|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Enjoy our quaint country house in the Hudson Valley for a scenic weekend - $450 per night (minimum two nights), or a full week for $1,800. One week minimum stay during the summer months. West Point Graduation 2015 and 2016 are not available.
This is a three bedroom home (sleeps 8) two bath, deck, fireplace and outdoor hot tub with partial views of the Hudson River and surrounding highlands. Located within Manitoga Nature Preserve, 5 minute drive to train, 15 minute drive to West Point. Pets ok. Please NO smoking in the house. See more pictures in the link below.
Here is your perfect getaway retreat. Surrounded by a private nature preserve forest , the Adirondak styled house makes a perfect four season get away. It is just an hour away by car or train from New York City (5 minutes by car to the Garrison train station). The two story cape style farm house sits overlooking a grassy meadow. Step out to the deck through the glass doors from the sun room (surrounded on three sides with floor to ceiling glass), and relax inside, or out. Cook up some steaks on the barbeque, enjoy the forest scenery from the outdoor hot tub with a glass of wine, or go for a walk on the many nature trails which connect you to the famous Appalachian trail. Lots to do in the neighborhood, antique shopping in Cold Spring, visit West Point Military Academy, explore many historical revolutionary war fortifications, spend a day on the many lakes, and of course the Hudson River (partially viewable from the deck). Cook hot dogs in the backyard fire pit overlooking the pond. Bring your laptop, excellent WIFI available, plus cable TV on two large screen tvs. This is our full time home, not an empty rental house, so you will find a well equipped kitchen and anything else you may need for a comfortable stay.
Keywords: country home rural cottage
We've lived in and enjoyed this country home for many years. Every season is a delightful change here. Now we have the opportunity to travel and spend time in other places. So, we're making the home available on a limited basis.
The Owner purchased this house in 1984
I commuted to manhattan for 20 years on the train. I've always loved the train ride up and down the Hudson River. The transition is astounding, coming from a country road through the forest to that amazing city in about an hour was incredible. We visit New York City often, its very accessible by train or car whenever we want it.
Great hiking and biking in the area. Trails lead directly from the house which is surrounded by a nature preserve. Antique hunting is fabulous in Cold Spring, also enjoy walks there along the Hudson River.
My fiance and I rented this house with two other couples for three nights over New Year's, and we had a great time. It's perfect for a winter getaway. We made a lot of use of the fireplace and hot tub, and we had a nice hike on a nearby trail. We'd definitely like to come back.
What a great getaway in a secluded country home. Not another house within sight through the forrest, beautiful meadow view from the living room. We found it all very inviting and can't speak enough about this property.
My husband & I have rented this cozy cottage 3 years in a row for West Point's homecoming weekend each fall! Great location, very quiet, safe area, close to the train station as well. Convenient to Garrison, Cold Springs and West Point. Cottage is full of charm & character and boasts of the owner's family travels. There is plenty of room in the fridge for groceries & drinks... And since we were traveling from out of state, the owner was nice enough to allow us to use her linens! Staying in this cottage is like staying at your favorite Aunt's house! Do explore the USMA and the small towns on the Hudson River. Very charming!
We rented the home for the weekend. It just so happens that I own a company that designs and manages vacation homes. It is our policy to qualify homes routinely.
There are some things you should know before deciding to stay in this home.
1. Linens - We were not informed to bring linens and towels until a few days before arrival.
2. Storage - When we arrived, there was a car parked in one of the parking areas. We thought it possibly belonged to the owner or manager. The door was unlocked when we arrived so we announced ourselves before entering. Having not heard from anyone we proceeded to enter the home. We went to the coat closet to hang our coats and discovered the closet was full of personal items of clothing. At this point, we were convinced there has been a double booking. We proceeded to the bedrooms to check the drawers and they were full. We called the owner (Kay) and told her that we felt someone had double booked us. We reported the car in the parking area and the house full of personal items. She informed us that the items and the car belong to her and her family. It turns out they do not move their items out of the home when renting for the weekends. This includes the refrigerator and freezer. We were told "we expect guests to live out of their suitcases".This is not listed on the on the site and if it were, we would have made other accommodations.
3. Furniture - The photos of this home must be from a few years back. The furniture in the home is showing many years of wear. We love the charm of the aged furniture, but there was not one piece of furniture that was comfortable. This had a large impact on our stay.
4. Beds - The beds were very uncomfortable. Some of the beds did not have a mattress protector. there were no pillow protectors and the pillows are stained yellow. the beds also are very noisy.
5.window treatments - The bedroom top left did not have any window shades. There was hardware, but not shade or drapes. Glad that was not my room. we had shades.
6. Odor - the home is in the country and has a strong musty odor of mildew.
7. TV - We arrived and chose the room with the TV. Did not work.
8. No security - You cannot lock the front door when you leave the home. The owner does not provide a key.
We would not return to this home for this primary reason.
9. no front light
The area is wonderful and we loved exploring! Be sure to check out Cold Springs and Rhinebeck. The town has great restaurants and shopping.
Our family, including a toddler and 92 year old great grandmother, spent Easter weekend at this wonderful home. The location is spectacular! We made ourselves right at home with a cozy fire, a well equipped kitchen, and comfy beds. We enjoyed nearby Cold Spring and a bit of hiking, but could have used a week to explore all the nearby attractions. The hosts were welcoming and accommodating. A great find in the beautiful Hudson Valley.
My wife and I as well as a few close friends spent the weekend in this wonderful house in Garrison, NY. A one-hour drive from NYC, the house was charming, well-kept, and well-equipped for a relaxing weekend. The deck and hot tub were ideal for unwinding after an afternoon of hiking (at one of the several nearby trails). The owners were very easy to work with and I would definitely consider coming back for another weekend.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.