Apartment ideally located, nearby the Casino Park Hotel and St. Catherine's Park, in an exclusive condominium, on a most desirable and expensive area to live, close to the center of Funchal.
The apartment is very comfortable and furnished to a very high standard, fully equipped for your every need to enable you to have a relaxing holiday and feel yourself at home.
The property has a beautiful garden, it's served by two lifts and has a secured underground private garage with space for one car.
Concerning the apartment, it has a comfortable and pretty living room, with cable LCD TV ( Sky News; BBC World; Live CNN; EuroSport; Travel; Discovery; Odisseia; History; Fox Life; Bio; RTL; TV5 Monde...) and a very pleasant view to the garden.
The master bedroom offers the same relaxing view.
Both rooms are served with a balcony.
A second small bedroom is available, with another view to the garden, where you can use a day bed and is served by a private bathroom. Another bathroom is also available, side by side with the master bedroom and the living room.
A small, but complete, kitchen has all you need to provide meals.
The apartment is very central and near everything. You really don't need a car to explore and visit the entire city.
Conveniently located, within a walking distance to all the services and facilities, such as the shopping center, the well-known cafes, bars, clubs, restaurants and the yachting Marina, museums, theater, cathedral and nearby the best hotels in town, the Casino and St. Catherine's Park, from where one can have a stunning view of the southern slope of the island, down to the harbour.
Located between the city's commercial center and the lido tourist zone, the apartment is a short walking distance to the marina and harbour and to the famous sea front 'Promenade' and sea water swimming pools, with its direct access to the ocean.
This apartment has an easy access to the main roads of the island and, therefore, an excellent capability as a base to discover the whole island.
Known as the Pearl of the Atlantic Ocean, Madeira Island is a floating garden located 500 Km off the African coast and approximately 1000 Km from the European Continent, this archipelago is formed by the islands of Madeira (741 Km2 - 57 Km long by 22 Km wide), Porto Santo (42,17 Km2), Desertas and Selvagens, these last two uninhabited.
The climate is mild all over the year, with Summer temperatures between 25º/28º during the day and between 21º/24º at night. During the Winter, day temperatures change between 18º/21º and at night, between 13º/16º.
Due to the influence of the hot Golf Stream, sea water temperature is around 22º C in the Summer, gradually cooling to 18º C by late Winter.
The population of Madeira Island is about 245.000 inhabitants, and in Porto Santo is about 4500.
To visit all the interesting places in Madeira you need, at least, two weeks, but if you only have one week to stay, let us give you a few worth mentioning information, not to miss these places:
- The highest peaks of Madeira - Pico Ruivo (1.862 m), Pico das Torres (1.851 m) and Pico do Areeiro (1.818 m).
- Camacha, about 20 minutes driving from Funchal, to appreciate the centre of the Wicker industry, with a large variety of products, in size and shape. A good place to buy some gifts.
- Santana's typical thatched triangular houses, one of the symbols of Madeira. I also recommend a visit to the Madeira Thematic Park, dedicated to the history and culture of Madeira.
Only a short distance from Santana you will find Queimadas, the starting point for one of Madeira´s most spectacular 'levada walks' towards 'Caldeirão Verde' (the green cauldron). Reserve half a day for a walk.
- The various footpaths along more than 200 'levadas' (1400 Km of water irrigation canals) allow healthy walks in the interior of the island and are also a must for nature lovers, that will lead you to the Laurissilva forest, classed as World Natural Heritage by UNESCO.
- The belvedere of Eira do Serrado, which has a magnificent view over Curral das Freiras village, located in a deep valley. A truly fantastic breathtaking scene!
- Cabo Girão, the highest promontory in Europe and the second highest in the world.
- Not far away, the Calheta village's sugar cane mill, one of the three sugar cane mills still working in Madeira. There you are invited to savour the traditional molasses cake (honey cake), accompanied by a 'poncha' (the most famous Madeira's liquor).
- If you have never visited a volcanism centre, you have this opportunity visiting São Vicente´s famous volcanic caves.
- Last but not least, if you still have the time, go to the other populated island of the archipelago - Porto Santo - and spend a whole day there. The maritime connection is made from Funchal port by 'Lobo Marinho' ferry, which makes the journey between the two islands in about two hours and a half.
This island is known for its magnificent 9 km stretch of beach, with fine yellow sand of therapeutic properties.
Madeira's economic activities at present are the tourism, which is the major economic sector, added to the famous Madeira Wine production, the island's colorful flowers and fine traditional handy craft and craft work (embroideries and wicker works).
Therefore, the wine cellars and embroidery factories, at the center of Funchal, are a must.
Cultural and environmental factors have made walking or hiking one of Madeira's most traditional and popular open air activities.
If you like active holidays, very close to the apartment you have a tourist office, offering the opportunity of booking all kind of programs and tours you can choose, such as trekking, climbing, canyoning, Jeep safaris,
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Mar 1 2014 - May 31 2014
Jun 1 2014 - Sep 30 2014
|50% upon booking and the remaining 50% untill 6 weeks prior occupancy.|
|Rates based on 2 persons occupancy. For each person more, 10€ per night is charged aditionally.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.