Luquillo Condo Rental Photos and Description
Playa Azul #3 Condo with 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
'Dulces Suenos' translates as Sweet Dreams. Allow the sound of the waves and the song of the Coqui's to lure you to dreamland.
Things to do:
• Begin each morning on the 11th floor balcony watching the lovely sunrise over the ocean.
• Our favorite activity is to walk on the Luquillo beaches. It is less than 200 yards from the door of the condo across the courtyard to Playa Azul beach.
• Hike the nearby nature trails in El Yunque National Forest or visit Las Paylas water slides on the way to Sabana.
• The reefs just off the beach have an abundance of sea life and snorkeling in 80 degree water is always a pleasure.
• A quick 10 minute drive to Fajardo will put you in one of the largest marinas in the Caribbean with many deep sea fishing, open water sailing and scuba charters available.
• Walk along the beach to visit La Selva Nature Reserve (officially known as the Northeast Ecological Corridor) 3,240 acres of freshwater marshes, mangrove and other coastal forests, sandy beaches and coral reefs and with miles of rugged undisturbed coastline.
• Join the activities of the gated common area with pools, tennis court, handball and basketball courts and several areas of playground equipment for the smaller guests.
• Fajardo and San Juan are both an easy drive.
• The entire island of enchantment is easily accessible from this beautiful location.
The Beaches of Luquillo:
• Walk to the west along Playa Azul beach and you will find a quiet shallow bay with flat calm waters and continue on to arrive at the famous blue flag Luquillo Beach.
• Heading to the east you will come to La Pared a local surfing beach. Try surfing at La Pared with the surf instructors from the Luquillo surf shop.
• La Selva has miles of empty beach to explore and is just beyond La Pared to the east of the condo.
• Balneario Monserrate is a Blue-Flag beach with BBQ grills and life-guards on duty.
Area Wildlife and Caribbean “Treasure”:
• White herons and iguanas are often spotted in groves along La Selva.
• Leatherback and green sea turtles can be found nesting during the April to July season on La Selva.
• Sand dollars and other “treasures” of the Caribbean can be found on the local beaches.
• Air Conditioning and ceiling fans in the living room and each bedroom
• Washer and dryer in the condo
• Refrigerator has an ice maker
• 42” LED/LCD/HDTV with HD cable
• High speed wireless internet
• Leather seating with recliners in the living area
• Patio set with rocking chairs on the balcony
• Coffee pot with timer
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
I am a respiratory therapist for the local critical care transport team. Don is a produce buyer for a local produce warehouse. At home we have a sweet little Siamese mix named Sassy.
The love of our life is our sweet little grandaughter. Her parents are pretty special too. Little Miss keeps us busy on our days off from work since we get to spend a lot of time with her.
We love to travel to warm tropical locations especially in the winter to escape the dreary Pacific Northwest weather.
Brandi purchased this condo in 2011
Why Brandi chose Luquillo
I read about the Bio-bays in Puerto Rico and wanted to visit the island so we arranged a vacation and when we arrived we fell in LOVE with the island and the local people.
We previously had traveled to other locations and the locals were not terribly friendly but Puerto Rico was different. We spent our first day walking on Jobos Beach and we were approached by a local who recognized us as tourists (white skin turning red at amazingly fast rates probably was the give-way..LOL) and offered to show us the area while sharing information about both the local area and island in general. This was not an isolated incident, several times we were shown local sites by local people who are proud of their home and want to share it with others.
Puerto Rico is nicknamed the 'Isle of Enchantment' and it truly enchanted both my husband and I.
We are a few years from retirement and we decided to purchase a condo so when we are ready to retire we have it available but since we can only visit 2-3 times each year we thought why not rent it and let others enjoy the warm island of Puerto Rico.
What makes this condo unique
My favorite thing about our condo is the proximity to the beach. I love to be on the sand and in the salt water and falling asleep to the rhythm of the ocean. It is wonderful to have the access with no drive! Just a short walk across beautifully maintained grounds and you are on the sandy beach with reefs to snorkle right there. Listening to the waves crash is very relaxing at night hence the name- Dulces Suenos (Sweet Dreams).
Luquillo is located outside the metro area but has excellent access to the entire island.
El Yunque is a quick 15 minute drive to the trailheads and tourist center.
Fajardo is a 10 minute drive for fishing, snorkeling and scuba charters.
San Juan Metro is a 30 minute drive for shopping, dining and dancing.
Old San Juan is 35 minute drive for all the tourist attractions like El Morro and also many artisan shops.
Come and let Puerto Rico enchant you:)
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have stayed in this apartment for the past five years and have seen the various owners improve the place nicely. There are new windows and doors, and new kitchen with washer and dryer. It is convenient to the pool and beach and town.