|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Recently renovated apartment in the souterrain of our canal house dating from the 17th century, Amsterdam’s Golden Age. Along one of the three main canals, de Herengracht, this house has a unique location - everyone will agree - because of the wide views on two canals, both Herengracht and Blauwburgwal.
This stylish and comfortable guesthouse with private entrance and patio offers a spacious living room with dining table and fully equipped kitchen with some of the original 400 years old floortiles preserved.
The souterrain has one bedroom with an en suite bathroom. Optional: additional guest room with an en suite bathroom, only available in combination with the apartment.
It's connected to the apartment by internal stairs, which gets you to the rear part of the groundfloor, the so called Achterhuis, as in the Anne Frank house.
- modern decoration
- smart TV
- WiFi (free)
- external disk with approximately 100 movies
- coffee and tea included
- fully equipped kitchen
The place is very warm and furnished with an eye for detail, and perfectly suited for one or two couples or a family to retreat and discover Amsterdam.
I like hosting in our guesthouse and so meeting wonderful people from all over the world.
As an Amsterdam born I love strolling around in this beautiful city of mine. Although it is a city, it often feels more like a small village: a friendly atmosphere, many, many bikers, narrow alleys and it's easy to feel at home, to feel like you're a local. I hope you will enjoy Mokum (that's the name of Amsterdam in slang) as much as I do.
Last 2 years, my wife Nancy and I have been renovating an old farmhouse in rural Portugal.
I have been working for 20 years in Human Resources.
Without exaggeration I can say that this is one of the most beautiful spots in town.
My wife Nancy and I were very lucky to obtain this property in which we are living with so much pleasure.
After re-foundation of the house, we have the basement converted into a guesthouse with all comfort that makes a stay enjoyable.
- super central location
- quiet and comfortable guesthouse
- modern with look & feel from the glorious past of 17th century Amsterdam
- suitable for 2 couples or a family travelling together. Two separate bedrooms & bathrooms
- private entrance
- Around the corner from the Herenstraat and Prinsenstraat, shopping with designer clothing stores, small shops and many restaurants and cafes.
- All sights like the Anne Frank house, Dam square, the Jordaan area and all museums are within walking or cycling distance, so you won't spend a fortune on public transport.
- Every Saturday there is a market at the Lindengracht and a farmers market with organic food at the Noordermarkt (5 minutes walk from the guesthouse).
- To Central Station is 6 minutes walk.
- Public transport, tram and bus lines:
Nieuwezijds Kolk 1 minute
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
-> 195 Euro per night for the apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (max. 4 guests). One week 1250 Euro. Minimum stay is 2 nights.
A down-payment via PayPal for 50% of the rental at time of booking.
Payment of the other 50% should be done by cash on arrival.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: