Hi, I'm Sharon. In 2008, I flew to Bali and filled a container with art, architectural pieces, furniture, marble and building materials. When I returned to Austin I built my dream home in the Sunset Valley neighborhood, a tiny township within the city of Austin. 'Austin's best kept secret' has large lots, many old and beautiful trees, horses and abundant wildlife yet its only 14 minutes from downtown. In 2010 my home was awarded five stars (the highest honor) by the Austin Green Building Program and was featured in the Cool House Architectural Tour.
The two story, naturally lighted artist's loft, has a flexible floor plan to accommodate a wide range of groups, from families on holiday to small wedding parties to corporate clients. Because I make my living designing and building things, my home is filled with textiles, art, art materials and works in progress. When you arrive you'll notice my obsessive compulsive attention to detail throughout, custom carved teak doors, polished concrete and pebble mosaic floors, natural clay wall finishes, custom light switches, etc. I've been told there's something about the space that fuels the imagination and inspires a sense of play, making it perfect for corporate brainstorming sessions and artist/writer retreats.
The very private outdoor living space offers numerous ways to enjoy the warm Austin weather; eat breakfast in the large screened porch, sip mojitos on the deck or paddle around the lap pool as deer, foxes, mexican eagles and hummingbirds frolic nearby.
This posting is new, so the list below is not complete (I'm still working on it!), but here are just a few of the amenities you will enjoy during your stay...
WHOLE HOUSE FEATURES:
- Tall ceilings and lots of natural light
- Wireless internet
- onsite free parking
- Sleeps up to 12 people in luxury linens, 100% cotton sheets, world textile coverlets, vintage wool blankets, new pillows and comfortable mattresses. A variety of sleeping arrangements can be arranged.
- Bath and pool towels
- Alarm system
LIVING and DINING ROOM:
- Large open living space with two story windows overlook the private green-space
- Large sectional sofa can sleep three
- Raised dining room just off the kitchen with custom dining table and lighted art niche
KITCHEN: The fully equipped large kitchen with wrap-around counters that open onto the screened outdoor living and dining area is perfect for parties, foodie reunions and cooking classes.
- Gas stove
- Wall oven and microwave
- Coffee grinder, french presses and automated coffee maker
- Toaster oven
- Cooking equipment (cookie sheets, baking pans, pots and pans, salad spinner)
- Kitchen staples (flour, sugar, baking soda, etc.)
- Outdoor gas grill on the patio
BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:
The ground floor 'Garden Room' Master Bedroom features...
- Large windows that overlook the pool area. Lots of natural light
- Custom roman shades for privacy
- The custom Balinese teak bed is larger than queen-size and super comfy
- Private bathroom with large soaking tub with a view, white pebble mosaic floor, towels, hair dryer and lighted magnifying mirror
- Walk in closet
- Private entrance offers access to the pool and outdoor shower
The second-floor 'Sun Room' Master Bedroom features…
- Large windows that overlook the pool and green-space
- Custom queen-size bed on wheels. (Roll it next to the windows and wake up surrounded by sky)
- Enough room to comfortably fit the second large bed if needed
- The next door bathroom includes a vintage custom etched claw-foot tub/shower, venetian plaster finish, towels, hair dryer and lighted magnifying mirror
The ground floor 'Patio' Bedroom features…
- Private entrance
- Outdoor patio with table, chairs and custom iron gates
- King-size bed or two comfortable twinXL beds
- Walk in closet
- Private bathroom with walk in shower, carved sink, towels, hair dryer and lighted magnifying mirror
A fourth full bathroom just off the main living space features a tub with a shower, a small vanity area, towels, hair dryer and lighted magnifying mirror
SECOND FLOOR LOFT AREAS: The entertainment/conference room that overlooks the main living space features
- Computer desks / conference table
- Lots of comfortable seating, including 12 Haworth conference chairs
- Can be configured to sleep four
- Brand new 60' plasma smart tv with Netflix online streaming, dvd player, Hulu, etc.
The 'Lookout Loft':
- A tall light table that works as a desk
- Two desk niches
- Closet space for clothing and suitcases
- The space can be configured in a variety of ways:
--- One king or two twinXL beds make it a sleeping loft
--- A series of folding teak tables can be set up to make it a work space.
--- I have six yoga mats, now its a yoga studio!
- Large teak deck with a gas grill
- Year round 50' ozone lap pool
- Outdoor shower overlooking the 2 acre lot and dry creek
- Private patio just outside the 'Patio' bedroom
- A large private yard and a dry creek to explore
- Deer, foxes, raccoons, Mexican Eagles, hummingbirds galore