family trip to the Cape so easy and comfortable. We look forward to next year!
We recently returned from a wonderful week at the Carriage House. We stayed with our three young children and there were many child-related items available in the home that made our stay so much easier. The house is beautifully decorated with lovely antiques, comfortable furnishings and was very clean upon our arrival. The garage/shed was a perfect place to store our bikes and large stroller. The use of the home's linens and beach towels was also much appreciated. The yard was perfect for the family to run around on and we enjoyed a number of meals from the BBQ outside on the patio table.
We love the classic Cape feel of Brewster area and this home is perfectly situated in the town. The rail trail is steps away (we rented our bikes from Brewster Bike which is a short walk from the house too), a number of great restaurants are within walking distance, a great playground for kids, Ferretti's market is a only a few minutes by foot to pick up the paper/food essentials ( plus amazing deli), Sawtucket farm stand is only a 3 minute drive around the corner.
The owners were a delight to deal with, leaving a number of helpful notes and resources about the house and area in the home.
We highly recommend this lovely home to any and all. We will certainly be back!
This was our second time staying in the Carriage House and we could not be happier. We love this house and its location. The house is so warm and inviting. It has such charm that you just feel at home. We are hoping to make this a yearly vacation. Not only is the house great but the owner Sasha could not be nicer. She made booking this trip so easy. We love the Carriage House and cannot wait until next year!!
We visited our son(who is in school in Boston) over Thanksgiving and we stayed at the Cape for a couple of nights. What a well-kept Thanksgiving secret! It was not too cold yet and the Carriage House was the perfect setting for a getaway that was close to good restaurants (we went to The Red Pheasant for Thanksgiving for lunch and LOVED it!) and to the walking paths and beaches. The beaches are beautiful and you have them all to yourself at this time of year, but they are really too cold for much activity. The carriage house was cozy, clean, well-decorated, and charming. The owners even had a welcome basket waiting on the table for us when we arrived! The kitchen was well-stocked with cooking implements, but it was lacking any of the basic food staples. We cooked very little there, but there was no salt, pepper, sugar or just basics that I have come to expect in a rental property. We are guessing that this was due to the fact that we were there off-season and the cupboard had been cleaned out after the summer crowd had cleared out. The upstairs bathtub really is unusable, but since we only had 3 people in our group, we were able to easily share the downstairs shower. There was not a hair dryer either. These were minor observations though. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would recommend this place to friends who wanted a good taste of a Cape Cod cottage experience at its simple best.
The pictures don't do this property justice! The "grounds" to the house are phenomenal and much larger than described. Wonderful place for children to romp, couples to entertain, reunions to take place! I would highly recommend this house to all friends, family, and those who are searching for a "quintessential" cape house! Each room has its own dynamic personality, that was so loved. The only drawback, I would have to say is the upstairs bathroom, with its low shower ceiling....everything else in this house was wonderful!