Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d’oeuvres and wine or sparkling cider, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in Monterey, tickets for a Scheid Winery tasting in Carmel-by-the-Sea and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is available to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush bathrobes and oversized towels.
The entry hall wends around a corner and opens to a great room that comprises the living room and kitchen. A soothing neutral palette of gray, taupe, and sand and off white, with accents of robin's egg blue, mustard and rust, weaves throughout the apartment, giving it a calming unity.
The living room, which has rattan shades on floor-to-ceiling windows, faces west and opens out to a long, narrow balcony partially framed in glass that runs along two sides of the apartment. The balcony is furnished with 2 teak chairs and a section of petrified wood from a tree trunk that serves as an occasional table to hold your late afternoon aperitifs while you relax and watch the colors change in the sky at sunset. The living room is bathed in soft coastal light from windows built into an elevated cupola in the ceiling. Furnishings include a cozy taupe sofa, metal and unfinished wood coffee table, two rattan chairs with upholstered cushions, a dark wood bureau console and a 56” flat-screen TV.
The gorgeous chef's dream kitchen has glossy ivory cabinets, muted taupe-colored granite counter-tops, stainless steel appliances including a side-by-side refrigerator, gas range, dishwasher and microwave, and a long island that contains the sink. Contemporary wood, metal and rattan stools allow loved ones to cozy up to the island to entertain the chef or help with meal prep. Enjoy your gourmet meals at a round table that can seat 4 in the corner of the living room.
The spacious master bedroom features a king bed with rattan headboard and a brown, gray and blue patterned comforter, a handsome whitewashed wood dresser and matching bedside cabinets, glass table lamps with metal trim, a rattan chair, and a flat-screen TV. Step out through French doors to the balcony and breathe in the fresh ocean breezes first thing in the morning before you start your day. End the day by relaxing in the deep soaking tub seated in granite in the gorgeous tiled master bath and gaze at the stars through the skylight. The bathroom has a contemporary feel with a square porcelain sink, pewter fixtures and sand-colored tiles throughout ornamented with a harlequin pattern of taupe and sand diamond-shaped tiles over the tub.
A second bedroom features a queen bed with built-in units beneath it containing wicker baskets for clothing storage, a white dresser, a blue distressed wood bedside table, a metal table and standing lamps and a flat-screened TV. A second bathroom, also with gleaming sand-colored tile and a contemporary feel, has a shower with a glass door.
Underground parking is available for one car.
When you feel like you do want to venture out, the fascinating communities of Pacific Grove (with its Victorian charm), Monterey (with his old California history) and Pebble Beach (with its world-class golf courses) are within a 10-minute drive. The wine tasting of Carmel Valley is 20 minutes away. Big Sur is a breathtaking 40-minute drive.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
**Rates are based on up to 4 guests (including infants & children). For 5 guests (5th guest must be a child), add $200 per month for 5th guest. (Note 5 guests, including children, is the maximum).
*1 month minimum rental requirement per City of Carmel. May be rented for 14-21 days or less with an exclusive right to property 30 day prorated contract. Please ask for rates.
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest.
* Non-refundable exit cleaning fee $400. You will also be required to have one mid-stay cleaning during your stay at a cost to you not to exceed $25/hour that you will arrange at a mutually convenient time with the vacation house manager assigned to your stay. This payment is over and above the contractual amount agreed to in your original contract. Additional cleanings are available upon request at the rate stated in this paragraph.
* Security deposit of $1,000 is required.
* In addition to the security deposit, Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver Fee of $100 (covers the second $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect).
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages. The credit card would be charged for any damages not covered by the $1,000 security deposit or the $1,000 coverage of the Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver Fee.
* Pets might be considered but are at the sole discretion of the owner of the property. if allowed, the fee would be $100 for one dog. No more than 1 dog would be considered.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full and our office has been provided with a valid credit card number as security against damages.