Cross the bridge to this beautiful, custom-designed lake cabin complete with everything you need for a fun-filled north woods vacation, extended family gathering, sportsman’s outing or friends retreat any time of the year. Escape to Bear Point--a bridge-accessible 4+ acre secluded island on 1400 acre Little Boy Lake. The one-of-a-kind large cabin features a light and airy open plan with soaring cathedral ceilings, 2-story split-stone gas fireplace and huge windows—affording spectacular views of sunrises on the lake and wonderful light throughout the day. Private dock, sandy beach, a selection of watercraft and lots of nearby recreation make this a perfect choice for your getaway.
• Nestled among the cedars and basswood on the island’s highest point with southeast lake exposure; accessible via 340-foot engineered bridge
• Quality construction and materials: western red cedar finished and rough-hewn paneling, northern white cedar trim and trunk posts from the property
• Open design with lake views from every window
• Insulated throughout for quiet and energy efficiency
• Professional chef owner-designed kitchen with custom-built hickory cabinets
o Side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with filtered water and ice dispensing
o Gas range with standard and convection oven
o 2 coffee-makers
o Toaster and electric pizza oven
o Fully stocked dishes, glassware, utensils, pans
• Sleeps up to 18: 6 bedrooms: main floor King Suite with cathedral ceiling, 2 upper queen bedrooms
The 'Bear Den' is the lower level suite and has 2 double-bunks in 1 bedroom with a King Size bed in the second bedroom
Main level den with queen-size pull-out and sleeping loft with trundle-portable crib on main level and can be used in various rooms
• Interior features beautiful native cedar logs harvested from the land, wide plank center-cut Douglas Fir reclaimed floor, in-floor-heated tiled areas
• Central air
• Washer & dryer
• 16 x 16 deck with large table and gas grill
• Games and book library
• Complimentary S’more fixings and popcorn
• Free wi-fi and satellite TV
• Pet friendly, with air purification
The Lake and Property
• At edge of Chippewa National Forest and situated on one of the area’s finest lake chains, 1400-acre Little Boy Lake is spring-fed and crystal clear
• One of the state’s top 100 walleye lakes, also excellent for Muskie, northern pike, perch, crappies; fishing rods available for use
• Picnic table on platform and fire pit; lawn chairs
• Private dock and sandy beach with available watercraft: 20’ pontoon with oversized motor for tubing, paddle boat, canoe, kayak, motorized fishing boat, tube, bikes
• Gas and bait shop on lake at nearby Little Boy resort
• Expert fishing guide service available
• Many public access lakes in vicinity
• Fish house available for winter ice fishing
• Abundant wildlife—bald eagles, nesting loons, mallards and wood ducks, hummingbirds, owls, deer, otter, beaver, gray and red fox, blue herons, swans
• Wild raspberries; wild rice grows along the lakeshore
Local Area Attractions
• Longville is the turtle racing capital of the world – featuring turtle races every Wednesday June through August
• Festivals all summer long at nearby recreational centers – Longville, Nisswa, Walker, Brainard, Crosby
• Golf within 5 miles; many fine courses nearby
• Many area trails for hiking, biking and mountain biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling
• 4 miles to Longville—coffee shop, groceries, ice cream and pizza parlor, gas, bait shops, hardware, gift shops and boutiques
• 25 minutes to Walker and Leech Lake—water slide park, restaurants, boat charters
• 45 minutes to Nisswa and Pequot Lakes area
• 185 miles from Twin Cities (3-1/2 hours)
• 1 hour to Grand Rapids or Brainerd
• 1 hour to Itasca State Park-Mississippi River Headwaters
• 20 miles to Paul Bunyan state bike trail
Keywords: Private island with 4,000 feet of wilderness lakeshore and a modern housekeeping cabin with all the amenities-for more about Bear Point, go to our website at www.bearpointisland.com
My wife Paula and I vacationed with our family in the Longville area for 15 years before discovering this beautiful property on Little Boy Lake, our favorite lake in the area. I am a chef, and my wife is a physical education teacher, so we needed to keep both of our 'hobbies' in mind when building. lots of room for cooking and dining, as well as all the recreation that you could want from fishing, biking, golf, boating, canoeing, kayaking (Paula's favoite activity at the lake), and of course just relaxing on the deck with freinds and a glass of wine. It is our goal that you enjoy Bear Point as much as we do, and invite you to have as much fun and enjoyment on Little Boy Lake as we have discovered over the years since building the Cabin at Bear Point.
Enjoy your virtual tour of Bear Point.
Thanks for visiting!
Doug & Paula Oaks
Little Boy is a beautiful lake that is off the beaten trail and has a reputation as a quiet and secluded lake. It is private, yet only 5 minutes to town, with easy access to any necessities that you might require from bait and gas to restaurants and gift shops. You are about 90 minutes from Itasca State park, and the source of the Mississippi River.
Rustic privacy with all the modern amenities is the best description of Bear Point Island. While enjoying the seclusion, you can feel secure in the fact that you are never more than a few minutes away from whatever you might need including, groceries, coffee shop, bait & tackle stores, boat & motor service, golf, movie theatre, state parks, and many other outdoor activities.
Tournament Musky fishing lake, Minnesota top 100 Walleye lakes, great panfishing for kids,
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.