|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
*SPECIAL! Book 6 nights and get the 7th night FREE!!*
Drop Anchor is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with full kitchen, living room and large veranda over looking the Caribbean Sea. Not only does Drop Anchor have its own personal 100 ft dock out to the ocean for your use but located downstairs is a bar and restaurant. The bar and restaurant is open for dinner and closes early to allow your evenings to be peaceful. Each bedroom is equipped with a queen size bed, an AC unit, full closet, television with cable and private access to a balcony with a view of the street. Both showers are connected to a hot water warmer for you to enjoy a warm shower if needed. The kitchen includes a gas stove and oven, full refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, pots, pans and cutlery. The living room has a couch, desk and television with cable. The large veranda looks out over the ocean and has a great view of the mountains and Scott's Head which is the most southern tip of Dominica. There is patio furniture for you to relax in on the veranda. The 100 ft dock is located downstairs and is for your personal use. If you would like for me to arrange you a scuba, whale watching, fishing or snorkeling tour I would be more than happy to and arrange for the boat to pick you right up from the dock!
As scuba divers my family was always looking for a new unique destination to go diving. My dad read an article on Dominica in National Geographic and decided we had to check it out. After our first trip we fell in love with not only the diving but the culture and the people. We quickly decided we had to have a home there. It took several years to find the right piece of land but after we did construction began quickly. The idea of the place was initially small but it grew and grew until the final plan...bar downstairs and home upstairs. For several years my sister grew the bar into one of the most popular on this side of the island until she decided to move back to the US to open a 2nd Drop Anchor location in Port Aransas, Tx. Now it is run buy a nice local couple that have turned it into a great place to enjoy dinner or a cold cocktail. The house upstairs has been fully designed by my parents and a long time dream come true for them. They have enjoyed it all to themselves for many years but now they feel it is time to share this cozy Caribbean home with others. If you have any questions about the home or Dominica please feel free to contact me. I have been visiting Dominica since I was 15 years old and would love to give any advice that I can about the island.
Drop Anchor is the perfect location for whatever type of vacation you are wanting to have. Whether you just want to sit by the ocean and relax all day or if you want to fill your days full of activities and attractions Drop Anchor is the place to stay.
I am very familiar with the island and can help you with any concerns you might have. I can also set up any tours you would like to take while in Dominica. I will organize all the details so you can be worry free while on your vacation. I can even arrange for a rental car to be delivered right to Drop Anchor and picked up when you are finished using it. I am here to help in whatever way I can.
Within 5-10 minute drive of Drop Anchor:
- Roseau: It is the capital and the main city on Dominica. Roseau is full of soveinger shops, local restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies. It is also home to the local farmers market which I highly recommend waking up early on a Saturday morning to check out if you want at true taste of local life on the island.
- Car Rental: If you would like to rent a car while Dominica I can arrange for a car to be delivered to Drop Anchor and picked up when you are finish using it.
- The best dive and whale watching shop on the island: If you would like to set up a dive package or just a day of diving I can arrange that for you and they will pick you up right from Drop Anchor's dock. I can arrange it where you can have your own private boat or go with a group. I can set up an evening of whale watching as well where they will pick you up right from the dock.
- Champagne Snorkel Park: If you would like to skip the boat ride you can drive to this park, rent snorkel gear and use their dock to walk out right to one of the most well known dive/snorkel spots on the island.
- Island Style Fishing and Whale Watching: If you are interested in a more private whale watching experience with the best whale watching captain in Dominica go with Island Style. Or if you would like to catch some fresh fish for your dinner let me know and I can arrange for Island Style to pick you up right on Drop Anchor's dock.
Within 15-30 minute drive of Drop Anchor:
-Mero Beach: A beautiful black sand beach with a stretch of local bars and restaurants for you to enjoy. You can drive there yourself, have a guide take you or buses run there daily (except on Sundays).
-Trifalgra Falls: Probably the most well known waterfall in Dominica. It is a national park so a nice trail has been made and maintained which makes the 'hike' to see the fall very easy. You can simply hike to the viewing area or if you feel more adventurous you can continue and possibly hike to the pool of the fall depending on the weather. There are also natural sulfur hot springs that you can bath in and are located on the trail and easy to get to.
- Titou Gorge: This is a must see while in Dominica. It is a very short walk and when you get to the Gorge you take a swim through a canyon. Google this one to get the full idea.
Within 45-60 minute drive from Drop Anchor:
-Victoria Falls: This waterfall is simply amazing but it does take quite the effort to get to. You not only have to hike but you have to climb up and over huge slippery boulders to reach the waterfall. Its a true outing in the rainforest in my opinion but please know your physical limitations if you decide to go to Victoria Falls.
-Sari Sari Falls: Another huge and glorious waterfall but be prepared for quite the hike.
-Middleham Falls: Again a simply amazing fall but be ready for a workout when hiking to this fall.
-Portsmouth: The 2nd largest city on the island and the home to the medical school. It is a pleasant town with good local restaurants, nice beaches and a historical fort you can visit.
If you have questions about any other attractions I have not mentioned please let me know. After setting up your accommodation at Drop Anchor I would be more than happy to set up any tours you are interested in. I can set up a single tour for you or if you would like package several together. I can customize tours or packages to your liking or if you are unsure of what attractions you want to visit while in Dominica let me know your interest and we can work together to find the ideal places for you to visit.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
4 night minimum stay
Jun 1 - Oct 15
4 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
|Notes||If you wish to cancel your reservation you can do so no later than 15 days before Check-in Date and you will receive a 50% refund of total rental rate. If you cancel later than 15 days before Check-in Date NO REFUND will be granted.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.