Experience the serenity and beauty of the mountains from our country lake house. The house sits on a hilltop, 300 feet from the shoreline, on just shy of 1.5 acres of beautiful lawns. Walk down to the lake and enjoy your own private dock. Rental includes use of kayak, row boat (perfect for fishing) and canoe. Our lake front boasts a large dock, with hand railed stairs leading into the water. The lake has a gradual decline from the shore and a gravel bottom (no swimming in weeds here). Enjoy water sports or just sit in one of our comfortable Adirondack chairs, read a book or take in the beautiful scenery. The afternoon is a wonderful time to go for a swim as the dock is drenched in the warmth of the sun. And after your late afternoon swim, enjoy the beautiful sunset.
The home features open concept living: a living room with wood burning fireplace, adjacent dining room with table (seats six comfortably!), open kitchen boasting large counter with stools - a popular place to sit and speak with the cook! Just off the dining room is a 3-season room with large windows overlooking the back of the property. To round out the first floor there is a bedroom (queen size bed), a three piece bathroom and a laundry room. The second floor offer two bedrooms (a total of three twin beds), a full bath and a loft with a love seat - perfect for reading or watching a video.
Drive a short distance to enjoy Americana - small, quaint, welcoming towns and farms selling locally grown produce. Explore a cave at Howe Caverns or the Iroquois Museum in Cobleskill. For a more physically active experience drive to the Windham Adventure Park. There is much to see and do in the area - we will help guide you, so you can get the most out of your stay.
September and October are the time to enjoy warm days, cool nights and beautiful foliage in the mountains. Go pumpkin or apple picking in the Schoharie Valley. On cool days you can still enjoy the warmth of the sun in our backyard - the ridge we are on protects you from the wind. And in the evening enjoy the warmth of the fire at our outdoor firepit.
Water Park: Zoom Flume, East Durham; www.zoomflume.com
Zoo: Bailiwick ranch, Catskill; www.bailiwickranch.com/zoo
Trail rides: horses or pony rides for young children (Bailiwick ranch, Catskill; www.bailiwickranch.com)
Cave Tour/Adventure Park: Howe Caverns, Howe Caves (howecaverns.com): Cave Tours, Zipline, Rock wall, Air Jumper, H2OGO Balls, Ropes Course
• Partridge Run Wildlife Management area (www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/86068): 4500 acres of upland and wetland habitat for outdoor recreation including fishing, birding, hiking, hunting, skiing
• Huyck Preserve, Rensselaerville(www.huyckpreserve.org): marked, easy trails through woods, by streams and lake Myosotis
• Vromans Nose, Middleburgh (www.localhikes.com/Hikes/Vromans_Nose_0160.asp): easy, short hike (1.5 miles round trip) offers stunning views of Schoharie Valley
• Thatcher State Park, Voorheesville: situated along the Helderberg Escarpment, one of the richest fossil-bearing formations in the world. Even as it safeguards six miles of limestone cliff-face, rock-strewn slopes, woodland and open fields, the park provides a marvelous panorama of the Hudson-Mohawk Valleys and the Adirondack and Green Mountains. The park has volleyball courts, playgrounds, ball fields and numerous picnic areas with nine reservable shelters. Interpretive programs are offered year-round, including guided tours of the famous Indian Ladder Trail. There are over twelve additional miles of trails for summer hiking and mountain biking.
• Rensselaerville Cycling Festival (http://www.rensselaervillecycling.com/)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.