Balmain Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Cottage-style apartment in balmain, NSW
Located in the heart of Balmain - with direct access to Balmain's iconic Darling Street and the vibe of Balmain/Rozelle's great variety of pubs, bars, restaurants, historic buildings, and shopping - this unique architect-designed, 2-storey ground-floor apartment sits in a fully-restored original timber cottage in front of the owners' residence.
It enjoys direct, separate access from Darling Street and a high level of privacy from the residence behind. Measuring a spacious 46m2, it is suitable for travelling singles or couples, business people, as well as institutional or commercial travellers and is available for stays from 3 days to 1 month. It is luxuriously appointed with high-quality inclusions and a bright, eclectic mix of natural materials, colour and modern artwork. Pop out the front gate and you're on Darling Street; pop in the front door and you're in your own private retreat.
* Enter from Darling Street via a rustic timber gate - made from a pair of ancient doors from India - through a purple wall into a tranquil front courtyard edged by a towering screen of bamboo. Up a single sandstone step onto a timber deck where a small table and two chairs beckon you to sit and enjoy a glass of wine once you have settled in.
* A pair of double-glazed french doors beckons entry into a totally restored original workers cottage built in the early 20th century. Inside you walk into a living area with stunning polished timber flooring and walls lined with marine ply, echoing Balmain's stevedoring history.
* Beyond is a generous contemporary red and black galley kitchen with a beautiful marble bench top and lots of appliances and preparation space for those who like to cook.
* Further on the room explodes vertically where a generous circular staircase adjoins a wall of white timber louvres which give access to a luxurious black, white and timber bathroom. Inside is a shower recess with an adjustable rail shower as well as a high-level 'rain' shower, a spacious vanity and Italian toilet
* Walking upstairs beside a wall of glass with glimpses of a peaceful internal courtyard and Japanese maple tree, you disvover a surprisingly large bedroom with queen sized bed, generous wardrobe, luxurious shag-pile carpet and glass desk. Timber-clad walls and sloping ceilings create a cocoon-like effect conducive to a cosy, warm and restful night's sleep.
Once you have settled in, you have easy access to a wide choice of public transport to Sydney's CBD and its wonderful harbour and many great attractions. Or you can stroll historic, picturesque Balmain and its fascinating peninsula through its many harbourside parks, bays and green spaces and sample its truly international cuisine at over 100 restaurants, many of which are within 300 metres of your apartment.
FACILITIES & INCLUSIONS
* private front verandah and courtyard garden with outdoor table and chairs
* large kitchenette with electric induction cooktop, bar fridge, microwave convection oven, toaster, electric kettle, espresso coffee machine
* separate 3-piece bathroom with rail and rain showers, toilet, vanity with mirrored cabinet and hair dryer
* reverse-cycle air conditioning and separate convection heater
* huge, comfortable, quiet bedroom with full-size desk, luxurious shag-pile carpet, large wardrobe, and queen size bed
* digital TV with cable TV service and internet capability
* spacious separate lounge area with comfortable seating and 2-seater dining table
* wide, romantic circular stair between living and sleeping areas with view over internal courtyard
* Wi-Fi available at no additional charge
* all linen, towels, and toiletries are included
* tea, milk, coffee, condiments & breakfast items included (see below under Things To Know)
* public parking is available in Darling Street and surrounding streets
* secure off-street parking is available on site for 1 car at an additional charge of $20 per night (security deposit of $75 required, refundable on return of remote control unit)
* dry cleaning premises operating just across the street and laundrette available a few minutes walk along Darling Street
THINGS TO KNOW
* the apartment is pet-free and is for non-smokers
* guests are encouraged to leave their shoes by the front door and enjoy our luxurious timber floors, woollen rug, and soft shag-pile carpet in the upstairs bedroom
* the apartment will be stocked with milk, teas, espresso coffee capsules, cereal, yoghurt, basic condiments, and fruit sufficient for 3 days accommodation, the cost of which is included in the one-off service charge for cleaning and restocking
* iconic Darling Street, stretching 3km from East Balmain ferry wharf to Victoria Road Rozelle, is alive with a diverse and fascinating range of shops and services offering arts and crafts, jewellery and fashion, galleries and gifts, cafes and restaurants, delis and providores, supermarkets and local markets, pubs and bars, and all manner of services
* historic pubs abound (hailing from Balmain's working-class, ship-building and Dockers background) and offer a great diversity of live music, local characters, hand-crafted beers and great food
* local markets in Balmain, Rozelle, and nearby Lilyfield and Glebe offer a variety of arts and crafts, bric-a-brac, and fresh food
* Elkington Park's historic harbour pool (named after Australia's legendary Olympic swimming champion Dawn Fraser) offers a swim, a coffee, and a sunbake in a unique and idyllic harbourside setting
* Balmain's wonderful choice of harbourside parks, playgrounds, and picnic spots offer world-class views over Sydney's harbour and city and become a mecca for New Year's Eve revellers
* Balmain's new cruise-ship terminal lies within 2 kilometres, with Sydney's word-famous fish markets a further kilometre over the Anzac Bridge
Your apartment has excellent access to most of Sydney's major harbourside and CBD attractions via an extensive public transport network including:
* 50 metre walk to bus route #433 terminating at Sydney's Millers Point (harbour bridge) and historic Rocks precinct, and passing through Glebe and Central Railway Station; or to route #444/445 terminating at East Balmain ferry wharf and serving Leichardt, Lilyfield light rail (light rail access to Pyrmont, Chinatown, Central station, and the inner west), Campsie and Canterbury
* 250 metre walk to route #441/442 terminating at Sydney's Queen Victoria Building (bus/train interchange) and accessing the CBD and the NSW Art Gallery
* 300 metre walk to the Elliot Street ferry wharf accessing ferry services to east Balmain's Long Nose Point and Yurulbin Park, Mort Bay and East Balmain wharves, McMahon's Point and Milson's Point (Luna Park and North Sydney access) & Circular Quay (Opera House, the Rocks, Museum of Contemporary Art, transport interchange and CBD).
Ferries from Mort Bay and East Balmain wharf also provide access to Sydney's lower north shore harbourside suburbs of Greenwich and Woolwich, to Sydney's historic Cockatoo Island - where you can have a cocktail at the Island Bar, stroll through the city's ship-building history, or visit a Biennale exhibit - and to Barangaroo, King Street Wharf, Darling Harbour, Chinatown and Pyrmont.
TARIFFS & DEPOSITS
We have 2 tariffs and 2 exceptions:
* GENERAL applying throughout the year with the exception of the festive season
* FESTIVE applying from December 22 2013 to January 11 2014
* EXCEPTIONS the weekend tariff applies on the nights of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
* We ask for a $250 security deposit per week or part thereof, which is refundable at the end of your stay on the basis that the premises are left in an undamaged/unspoilt condition and all inclusions remain in place
* We also ask for a $75 deposit in the event that you require secure on-site parking. This is refundable on return of the garage remote control unit in good working order
We welcome you to your cottage at our home in wonderful, cosmopolitan Balmain and will do everything possible to help you enjoy your stay as much as we enjoy our life here. In exchange we ask that you treat your cottage with the same care with which we have set it up. You will find your 'guide to your stay' - as well as one or two pleasant surprises - and all the information you require to get the most out of Balmain and its access to beautiful Sydney.