18th Arrondissement Montmartre Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment, Studio, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2)
This nice little studio sleeps 2. It combines the advantage of being very affordable, fully renewed and perfectly located in the center of the Abbesses district 2 mn from the subway.
The studio stays on a charming square, the “Place Emile Goudeau" where PICASSO’s studio used to be on the 3rd floor (Fr standard). In 1920-40, the building was the furnished “hotel du Poirier” (Pear tree hotel). Many famous guests lived in (MODIGLIANI, Albert CAMUS, Max JACOB …). PICASSO and other painters artists lived across in the “BATEAU LAVOIR”.
On the left is the Abbesses district, on the right the Old Montmartre village. The square is planted with big Spanish Oak trees. The area is very safe and charming and welcomes painters, artists, fresh markets, vintage furniture markets...
We are in the same block as the fruit & vegetable stand featured in the famous movie “Le Destin d’Amélie Poulain”. The Abbesses subway station is 2 mn walk and the Sacre Coeur Church a few hundred yards.
The studio has been completely renovated. It fits for 2. It is equipped with a double convertible sofa bed.
Kitchen bar is fully equipped. A nice 30’ flat TV and DVD is available. The bathroom is lit by sunlight. The shower is brand new. Finally a large closet, a washer and drier and a good quality fan are available in the studio.
We are staying on the 4th floor, just above. We are here if you need help, but do not worry, we will not be intrusive.
This location is a perfect base to visit Paris. It stays 15 minute by subway to most interesting Paris locations AND is a very charming and restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums.
• Montmartre is a village within Paris: it combines the atmosphere of an ancient village with trendy shops and fabulous restaurants. Many artists and movie stars live in the district.
• As you walk through Montmartre you will pass many winding and picturesque streets with fascinating houses, stairs and wonderful views over Paris. Look for the Montmartre Vineyard, walk to 'Place du Tertre' where artists will offer to draw your portrait and see Picasso’s house and the Salvador Dali museum. Visit the famous Sacre-Coeur Moorish-looking church.
• On the 'Rue des Abbesses' you will discover shops, cafes and clothing stores and in 'Rue Lepic' you will come across the market, wine shops - the cheese shop was rated n° 3 in France – bakeries and charcuteries. It’ll take a few days to select your preferred “café” !!! Walk down to the Moulin Rouge and experience the Paris nightlife.
• On the north side, close to the “Lamarck” metro station is the famous Rue du Poteau Market as well as quaint antique shops.
• The Champs-Elysees is only a ten-minute Metro ride, the Eiffel Tower, Le Marais, Les Halles, and Saint-Germain are all between 15- 20 minutes from Abbesses.
Keywords: montmartre, sacre-coeur, sacre coeur, design, 1 bedroom, flat, apartment, paris, location, best, price, comfortable, perfect, light, calm, unique, charming, value for money, affordable, haussmann, Moulin rouge, galette, safe, painters, artists, Picasso, sky, studio
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed