Welcome to Pine Point Cabin. Located in central Maine on 5 wooded acres. This rustic cottage remains much as it was more than 100 years ago when it was first built.
Loons will lull you to sleep with their haunting calls or maybe it’s the rhythm of water pushing against rocks that will be the last thing you hear before nodding off. Wake to the brilliantly-bright, early-morning sunrises or sleep until noon - as you please. Star filled nights end days that are dotted with ospreys, song birds and even soaring bald eagles. This is nature at its finest. Whether you choose to be an observer or participant, the hope is that you find rest, serenity and a part of yourself that welcomes being nurtured by nature.
Pine Point is:
1 hour's drive from Bangor
less than an hour to the entrance to Baxter State Park,
2 hours from Bar Harbor
3.5 hours from Portland, ME
5 hours from Boston
about an hour to the Canadian border
5-hour drive to Nova Scotia
Day trips to the coast of Maine, Mt. Katahdin or into Canada are doable from this central location.
Pine Point has been in the Webster family since 1942.
Only 7 weeks will be rented in the 2014 season.
Keywords: rustic cabin, private as well as secluded, ideal for writers and artists, photo opportunities with wildlife, perfect for a couple, wonderful location for a personal retreat where stillness abounds.
Pine Point is owned by sisters who grew up in Lincoln, one of whom still resides there and will be your hostess during your stay. The picture above is of our grandmother fishing on the lake in the early 1950s.
Our grandfather and grandmother bought the camp from the Holmes family in 1942. The story goes that our uncle Bob and his chums from Yale came up to Maine to help build the wraparound porch which face the lake on 2 sides. Later a kitchen was added and then our parents added a spacious bathroom with shower to complete the seasonal cottage.
Pine Point is about the most peaceful place on the planet. The lake is quiet with few motor boats to disturb the calm. It looks onto Mt. Katahdin from the front and a beautiful cove home to bald eagles. White birches line the drive and shore and the forest floor is an accumulation of endless seasons of pine needle spills giving it a spongy feel underfoot.
We grew up going to Pine Point for a day or a picnic, and our own children now know that it's a second home away from the business of their lives. There were even stairs built to get to the top of one giant boulder so that a young child with limited mobility could have the feeling of adventure that climbing rocks can bring.
* The original cabin has a newly updated and spacious bathroom with a shower stall and a fully-stocked kitchen.
* When needed, it is heated by a wood stove and electric heat.
* This cabin has great historical significance as it was owned by Ernest Holmes' family prior to being purchased by our grandparents in 1942. Ernest Holmes was a native of Lincoln and the founder of the Centers for Spiritual Living [formerly known as Religious Science] - one of the great thinkers of the 20th century. For more information about this link to the past and for more photos of Pine Point, see the website listed below.
* We know how discouraging it can be to travel for vacation and then have to do something mundane like grocery shop, so we have offered an grocery shopping option for anyone who wants to arrive to a fully-stocked kitchen and refrigerator. We will buy local and organic where available, and the total cost of stocking the cottage is 15% of the total grocery bill.
* Information about local Maine Guides for fishing and hiking is available. Some are relatives with lots of knowledge about the area.
rocky waterfront swimming, canoe, paddleboat, paddles and life jackets, space to put kayaks and canoe in water, simple, local restaurants within 2 miles, grocery shopping for guests is an option, plenty of movies to watch without the bother of tv, ideal for writers and artists, list of local Maine Guides for fishing and hiking available upon request.
2 kayaks, 1 canoe, 1 paddleboat, paddles and life preservers are provided.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
|Preference given to Saturday to Saturday, 7-night stays.
Occasionally a stay with fewer than 7 nights is workable.
Pine Point is only rented 7 weeks per year, and currently 4 available weeks remain for the 2014 season.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.