REFURBISHED 1800's ANTIQUE CARRIAGE HOUSE
(BRAND NEW LISTING FOR 2011)
* Bright, clean & airy antique home with modern amenities.
* Ideal vacation rental for cyclists, couples and families seeking a relaxing retreat in an Old Cape setting.
Set on over 2 acres of sunny gardens and quiet woodlands, this converted Victorian Carriage House offers a peaceful escape within 100 meters of the Cape Cod Rail Trail and less than 1 mile from beautiful Bayside beaches.
Built in the 1800's as a wheelright's carriage shop, the original antique barn has been expanded over the last century and lovingly converted into a charming 3-bedroom cottage with modern conveniences. Hidden down a white-shell driveway and loaded with character, this clean, classic Cape cottage is outfitted with new beds, antiques and original artwork collected by the owners over time.
The Carriage House provides a peaceful, relaxing retreat nestled among quiet woodlands and a sprawling grass field. The sunny side lawn is perfect for kids as well as an afternoon croquet match, a pick-up game of soccer or just stretching out in the sun. The old landscape benefits from mature plantings, including wildflowers, hydrangeas, fruit trees and a giant, old chestnut tree which guards the front lawn.
Filled with natural light through original antique windows, the Carriage House comfortably sleeps up to 6 guests. There is free Wi-Fi internet access as well as air-conditioning. A portable crib and booster seat / high chair can also be provided upon request.
* The Master Bedroom is located on the ground floor and has a queen bed, walk-in closet, chest of drawers and writing desk.
* Two additional Guest Bedrooms are located upstairs -- one with a queen bed and a children's room with 2 twin beds.
* The house benefits from two full Bathrooms including showers (one on each floor).
* The Living Room is filled with natural sunlight through paned glass windows on all 4 walls. With antique wood floors, there is a comfortable couch and wing-back chairs where you can stretch out after a long day at the beach or on the bike bath. The living room also has a brand new flat screen TV with cable.
* The Kitchen has a fridge, stove, large sink, a new microwave, coffee machine and cooking equipment (including Le Creuset cookware).
* The adjacent Dining Room features a hand-painted farmhouse table with seating for 6 people.
* The Laundry Room features a washer, dryer and additional storage.
* Out the back door is a private garden with outdoor furniture and a new gas grill.
* The Carriage House is located approximately 1 mile from Brewster's beautiful, Bayside sandy beaches -- including Paine's Creek, Breakwater Beach, Crosby Landing and Robbin's Hill.
* Just up the road is Main Street (also known as the Old King's Highway in the National Register of Historic Places). The road winds its way through some of the oldest villages in America with many antique shops, resturants and colonial homes.
* The Carriage House is also conveniently located within 100 meters of the Cape Cod Rail Trail which stretches over 20 miles along the length of the Cape from Dennis up to Wellfleet. The bike path offers the genuine Cape Cod experience as it wanders through quaint villages, sandy beaches, pine forests, and cranberry bogs. In addition to cycling and in-line skating, the trail has a wide shoulder to accommodate horseback riding, walkers, and runners.
From the Carriage House you can walk to lunch or dinner, or ride your bike to the beach at Sheep Pond for a swim. Walk up the path to the Stony Brook School in 15 minutes where you can cheer on the Brewster Whitecaps in the Cape Cod Baseball League. You can also reserve one of the new public tennis courts at the Stony Brook School.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS & SHOPS:
The bike path provides easy access to several shops and restaurants within walking distance. Just up the road is a shop to rent bicycles and kayaks. Restaurants and a local fish market are also close by (including the Local Flavor sandwich shop, the Ardeo's mediterranean restaurant, El Guapo's mexican grill and the Breakwater Fish Market). Fresh produce and a butcher are with a 3-minute walk at Ferretti's Market . The Satucket Farm Stand and the Brewster General Store are both within a 2min drive.
NEED MORE ROOM OR A POOL?
* Our family has an additional antique rental property across the street with 5 additional bedrooms as well as a secluded in-ground swimming pool. You can find it by searching for Property #392441 on VRBO:
VRBO Property #392441: 'Beautifully Restored Historic 5-Bed Home with Secluded Pool'
* On a combined basis, these two properties offer 8 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 16 people.
* Our vacation homes are ideal for family reunions or large groups.
* Please email us for more information.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any inquiries. We are happy to answer your questions and provide local insights on our favorite places around Brewster and the Cape.
Our family is excited to share this special antique home with you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Keywords: Cape Cod, Antique, Carriage House, 3 Bedroom, Bike Path, Beaches, Quiet, Peaceful, Charming, Cycling, Tennis, Baseball, Cycling, Swimming, Walking, Skating, Horseback Riding
4 public tennis courts within 15min walk. Cape Cod summer league baseball games are a 15min walk.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.