Beautiful Home in Perfect Proximity to Downtown!
Submitted: February 21, 2013
Stayed: February 2013
My girlfriends and I had such a fabulous time staying at the Betty Jo house last week; we arrived Monday and stayed for 7 amazing days of bachelorette activities! **Bliss**
• The house is in immaculate condition - everything smelled so clean and amazingly fresh. It was perfectly ready for our arrival!
• Any amenity we could have wanted was available – and then some! Everything we needed to prepare meals was accessible and we never had to look too far for random necessities (i.e. koozie, mop, cooler, broom, ketchup).
• Even though the house is listed to sleep 8, we could have easily fit [at least] 4 more guests in the huge living areas upstairs & downstairs.
• The food in Austin is AWESOME; I've never enjoyed over-indulging so much! Every restaurant we ventured to (Elizabeth St. Cafe, Polvo's, Moonshine, G'Raj Mahal, Woodland, Sway, Banger's, South Congress Cafe, Kabobalicious, Eastside Showroom, Juan in a Million, Torchy's Tacos) was within a 5 mile radius and offered something for everyone within all price ranges.
• Downtown was easily within walking distance and the weather in Austin was perfect for traveling by foot! Also, cabs to the house after evenings of excessive cocktails were well within reason (~$10).
• For daytime strolling, my girlfriends and I rented bikes (super cheap!) and rode for miles exploring the city. The ride over the bridge into downtown is absolutely breathtaking!
• When we didn't want to venture out, we enjoyed the house’s gorgeous outdoor space. Wine by the fire pits was my ultimate favorite activity!
I cannot express how much fun we had and how wonderful it was to return to a nice home in the evenings; the house is truly beautiful. My girlfriends and I will MOST DEFINITELY be back in Austin at Betty Jo!
Owner's Response: Thank you Julia for your kind review. Hope to have you back soon!
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?