We bought this house for the same reason you're looking at it right now: The pool, the deck and patio, the firepit, the open layout, the bedrooms, the gourmet kitchen the outdoor living spaces for enjoying a cocktail in the evening - and the proximity to pretty much anything and everything you may want to do in the greater Phoenix Metropolitan area.
• The Pool: the pool is a sports pool - perfect for a game of waterball (generic term for the games you, your kids or your grandkids will come up with), swimming, lounging, or enjoying the sun (with the appropriate sunblock protection of course!) Perfect for the summer and heated for the winter - it is perfect all year around.
• Firepit: Smores & more. The firepit has enough seating for 6 (a few more if you include the smaller kids), keeping everybody warm, while also playing a double-role of fully functional marshmallow toaster. And don't worry about the wood supply, it's propane driven!
• Backyard Deck, Porch & Patio: the entire backyard has been paved with Apache Flagstones, providing a perfect balance of desert (fire) and pool (water). Enjoy the pool deck, the patio, and protect yourself from the random 'haboob' under the covered porch. Outdoor lighting draws you outside at night. All the while - the fountain provides the relaxation similar to what you'd feel at a world-class spa.
• Two fireplaces: It doesn't get that cold in Gilbert - but that's not the point. Nothing screams winter like a fireplace. Everybody can enjoy a fire in the family room (under the 46' TV), and those who won the ro-cham-bo contest (aka rock paper scissors) for the master bedroom can enjoy the fire while watching the waterfalls in the pool.
• Media Room: Wii (for 4), Xbox + Kinect, all on a 46' TV - with all the A/V hookups. Send the kids up to play or enjoy watching the latest/greatest movie (which you brought) on the big screen!
• Sleeping Arrangements: Up to 10
· Master Bedroom: a King Size Bed!
· Guest Bedroom: a Queen Size Bed
· Bunkroom: Sleeps 4: The perfect sleep-over like experience (memory foam - the kids will sleep Forever!)
· Office Murphy Bed: Office by day for those of you who can't detach from work (it's okay - the pool needs 48 hours to work it's magic). Guest bedroom by night featuring an out-of-the-way queen-sized Murphy Bed.
o With a Courtyard Marriott-like business center: a printer, computer, and internet! :-)
The little things: you don't want to worry about things that inhibit your vacation. So we've provided you with things that others don't: coffee, tea, hot chocolate, laundry & dish detergent and more. Just Relax!
Pool & Fun Amenities:
• Relaxation rafts
• Pool Toys
• Beach Towels
• Pool security gate available if needed (perfect for the wandering 3-year old! - inquire with owner)
• Dimmable lighting
• Coffee, Laundry detergent, Dishwasher detergent - the type of stuff you wish you had more of when you go on vacation!)
• Hummingbirds galore...they have made our home their home and they are not afraid of humans - get your camera ready.
• Fully Functional Office: Computer, Printer
• Internet & WiFi
• Telephone with free long-distance in the US and Canada
Family Room Amenities:
• 46' TV
• A couch that sits 4 or sleeps 1 (for that afternoon nap)
• Seating for plenty
• Nintendo Wii (two controllers) + Wii Fit!
• Games for the entire family!
• Throw blankets & pillows for a cozy movie night
Dining Room Amenities:
• Big 'Thanksgiving-like' Dining room table
• China hutch with every imaginable cocktail glass known to man
Gourmet Kitchen Amenities
• Fully Equipped Kitchen with halogen cooktop and double convection oven.
• Butcher Block counters
• Coffee Maker (with coffee!)
• Tea Kettle (with tea!)
• Ice Maker
· 4 twins beds
· Individual task-lighting for each bed
· Games, Puzzles & books for kids of all ages
• Master Bedroom
· King-size bed with individualized articulating and massaging mattress
· Nightstands & dresser with bureau
· His & her book collection
· Master Suite bathroom
· Walk-in Closet
· His & her sinks
· Private toilet
• Guest Bedroom
· Queen Size Bed
· Nighstands and queen dresser
· His & her book collection
• 15' x 30' Heated Sports pool
• Firepit (seats 6+)
• Patio Furniture
• Porch Furniture
• Gas Grill
• 2 car Garage
• Laundry room with front-loading washer & dryer
• Walk-in Pantry
• full-size freezer in the garage (perfect for storing extra ice cream or that side of beef from Costco)
• Iron/Ironing Board
• Hair Dryer
• Picnic basket
• Bocce Ball
I am an East Coast transplant that has fully fallen in love with the West. My wife and children and I moved to Gilbert for a job transfer 20 years ago. I am originally from New Jersey and my wife was from Pennsylvania. Our children were born in Maine and grew up in Massachusetts. My daughter ended up going to the University of Arizona which made us look at AZ in the first place. We are so glad she did! I am now retired and, unfortunately, my wife went home to be with the Lord suddenly. So, now I want to spend more time with our grandchildren in Washington and Southern California. But, we still enjoy the house (respite) she created for us in the summer when the grandkids can come and spend time in the pool so I'm not ready to sell yet.
We have so enjoyed our time in this home. We have lived here longer than any other home we have been in...we really have found our 'home' here. Most of our families memories reside here...high school and college graduations, marriages, grandchildren. This home is such easy living...single story, open concept, great backyard for entertaining.
Arizona was very different for us 'East-coasters'. In this house, we found the architecture open and airy and the views to the backyard and pool made us feel like we were always a part of the outside. Right away we loved the openness, the weather, the variety of topography and activities that we could enjoy year-round. We have watched Gilbert grow into a great town with easy access to all that Phoenix has to offer. As we have watched AZ grow, we have enjoyed the upscale resorts, fine dining, and the ease of getting around and enjoying all the cultural aspects of it.
Gilbert is a quaint little town with all the amenities of a well established and growing suburb of Phoenix. Any desired outdoor, sunny activity is within easy reach. The greater Phoenix area has top Broadway shows, fine dining, world class spas, intriguing museums and galleries, professional sports, elite and outlet shopping centers...anything your heart desires. Enjoy all the benefits of a large city while still coming home to a peaceful and quiet getaway.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Property Damage Protection||$69.00|
|Contact owner for consideration and requirements with regards to pets.
Contact owner for rates on longer term rentals.
For additional dates (May - Oct.), contact owner.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.