Halifax House Rental Photos and Description
A unique custom 2 bed 2 bath home on quaint ocean cove
Very unique custom home only minutes from Halifax at the entrance to the Halifax harbour. Watch cruise ships, tankers and whales navigate by the home from one of two decks or through many of the ocean views from inside the home. Located in quaint fishing cove bordering a natural reserve, yet only a 15 minute drive to Halifax - a city full of history, excellent dining, festivals, and a spectacular city waterfront.
Unlike many Nova Scotia ocean front properties, Portuguese Cove, due to its proximity is generally fog free, warm, and sheltered from prevailing winds during the summer months.
Ample hiking, fishing (both ocean and fresh water), beach combing, coastal walks, diving and biking all exist from the front steps.
The house was professionally designed to capture the views. Custom concrete bathrooms and kitchen make this home unique. Hardwood floors, trim, and natural cedar decks and siding complete the look of this contemporary home.
Newly constructed in 2013 this home features all the amenities expected in upscale living
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Why Randy Mugford chose Halifax
- Custom built
- 15 minutes to Halifax
- Cruise ships, whales, ocean vessels, seals, sailboats and tuna can be seen from property
- Natural coastal reserve is a 1 minute walk from property
- Hiking, biking, fishing, diving and coastal walking are favorite pastimes
- Crystal Cresent beach is 10 km away
- 5 golf courses all within a 45 minute drive
- Peggy's Cove 45 minutes away
- Great dining, and night life in Halifax only 15 minutes away
Guestbook comments from the owner
I just wanted to send a quick word of thanks to you for providing such an AMAZING place to stay in Portuguese Cove. Jim and Marsha had such a great time, and Steve and I loved visiting as much as possible. The house is gorgeous, and the cove completely irresistible. It's a hard place to stay away from!