Lakeshore Road Cottage is 1 blk from Lake Michigan.
Perfect setting for three generations to gather together and yet have some privacy. There are rooms for reading, rooms with fireplaces, rooms to dine and do projects in, a loft for the kids to hang out. Sleeping porches, reading rooms, 4 bedrooms, plus loft, Two fireplaces. Plus bonfire outside.
Union Pier, Michigan on Lakeshore Road
4 Bedrooms, plus loft, 2 full baths and Sleeps 9 to 10, 1 one blk to beach.
Accommodations and Amenities
Stunning 1930’s classic American cottage house with architecturally designed upgrades, bringing you the charm of the old world and comforts of the new, just minutes from Lake Michigan’s famous dunes of “singing sand” beaches.
• Master bedroom with queen bed, gas fireplace and private bath with claw foot French tub and shower
• Guest bedroom with single twin bed
• Guest bedroom with full bed
• Sleeping porch solarium with queen bed
• Upstairs loft with 3 twin beds & sofa
• 2 full baths, with showers and tubs
• Cathedral ceiling, skylight, wood-burning fireplace, WiFi, TV/DVD, Bose radio/CD.
• Wood plank cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows, and double French doors to the back deck.
• Country French style table and chairs, seats 8 to 10 with leaves.
A Chef’s Kitchen
• Newly remodeled open floor-plan, completely equipped with stove, dishwasher, microwave, pots & pans and pantry full of dishes, wine glasses and serving bowls.
• Eat, sleep, read, swing, laze, meditate or contemplate on any one of the house’s charming five porches.
The Grounds and Beach
Resting upon a beautifully landscaped acre of lawn, mature trees and gardens, Colleen’s cottage is an easy five minute stroll to Lake Michigan’s gorgeous beachfront. Campfires, s’mores and storytelling are warmly encouraged.
Beach Access: 1 short block from cottage down sandy road
There are 3 other beaches nearby: one 6 blocks away, another 3 blocks and a third less than 1 mile (this one has a sandy slope but no parking). You also will receive a 'Resident's Pass' to Cherry Beach which is 3.5 miles north off Lakeshore Road and Red Arrow Highway. Free parking.
Central air is zoned by room; linens, bath towels and beach towels provided. No pets allowed, non-smoking only, children welcome.
• Flagstone Patio with fire pit
• Living Room,with fireplace
• Large yard with flower gardens
• Enclosed glass porch for reading
• Master bedroom, queen bed, fireplace,, reading chairs
Master bath, antique claw foot tub and shower
• Guest room, full bed, opens into bath from bedroom. • Guest bathroom, tub and shower
• Sleeping porch, queen, windows on three sides
• Loft bedroom for children
• Third guest bedroom, twin
• Playhouse with kid’s refrigerator, stove, sink, china
• Dining room, stairs to loft
• Chef’s kitchen, an open plan
• Back deck, blue hydrangeas against red geraniums
• Potting shed
Location: In the heart of Union Pier, on Lakeshore Road 1 block to the beach