The Flat at Library Court is a rowhouse in the historic district with a completely renovated interior and all new furnishings decorated with Washington D.C. flair. You’ll enjoy expansive views of the stately Library of Congress, which is directly across the street. The house backs to Library Court, a 300 year old historic cobblestone street built in the days of horse-drawn buggies.
Why you can’t beat our location: Capitol Hill is a historic residential neighborhood that stretches from the U.S. Capitol, and Pennsylvania Ave, the main corridor, emanates from the Capitol beginning at 2nd Street. We are one block away on 3rd St – the first residential block from the Capitol. The further you get (4th Street, 5th, 6th and so on), the less desirable and less safe the areas become, and the longer your walk to the sites. This is truly as good and as close as it gets! Don’t talk yourself into staying blocks away…
• 1 Block or Less: U.S. Supreme Court, Library of Congress (across the street), Folger (Shakespeare) Theatre
• Within 2 to 3 blocks: U.S. Capitol, U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Cannon House Office Building, Capitol Mall, U.S. Botanical Garden, South Capital Metro station.
• Tour Bus: The Circulator Tour Bus picks up one block away but most of what you’ll want to see is within a short walk.
• Dining 1 Block or Less: We the Pizza; Good Stuff Eatery (President Obama’s favorite hamburger), Cosi (sandwiches, soups and salads), Starbucks, Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar, Hunan Dynasty, Hawk N Dove; Capitol Hill Liquor and Deli
• Stores 1-2 Blocks: Corner Market Grocery Store, Grubb’s Care Pharmacy, Gandel’s Liquor, Riverby Books.
The Courtyard Apartment
The Courtyard Apartment of the Flat at Library Court is a two story unit with 3 bedrooms and 3 ½ bathrooms, a private courtyard and expansive views of the stately Library of Congress. The kitchen is fully stocked and the unit has wi-fi, cable TV and central air conditioning/heat.
• Main Level: On the main level, you’ll find an expansive kitchen/great room with views of the Library of Congress. The kitchen is fully equipped and has a breakfast bar and large dining table and it opens to the living room with a sleeper sofa and flat screen TV. Behind the great room is a half bathroom, washer and drier, and a master suite with a king size bed and full bathroom, including a tub. The hallway provides access to the private courtyard for relaxation after a busy day of touring the Capitol and quiet al fresco dining; it backs to the historic cobblestone court.
• Lower Level: On the lower level, there are two bedrooms and two full bathrooms: one bedroom has a queen size bed and its own bathroom and the third bedroom has two twin beds and full bath.
DESCRIPTION OF NEIGHBORHOOD:
Capitol Hill is the largest historic residential neighborhood in Washington D.C., stretching easterly in front of the United States Capitol along wide avenues. It is one of the oldest residential communities in Washington D.C.
As a geographic feature, Capitol Hill rises near the center of the District of Columbia and extends eastward. The Capitol Hill neighborhood today straddles two quadrants of the city, Southeast and Northeast, and a large portion is now designated as the Capitol Hill historic district. The name Capitol Hill is often used to refer to both the historic district and to the larger neighborhood around it.
Capitol Hill's landmarks include not only the United States Capitol, but also the Senate and House office buildings, the Supreme Court building, the Library of Congress, the Marine Barracks, the Washington Navy Yard, and Congressional Cemetery.
The main non-residential corridor of Capitol Hill is Pennsylvania Avenue, a lively commercial street with shops, restaurants and bars. Eastern Market is an 1873 public market on 7th Street SE, where vendors sell fresh meat and produce in indoor stalls and at outdoor farmers' stands. It is also the site of an outdoor flea market every weekend
Bob and Kaye Finn are the reservation and web site managers for this property. Bob is a retired District Judge from Nebraska and Kaye is retired from Nebraska Public Power District.
This property has been completely remodeled from top to bottom with all new plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning and new furnishings.
The location of this property is what makes it unique. It couldn't be more perfect for visitors to Washington, DC, Government personnel visiting and others wishing to experience the Nations Capital..
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: