The Mountain Star is located in the heart of the Coconino National Forest along the San Francisco Peaks scenic corridor between the mountain town of Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. This spectacular and convenient location sets The Mountain Star apart from Williams and other rural locations. It can be rented for as little as 2 days, but is ideal for longer stays.
The Mountain Star is less than one hour’s drive from the Grand Canyon’s main entrance, and if you don’t want to drive yourself, a local tour company van will pick you up directly from this property. So enjoy the Grand Canyon and then leave the heat and crowds behind to enjoy your very own mountain retreat!
The Mountain Star, located at an elevation of 8,000 feet (2,438 meters) on 5 beautiful acres and backed by National Forest land, offers breath-taking natural beauty, expansive views, direct and easy access to nature, boundless outdoor activities (nature walks and hikes, biking, climbing, etc.) and a spectacular night sky. It is a sanctuary for inspiration, relaxation, reflection and rejuvenation, as well as being perfectly situated for outdoor fun and adventure. Its spacious, 2nd-story wrap-around deck with picnic table, chairs and chiminea (outdoor fireplace) provides for unparalleled enjoyment of the mountain air and scenery.
Experience seeing the sun breach the horizon every morning and evening, moon rises and moon-sets too. When is the last time you let a mountain breeze, the expansive play of earth light and shadow, nature’s panorama and the rich senses of the moment guide your day of thoughts and activity? The Mountain Star offers this to you and your loved ones on a daily basis.
The Mountain Star is completely wind and sun powered (with an automatic propane generator backup system). During the warmer months, the home is 'air conditioned' with refreshing mountain air using the operable windows that are in every room of the house, ceiling fans throughout and the operable window blinds throughout...and nights are always refreshingly cool in the warmest of summertime. During the colder months, the Mountain Star stays warm with 3 radiant heaters, a gas 'fire place' and a very efficient, living room pellet stove.
All outdoor photographs on this site were taken directly from the living room or leisure deck of The Mountain Star.
In addition to all the usual, full home amenities, this resort home offers:
• Spacious, 2nd-story wrap-around deck with picnic table, chairs and chiminea (outdoor fireplace) as well as a fire pan (an alternate form of an outdoor fireplace). Cut and split wood provided.
• Over one acre of fenced “backyard”
• Pet friendly (See rental agreement)
• Children welcome
• Large outdoor campfire pit stocked with wood
• Cellular internet present for most major carriers
• Music and exercise fun loft equipped with a full drum set, congas and an acoustic guitar! Also: an elliptical trainer and dumbbells.
• Spectacular star and moon viewing
• Living room pellet stove
• Outdoor Horseshoes game
• Whole house audio system including the outside deck
• Easy hookup of your smart phone or ipod to the home’s central sound system
• Satellite Radio
• Well-stocked DVD library
• Craft and hobby room
• Remote controlled living room skylight
• Large flat screen tv with Kinect Xbox 360. •
• A book library including Spiritual, Self-help, Poetry and Daily Inspirational readings, as well as fiction, local hiking and wildlife guides.
• A remote-controlled “Mountain Master” bedroom fireplace
• A large soaking tub with National Forest view
• Board games and inspirational card decks
• Yoga Mats
• Mountain drinking water
• Coffee, Teas, cooking oils, spices.
• Well-equipped kitchen and pantry
• Several hiking day packs
• Several sets of hiking poles
• Propane barbecue
• Mountain days and nights!
Some local attractions (approximate drive times)
• Grand Canyon - 1 Hour
• Flagstaff – 25 minutes
• Arizona Snowbowl - 20 Minutes (scenic sky rides and access to high mountain trails)
• Bearizona - 45 Minutes
• Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course - 30 Minutes
• Lake Mary - 45 Minutes
• Lava River Cave - 15 minutes
• Walnut Canyon National Monument - 45 Minutes
• Oak Creek Canyon - 45 Minutes
• Wupatki National Monument - 45 Minutes
• Sedona - 1 Hour
• Meteor Crater - 1 Hour
• Sunset Crater National Monument - 1 Hour
• Monument Valley - 3 Hours
• Vertical Relief Rock Climbing - 25 minutes
• Lake Powell – 2.5 hours
• Red Mountain – 10 minutes
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have, including such things as packing tips, activity ideas, planning help, etc. I will share my phone number via email. I am happy to provide you website links that describe the attractions listed above. Also, I can provide you with recommended website links for the following:
• Grand Canyon tours and hiking excursions
• Mountain bike rental and guided tours (very nearby)
• Wedding and honeymoon planning
• Local Yoga lessons/classes
• Hiking in Northern Arizona
• Scenic Drives in Northern Arizona
I have lived in the Flagstaff area for over 25 years and know the area well. I warmheartedly invite you to experience the joy, convenience and inspiration of The Mountain Star Resort!
*** Responsible and loving adults only…with or without their children :) ***