|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Charming Direct Oceanfront Home. Looks like it's 'Straight out of Pottery Barn' - Crisp white linens. Bead board wainscot. Soft beach colors. And cool stone floors. Totally renovated in Aug 2012.
Located just 5 minutes from Historic Downtown St Augustine on the 'Best Section' of beach. Loads of activities within walking distance. No long catwalks. No Cars allowed. Just waves & powder white sand steps from your door (See Beach Overview below).
This is 2 berooms.
You will love the outdoor space. TWO Covered Lanais. One is Oceanfront for enjoying the View and Breeze . Great for Dinner or Lunch or just relaxing with a book. In the Rear is a Private Courtyard with Grill (gas or charcoal) and a second Dining area. Also Outdoor shower with hot and cold water. Beach Chairs and boogie boards.
Inside is the new 'open floor plan'. A central room with Kitchen, Living and Dining all in one. The BIG SCREEN TV comes with Comcast Cable plus a Streaming Video box for sharing You Tube Videos or Netflix (if you have an account) & FREE Wireless INTERNET. The Leather sofa converts to a Queen Sleeper if you need more sleeping arrangements.
My favorite space is the 'conversation area'. A round table with 4 leather swivel chairs flanked by double windows. A perfect place for games, cards or just sitting around laughing and telling stories. We provide several but our family favorite is Rummikub. It is the rare game where you can actually make a difference depending on how creative you are and can be played by all ages from 6 to 96. I hope it will become a tradition for your family as well and you'll think back to your stay in St Augustine each time you play.
My favorite thing in the house is the Granite Counter top. It is a new 'Leather Finish'. You will see what I am talking about. Very different. And the Floors. They are a mat finished Marble. So soft and cool. We loved them so much we used it throughout the house, even on the Lanai.
The KITCHEN was renovated 2012. All Stainless Appliances, Smooth top Stove and a really quiet Dishwasher. There is a HUGE Gathering Island with Bar Stools where you will spend most of your time. Fully equipped with Pottery Barn dishes and glasses and all the Pots and Pans you will need to prepare gourmet meals. I hope it will inspire you to stay home and cook. You may save enough to stay another day. That’s one advantage of a Home vs a Hotel! So bring your cookbooks.
There is also a Third Dining Table inside (We want to give you options) plus 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.
The Bedrooms both have ocean views & 42' Flat ScreenTVs. One is direct beachfront with 180 % view. The other has an 8 foot Picture window. Great to wake up to the sunrise. They can be breath taking.
Both Baths have the new style Bubble tubs where the air comes from the bottom vs the jets in the side. Much quieter and more soothing. They also have showers with classic subway tile surrounds and Furniture style vanities with stone vanities.
The Seaside Cottages provide all the Towels you will need (Bath & Beach). Beach Chairs & Boogie Boards. Shared Laundry. 2 Parking spots. And grassy space next door for Badminton or cartwheels.
Remember, if you need more space, or less, there are 4 Cottages to choose from:
Please checkout my other listings 997262, 997177, 3528116,
Now to the Beach and why I call it the 'Best Beach'. You need to do your research here. There is a tremendous difference in the beaches and only 18 streets of what most people agree is the Best
BEST BEACH. There are 4 distinct Beaches in St Augustine. Be sure and find out “where” your beach house is located before you book. I believe this is the BEST section for 5 reason:
1. First is the SAND. The sand is like powder, not coarse ground up shells like Vilano to the northo. This is the white powder you are looking for. Great for drip castles!
2. THE OCEAN IS RIGHT AT YOUR DOOR STEP. There is no long raised boardwalk like further south along Atlantic View with a 5 minute walk across the dunes to navigate with the cooler & chairs before you ever get to the water. Here the ocean and the VIEW is steps from your door. Be careful. There are some “beachfront” homes that are so “far from the beach” because of the sand dunes that you can hardly “see” the ocean.
3. There are NO CARS. This is a major distinction. Everything south of A Street has Cars. Imagine trying to play paddle ball or throwing football with cars continually passing by & having to be on constant baby alert. Not while you are on vacation!
4. The beach is WIDE with GREAT WAVES - Some beaches in Vilano to the north are narrow & steep, some even with rocks. The slope of the beach affects the waves. They break so close in you can't boogey board. The locals consider this the BEST SURFING around. There's a friendly Surf shop with lessons & rentals right down the street on 1st Lane if you have some adventurous ones. The rest will have plenty of fun with the boogey boards provided by Seaside Cottages free of charge.
5. The beach is within WALKING DISTANCE of loads of activities and restaurants. Many beaches both north and south are so isolated you have a long drive to get to anything. Not here. It is so nice to be able to walk over to a restaurant for breakfast or send the kids out for Ice Cream Cones. There is a park nearby with Tennis and a YMCA for swimming or workout. Even a funky BQ restaurant with live music where you can have a drink and watch your little ones play in the POOL. But better yet is the Pier. Located within walking distance they have a new Spash Pool the kids will love plus Beach Volleyball courts, pier fishing, a Farmers Market and Free Live Music Concerts. How wonderful is that?
So…… Please call if I can answer any questions day or night or visit my website with photos of every room and check out my You Tube Video.
I am so glad you decided to try a HOME vs a condo or hotel. There is such a difference. My hope is that you will come to think of us as 'your' second Home at the Beach and that it becomes a family tradition.
At your service,
My name is Linda Bayles. I have been a Reator with Remax in the Jacksonville/St Augustine area ranking in the Top 1% of Agents since 1998.
I work primarily as a Single Agent. There are not many of us out there. Most Realtors work as neutral Transaction Agents. You can googe 'Buyers Agent' to get an overview of the difference. I think it is big. Just ask yourself the question, Would I want the other sides Attorney to represent me too? That's it in a nut shell but the amazing thing is, unlike Attorneys, it does not cost you anything to have your OWN Realtor representing just YOUR interest. We are all paid by the Seller. So .... I would love to help if you are thinking about buying or selling in the area. Just call and I will start sending photos of homes so you can get familiar with the options before you come. Once here just let me know when you are available. We can see about 4 per hour.
And in 2004, I fell in love with St Augustine Beach.
Linda Bayles purchased this house in 2011
In 2005 I walked into a 1926 beach cottage on St Augustine Beach and knew I had found my calling. I wanted to 'Create' a vacation space for Families. Large extended families. A place were Cousins, Grandmothers, Uncles and Aunts can comfortably come together to reconnect and enjoy each other away from the demands of the outside world.
I come from a large family of 5 children as does my husband, Brad. Some of my fondest memories are when we all got together to just 'hang out' for 3 or 4 days. The little ones always come up with a 'play'. The adults always congregate in the Kitchen passing down the 'Family Recipes' to the next generation and playing Games. We are a big Game playing family. Specifically Rummikub . If you have never played, you should. I make sure there is one in each house and once you are hooked and have one of your own, hope you will think of your St Augustine stay every time you play. (Call and I will give you the rules)
So I bought that 1926 Craftsman, gutted it and turned it into The Chautauqua which sleeps 22. It has been a rewarding success.
In 2011, my Father expanded the tradition and bought 4 homes on 3 Oceanfront lots. We could not believe our luck and spent the next year remodeling them into The Seaside Cottages. We just put them on the market in June 2012.
Now we can accommodate up to 35 in one location! Cottage 1 is 5 bedroom 5 bath plus 2 sleeper sofas, 1 daybead and 2 bunks. Cottage 2 is a 2 Bedroom 3 bath plus sleeper sofa. Cottage 3 (here) is a 2 bedroom 2 bath with Sleeper. And Cottage 4 is a 1 bedroom 1.5 bath with Sleeper.
The Best part is not only the houses but the BEACH. There are only 18 streets on the “Best Beach” - No cars. No Catwalk. The ocean right at your door. Everything within walking distance…. And we now have homes on 2 of the them!
I hope you will come stay with us and create memories you will cherish for a lifetime. Then I will consider it a success.
Thank you so much for allowing the opportunity to rent Cottage #3 last week. We had such a great time and the house was great. I hope that we left everything to your standards when we came home on Saturday.
I just wanted to drop a quick note to again say thank for you for helping our family to relax and have a wonderful week in St. Augustine! We really appreciate your hospitality.
My family and I just returned from our stay in St. Augustine Beach at this oceanfront property. The inside is nicely updated with great furniture and a modern kitchen. The outdoor shower was really convenient and made frequent trips to the beach easy. The porch closest to the beach is large with tons of great seating. We were really happy with the rental process and the owner assisted us along the way. Highly recommend. Will be back.
House was great, very clean and modern.We were looking for a quiet place to share two weeks introducing our sixteen month son to the seashore and this was perfect! The home was gorgeous and had every single thing that we wanted or needed. The outdoor living areas were as wonderful as the indoor spaces. We´ll try to come back !!! Thanks Linda!
Great beach house with great location. Cottage looked like it was recently remodeled with new appliances. I loved looking out the bedroom window and seeing the dunes and sea oats and hearing the ocean. I also liked the covered patio closest to the beach. It was windy on some days and the patio offered some protection from the wind. Would definitely book this place. again.
There are endless things to do in Historic Downtown St Augustine all less than 5 minutes away by car or Trolley. Just search the web and you will be overloaded.
We are located just south of Downtown over the Bridge of Lions on Anastasia Island. There are tons of things to do within Walking Distance which is one thing that makes this Home so unique. Below are a few ideas. Feel free to call for details.
LOADS TO DO WALKNG DISTANCE FROM YOUR DOOR:
• Splash Pool at Pier
• Free Concerts at Pier
• Farmers Market at Pier
• Beach Volley Ball at Pier
• Outdoor Music at Jack's BQ
• Swimming Pool when you eat at Jacks BQ
• Ice Cream Shop
• Tons of Great Local Restaurants (No Chains)
• Cafes with Live Music
• Surf Shop with Surf Board, Kayak and Bike Rentals
• Segway Rentals
• Shell Shop
• Beach Shop selling Bathing Suits and Souvenirs
ON ANASTASIA ISLAND, MINUTES AWAY BY CAR:
• Swimming at YMCA with Day or Week Pass
• Gym at YMCA with Day or Week Pass
• Sports Bar
• Miniature Golf
• Canoeing on the Intracoastal
• Deep Sea Fishing
• Fishing on the Intercostal
• Boat Rental
• Pottery Painting
• Windsurfing at Anastasia State Park
• Amphitheater for concerts
HISTORIC ST AUGUSTINE JUST 5 MIN NORTH:
• Alligator Farm
• Oldest School
• The Fort
• Lighthouse Museum
• Flagler College
• Ghost Tours
• Winery Tour
• Chocolate Factory Tour
• World Class Restaurants
• Romantic Sailing excursions
• Ripley's Believe it or Not
• EcoTours for to see Dolphins or Birds
AMUSEMENTS NEAR BY:
• Outlet Malls at 95 - 10 min
• Go Cart Racing - 10 min
• All the Chains (Carrabba's, Red Lobster, Outback) - 5 min
• Daytona Races - 1 hour
• Disney World, Sea World & Universal - 2 hours
• Marine Land to see the Dolphins - 20 minutes
• Kennedy Space Center
• Jaguar Games
• Jacksonville Zoo
• Jacksonville Children's Museum
• Jacksonville Cummer Art Museum
• Ponte Vedra's TPC or Sawgrass - 30 minutes
• World Golf Village - 20 minutes
• Royal St Augustine - 5 minutes
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 21 2015 - May 29 2015
3 night minimum stay
May 30 2015 - Aug 14 2015
3 night minimum stay
Aug 15 2015 - Sep 8 2015
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Holiday upcharges: July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas,and New Years $500
Veterans Day, Bike Week, Easter, and Labor Day $300
Memorial Day $400
MLK Day and Presidents Day $250
Minimum 4 night stay during holidays, except July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years is a minimum 7 night stay.
Half due at booking and the other half 60 days before you arrive. We accept cashiers' checks, personal checks, or money orders for payment.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: