|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Located less than 3 miles from Wimberley Square, this property is located across the street from the Blanco River. Come pet the horses and look at the animals found on this 50 acre ranch. You will drive about up a tree lined driveway to this 2000 square foot home tucked away among large shady oak trees.
There is a new swimming pool that is shared with 1 other property. The renter can relax in lounge chairs, or go for a dip and cool off on a hot summer day. The pool is nestled in among a small grove of trees if you prefer to hide in the shade, or simply read a book and watch the kids play in the sun.
Just up the street is the Corral Theater (outdoor movie theater), Blue Hole, and the Wimberley Theatre.
Just wanted to drop you a quick note of thanks for your suggestion to rent both Cedar Creek & Horse Creek cottages, everything went well & all of the guests loved the property. We had a wonderful wedding & I know that there were a few first time visitors to Wimberley who are already making plans to return.
My wife, 3 yr old, 1 yr old and I stayed here for about 3 nights. Some notes:
- I felt comfortable letting my kids wander around the house. For those with young ones: there were a couple electrical outlets with the covers coming off. There are also a couple places in the home where there is a single step.
- They had a TV, DVD player and some DVDs. It all worked fine.
- There is a great outdoor eating area with a huge table and a regular size picnic table.
- The pool was very clean.
- It's a short drive (7 mins or so) from the property to "downtown" Wimberly. There is also a grocery store not to far away.
- We saw horses, cows and donkeys (or mules... not sure) on adjacent properties. The kids enjoyed that.
- It house itself was clean with the exception of some very dusty surfaces and the inside of the dish washer. Neither was a huge deal for me but not having to deal with those would have contributed to a 5 start rating.
- This house is on the same property as another VRBO listing. They are separated by a 30-40 ft walkway.
- There is a large trampoline on the property.
- There is a window in the master shower. When you look out you see the yard and then the other house on the property. That would have been weird if the other house was occupied but it was not.
Not what I expected. We rented during the holidays and there was not a single decoration. Adding that would make you feel welcome and at home. Wood fire place, but not a single log to welcome you. Website states there's a dvd ( there's none), cable ( working very poorly with limited channels and control remote not programmed). Kitchen is lacking utensils, only one cutting knife and it doesn't work, no bottle wine opener. Limited on linens (bring your own towels). Smells dirty and old. It looks like the owners have never stepped foot there or have even tried to spend one night to see what's needed. Dishwasher has not been attached. It definitely needs some tender loving care, and it could have great potential. Scenery was gorgeous.
Everything was very nice only thing missing was some additional pots and pans for a big family cooking pasta etc. and the hot tub intakes looked dirty, otherwise a good good getaway.
the house was neat and clean, with a large master suite. It was comfortable, well furnished, and the surroundings were lovely. The lack of cell phone service was a surprise, though, as we tend to take it for granted. I do feel this should have been mentioned in the description and the rental agreement. we had to walk down the road a quarter mile to pick up service. Also the clothes washer was broken when we were there. The property itself was just great, but I suggest prospective tenants check with the agent on these two things before making a final decision.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 27 2014 - Dec 24 2015
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Damage Waiver||$45 + Tax|
|Cleaning Fee||$85 + Tax|
|Pet Fee||$25 + Tax|
3 night minimum & peak rate applies to major holidays and spring break.
A deposit equal to one night lodging is required at time of reservation. Your balance due will be charged 30 days before arrival.
All major credit cards are accepted. Cancellations: Reservations cancelled 30 days or more prior to your arrival date are fully refundable less a $50.00 service fee. If you should cancel your reservation less than 30 days of your expected arrival, your payment will be refunded to you less a $50.00 service fee if, and only if, the property you reserved is rebooked for the same dates.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: