|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This beautifully decorated condo has large open living spaces, including living room, terrace/dining area, office, master suite with queen bed, second suite xwith king bed, third bedroom with queen bed and additional full bath. The kitchen is fully equipped with all appliances and a full range of cooking utensils. The terrace bar area has an additional ice maker/freezer and small refrigerator. Also included are cable TV, wireless Internet connection, stereo receiver, CD and DVD players, Ipod connections, washer/dryer and maid service. The hillside location provides spectacular ocean views from the living room, dining room, terrace, office and master suite. The condo is 3 blocks from the beach and a 5 minute cab ride from the center of town.
Until recently, this condo was used as a principal residence and the quality of the furnishings as well as its amenities reflect this. The building itself is small, with only 14 residential units, most of which are not rental units The building is quiet, both because of its location and size and the pool is rarely crowded, even in peak season.
A wonderful condo in prime position within easy walking distance of the old town and its many attractions, including shops, restaurants, and the town beaches (Playas Arcos and Los Muertos). Also a short bus and / or boat ride to the many beautiful bays south of Puerto Vallarta.
The condo itself is one of only 14 situated in a select, secure, very well maintained building with private parking in the basement. It is extremely spacious, tastefully furnished and luxuriously equipped with everything you could possibly need. The view from the front balcony is truly spectacular. A beautiful garden area with infinity pool complete the perfect holiday location.
First off, the pics on this site don't do this place justice. It's much bigger in real life and there's something about the way the ocean breeze flows through when it's all opened up that just can't be conveyed via photos. I was going to give 4 stars in my review due to a couple minor blips but I got such a good rate that I have to bump it back up to 5.
- Big! This is a large 3 bedroom condo and all rooms are nicely sized. Three of us were well accommodated with a good amount of privacy. Two of the three rooms had en-suite bathrooms that were also spacious and lovely.
- Gorgeous: It seriously looks like they hired an interior designer to decorate with all the rich colors and lovely furniture. I felt like I was at a gallery with all the original folk art and paintings on display.
- Well appointed: You can tell that somebody called this place home. It had everything my friends and I needed to make ourselves comfy and we were able to cook several very nice meals in the fabulous kitchen. The beds seemed a bit firm at first but after the first night I was loving it.
- The Views: Excellent views of beach, ocean, city, and mountains. Sunset from this veranda was an absolute dream.
- Location: 10 minute walk down steep hill and stairs dropped us right off on Olas Altas near the Blue Chairs resort. Walking a slightly different direction down the hill landed us in the middle of the action in Old Town Vallarta where there are a multitude of excellent restaurants, cafes, bars, and night clubs. That hill was pretty steep so I can honestly say that we took a cab back up every time but they're are plenty of them and the fare is very cheap, never more than $3-$5.
- Pool: Heated infinity pool was delightful, never crowded, and loved the palapas at the corner of the yard.
Possible Improvements: (not much)
- There's only WIFI in the front part of the condo. I couldn't get online in the bedrooms or bathrooms due to concrete walls. This may not matter to many but I personally love to read/watch online in bed before going to sleep.
- The satellite TV service was spotty. It would cut out some times leaving us with only 5-8 channels in Spanish. (friends got a nice Spanish lesson) ;)
Final Side Note: If anything goes amiss deal ONLY with the property owner. Don't try to settle little things with the house keeper. The owner is very responsive and will negotiate deductions from your deposit to cover damages or extra cleaning costs.
What can I say about this rental other than fantastic ! I have traveled to PV for the last 7 years and fell in love with the city and it's people. This condo has charm and warmth with incredible views of the ocean, mountain and the city. You will find all the conveniences of home and very comfortable beds. It is amazing how cool the condo stays even in the summer with the breezes from the ocean. It is a short walk into town and to the beach or call a cab they are everywhere. If you choose to stay in for the day the pool is beautiful and you pick out many landmarks in the city while you relax and have a cool one.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 2015 - Apr 30 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Notes||50% to secure the reservation and the additional 50% 2 months prior to arrival|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.