The Flat at Library Court is a row house in the historic district with a completely renovated interior and all new furnishings decorated with Washington D.C. flair. You’ll enjoy expansive views of the stately Library of Congress, which is directly across the street. The house backs to Library Court, a 300 year old historic cobblestone street built in the days of horse-drawn buggies.
Why you can’t beat our location: Capitol Hill is a historic residential neighborhood that stretches from the U.S. Capitol, and Pennsylvania Ave, the main corridor, emanates from the Capitol beginning at 2nd Street. We are one block away on 3rd St – the first residential block from the Capitol. The further you get (4th Street, 5th, 6th and so on), the less desirable and less safe the areas become, and the longer your walk to the sites. This is truly as good and as close as it gets! Don’t talk yourself into staying blocks away…
• 1 Block or Less: U.S. Supreme Court, Library of Congress (across the street), Folger (Shakespeare) Theatre
• Within 2 to 3 blocks: U.S. Capitol, U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Cannon House Office Building, Capitol Mall, U.S. Botanical Garden, South Capital Metro station.
• Tour Bus: The Circulator Tour Bus picks up one block away but most of what you’ll want to see is within a short walk.
• Dining 1 Block or Less: We the Pizza; Good Stuff Eatery (President Obama’s favorite hamburger), Cosi (sandwiches, soups and salads), Starbucks, Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar, Hunan Dynasty, Hawk N Dove; Capitol Hill Liquor and Deli
• Stores 1-2 Blocks: Corner Market Grocery Store, Grubb’s Care Pharmacy, Gandel’s Liquor, Riverby Books.
The Penthouse Apartment
Up a flight of stairs, you will enter the Penthouse Apartment of the Flat at Library Court. This two story unit has 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and expansive views of the stately Library of Congress. The kitchen is fully stocked and the unit has wi-fi, cable TV and central air conditioning/heat.
DESCRIPTION OF NEIGHBORHOOD:
Capitol Hill is the largest historic residential neighborhood in Washington D.C., stretching easterly in front of the United States Capitol along wide avenues. It is one of the oldest residential communities in Washington D.C.
As a geographic feature, Capitol Hill rises near the center of the District of Columbia and extends eastward. The Capitol Hill neighborhood today straddles two quadrants of the city, Southeast and Northeast, and a large portion is now designated as the Capitol Hill historic district. The name Capitol Hill is often used to refer to both the historic district and to the larger neighborhood around it.
Capitol Hill's landmarks include not only the United States Capitol, but also the Senate and House office buildings, the Supreme Court building, the Library of Congress, the Marine Barracks, the Washington Navy Yard, and Congressional Cemetery.
The main non-residential corridor of Capitol Hill is Pennsylvania Avenue, a lively commercial street with shops, restaurants and bars. Eastern Market is an 1873 public market on 7th Street SE, where vendors sell fresh meat and produce in indoor stalls and at outdoor farmers' stands. It is also the site of an outdoor flea market every weekend
Bob and Kaye Finn are the reservation and web site managers for this property. Bob is a retired District Judge from Nebraska and Kaye is retired from Nebraska Public Power District.
This property served as a parsonage for many years until it was sold in 2012. The house is being completely renovated.
The location of this property is what makes it unique. It couldn't be more perfect for visitors to Washington, DC, Government personnel visiting and others wishing to experience the Nations Capital..
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Checkout is 11:00 AM and Check-in is 3:00 PM|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: