Islamorada Condo Rental Photos and Description
2 bedroom, 2 bath, sleeps 4
Futura Yacht Club is just 68 miles south of Miami.
Amenities include heated pool,, 2 lighted tennis courts, and a basketball courts.
The condo has high speed internet, just bring your laptop & stay in touch with the world!
Charcoal grills and picnic tables make for a unforgettable beach side sunset meals.
Located conveniently between Tavernier Creek and Snake Creek makes ocean access from the bay a breeze. Our unit has an optional dock for boats up to 33’ with a lockable dock storage box and an on site boat ramp.
Scuba, snorkeling, fishing, wining, dining, hiking are all nearby.
There is a convenience store and 2 restaurants located across the street (1 minute walk)
Shopping Plaza Nearby (approx 3 miles away): There is a plaza nearby (3 miles) with Winn Dixie (for groceries), a liquor store, cinema, 3 restaurants, bank, pharmacy (CVS) gift stores (Pier 1) and much, much more
John Pennecamp State Park (approx 12 miles away): At Pennekamp Park, visitors can learn about The Reef, Reef Animals, Snorkeling, Diving, and much, much more! Throughout the year, there are many environmental programs offered to park visitors on a wide range of natural and cultural history subjects. Guided nature walks along the Mangrove and Wild Tamarind trails are offered seasonally or upon request by individuals and organized groups. Current program schedules are available at the Ranger Station.
Established in 1963, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park was the first undersea park created in the United States. The park, combined with the adjacent Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, encompasses 178 nautical square miles of coral reefs, seagrass beds and mangrove swamps. These areas were established to protect and preserve the only living coral reef in the continental United States.
Theater of The Sea (approx. 6 miles away): Marine Mammal Adventure Park. Eco tours, swim with Dolphins, Sea Lions, and Sting Rays, plus other programs in beautifully landscaped setting. Reservations required for swims. Come Share Our Adventure! (approx 6 miles away
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
Diane & I have been going to Islamorada for over 10 years to escape the cold Canadian winter. We have 2 kids currently in college who love to come down also to enjoy the sun.
Hope you love our little chunk of paradise us much as we do!
Pete, Diane, Steve & Alex R. Aurora (Toronto), Ontario
Before we purchased at Futura we rented at many different places and this is why we ultimately chose Futura Yacht Club.
1) Small, only 36 condos and 32 townhomes, so it is rarely crowded
2) Bay side = Sunset...say no more
3) Charcoal grill available to cook a nice steak or burger (you can only go out for dinner so often
4) The pool. It was the best pool in Islamorada and now they have just remodeled it making it the absolute best pool, why? Biggest, warm, new Tiki bar with flat screen TV, I don't even have photos of it yet as when I was there mid Nov 2013, it was not quite complete yet, but I will get photos next month (Dec 2013)
5) Security. Very few people, gated community, I feel very safe for my family
6) Quiet enjoyment. The community is tight knit, spring breakers are not tolerated, so you always get a great night sleep.
Very close to shopping (grocery, liquor, McDonalds, pharmacy and a hospital.
Walking distance to at least 4 restaurants
Elevator to pool about 100 yards
Pool to beach about 100 yards