Lake Jocassee Chateau / Country House Rental Photos and Description
Chateau / Country House, 5 Bedrooms + Bunk Area, 6.5 Baths, (Sleeps 10-12)
Come to stay with us at The Jocassee Sanctuary, the spectacular, elegant yet comfortable 5 bedroom mountain lakefront home located on the pristine shores of Lake Jocassee. Considered the “Lake Tahoe of the East' the lake also lies in the Jocassee Gorges, one of 50 places National Geographic says one must visit and where fish always stay.
• Wake up to breathtaking waterfront sunrises from the private balconies on all levels of the home, including all 5 en suite bedrooms;
• Share sunsets and good times with friends and family on the open, lake-front 830 square feet patio with outdoor fireplace or on the covered patio;
• Gather family and friends around to help prepare meals in either of the 2 large kitchens or outdoor grill that could rival even the finest restaurants;
• Private elevator access is available to all floors of the home (although its use is restricted); as well as a tram system that runs from the main level of the home make this an ideal retreat for all ages.
Cruise the crystal waters of Lake Jocassee.
Discover waterfalls, swim, fish and water ski … or just relax with friends and family. Access to the lake is limited so there are plenty of places to tube or learn water skiing without being overwhelmed by boats in this 75 acre lake. There are always things to do and places to explore from The Jocassee Sanctuary!
Play competitive miniature golf or horseshoes!
• Perfect for a one of a kind getaway with friends, family, or as a corporate retreat!
• More information, video and pictures available at thejocasseeclub dot com
A FEW CONSIDERATIONS:
• No one under 35 years old is allowed to rent. Renting on behalf of guests less than 35 years old is strictly prohibited. The financially responsible party signing the rental agreement must be at least 35 years old, and must be an occupant of the house during the term of the agreement.
LIMIT - 10 occupants
• No pets, no smoking.
• No house parties. The Jocassee Sanctuary is in a pristine and quiet residential area. Please be mindful of our shared neighbors during your stay and understand that this home is not suitable for loud noise or parties.
• Incline Tram System/Lift that services the home will take you from the Parking lot to the Main level (called Whitewater Lodge) where you should enter upon arrival. The Lift has a 700-pound capacity. An adult must accompany anyone under the age of 18 to ride the Lift.
• Check-in & Check-out: Check-in is after 3PM on Friday. Check-out is by 10AM on Friday.
• Recommended Items to Bring: Groceries (the closest market in Cashiers, which is 16 miles away), paper products, laundry & dish detergent, floats/tubes/life vests for water lounging, fishing poles and fishing licenses. (*linens and towels are provided)
• Trash Fee will apply for removal of excess (more than 7 large bags) or unbagged trash (trash bags are provided).
• Boat rental near and delivery available from jocassee outdoors center
Keywords: mountain home, lakefront home, estate, mountain retreat, lake retreat, 5 bedrooms
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
We have owned a home on Lake Jocassee for over 20 years. When we had the opportunity to purchase more of the extremely rare land, we jumped at the chance. Whitewater Lodge is now available for rental to those who know the special magic surrounding Lake Jocassee. Lake Jocassee is known by some as the Lake Tahoe of the East. With its crystal clear waters and thousands of acres of protected land, there is nowhere else that has the same magic as Lake Jocassee.
Whitewater Lodge of The Jocassee Club is one of those rare places that always seems to build a deeper connection between family, friends, and the natural world with each visit.